Jets- extra preparation for our game

SF Bills Fan

So did their opponent.

We're talking about the inequity in prep time between teams who face each other.

Bad? I'd say they have a bad offense and a good defense.

Most importantly they have a QB situation which will make winning difficult but their D will be a good test for the Bills.

The losses of Revis and Landry were substantial.

However the loss of 2 starting LBs is inconsequential at best. When the Jets let them walk there was zero interest in Bart Scott and Bryan Thomas and in fact, neither one is in the NFL right now.

Lets revisit this when the Jets are 2-6 in a few weeks.

They get to watch our game Sunday, the Bills staff got to watch their game Thursday night.

How does watching the Jets game on Thursday night help us prepare for the Carolina Panthers on Sunday? I seriously doubt our coaches did anything with the Jets game on Thursday night. And if they spent time on that instead of working on Carolina, they should be fired.

How does watching the Jets game on Thursday night help us prepare for the Carolina Panthers on Sunday? I seriously doubt our coaches did anything with the Jets game on Thursday night. And if they spent time on that instead of working on Carolina, they should be fired.

ummm they review the tape after Sundays game. who said that the coaches did watch NYETS / Putz game film ... other than just watching a Thursday night game

Our quality control coaches and such are likely scouting out on the horizon so they can present the relevant trends, situations etc.... to the top guys to hit the ground running. While marrone isn't in the film today, likely, their are members of the bills staff working with it already

Edited by NoSaint

Good point on them playing on TR means our qulaity control guys, have more time to break down both sides of the ball. I expect Geno to make smore mistakes at inopportune times vs. EJ. EJ had a better first game, so it's not a big deal. Besides I'm sick of making excuses why we are at a disadvantage for any reason. Go out and beat them. We can do it.

Noone knows the Jets defensive scheming better than Pettine. He was with Rexy for what 10 years. That will help. The jets defense is better for the Jets, but so is ours. Our weakness last week was not as predicted in the secondary as much as the running game. They don't ahve a stud RB, so we need to stop the run. We do that and put pressure on Geno, we'll win as Whaley will look like a genius as he will have chosen the much better QB in EJ than Geno.

The Bills can win today and next week. They also should have a shot at Baltimore (not predicting just saying Baltimore could be vulnerable if we have Byrd and possibly Gilmore back), at home, and Cleveland. It gets harder after that.

Go Bills!!