Pro Football Hall Of Fame canidates announced

Just Jack

I think Polian is the only lock, although would love to see Reed finally break through.

I don't think Polian is a lock. He has been out of the game only for a year. They never put Parcells in HOF after his break from the Giants and before joining the Patriots. They want to make sure that these folks are truly retired before they consider them for the hall.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flutie?

It is the Pro Football HOF not just the NFL HOF. Flutie had an incredible CFL career. He won the Most Outstanding Player 6 years IN A ROW! He was an All-Star those same 6 years, and in 2006 was named the greatest cfl player of all time. He won 3 Grey Cups out of 4 appearances and threw for over 40,000 yards in the CFL.

I don't know if any of this will get him in but it certainly helps his case.

It is the Pro Football HOF not just the NFL HOF. Flutie had an incredible CFL career. He won the Most Outstanding Player 6 years IN A ROW! He was an All-Star those same 6 years, and in 2006 was named the greatest cfl player of all time. He won 3 Grey Cups out of 4 appearances and threw for over 40,000 yards in the CFL.

Oh god here we go again!

They don't use CFL stats for consideration, due to the different size field, number of players on field, etc. They will consider USLF though.

They don't use CFL stats for consideration, due to the different size field, number of players on field, etc. They will consider USLF though.

Huh did not know that. Well I would say that rules Flutie out then. Unless 65 career starts is enough to get him in lol.

It's "criminal" and a "no-brainer" that a team that never won a Super Bowl and already has 5 hall of famers from the 1990-93 teams (Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, Lofton and Levy) doesn't have 4 more (Reed, Bennett, Tasker and Hull)? It's the hall of fame, not the hall of very good players. Sorry but Reed is borderline, although personally I don't think he's a hall of famer and Bennett, Tasker and Hull will never sniff it, nor should they. All very good players, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure you understand the type of career required to make the hall of fame. And also, dude, Fred Smerlas, hall of famer?

I agree wholly with this post. The Bills are fortunate to have 5 guys from those teams already in. Maybe Reed, but none of the others. The call for Tasker is a local thing. Maybe if he had accomplished more as a receiver, but his accomplishments against 2nd and 3rd stringers, on Special Teams, ain't gonna cut it.

• 2 months later...

I always find threads about the HOF on TBD kind of depressing. There is an increasingly vocal faction amongst Bills fans that seem to relish trashing the Bills Super Bowl era players as if they meant nothing and had no impact on the game. There really is no stated formula or equation for who does or does not belong in the HOF, other than the most basic of qualifications. It really is just a matter of opinion, and garnering of support. The fact that Andre Reed gets so disparaged, by Bills fans disgusts me a little. I often feel like his loudest critics either didn't actually see him play, or weren't old enough to formulate a valid opinion.

I always find threads about the HOF on TBD kind of depressing. There is an increasingly vocal faction amongst Bills fans that seem to relish trashing the Bills Super Bowl era players as if they meant nothing and had no impact on the game. There really is no stated formula or equation for who does or does not belong in the HOF, other than the most basic of qualifications. It really is just a matter of opinion, and garnering of support. The fact that Andre Reed gets so disparaged, by Bills fans disgusts me a little. I often feel like his loudest critics either didn't actually see him play, or weren't old enough to formulate a valid opinion.

its the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats or the Hall of Impact.

Just saying.

Since his career ended, he has literally fell off the face of the earth. The guys that get in quickly, are usually the ones that are in the media and making a name for themselves even off the field. Carter's stats aren't much better yet he made it in already. Not a coincidence.

Andre is very much deserving and long overdue.

BZkML2UCAAAgKPu.jpg

Paul Tagliabue I think is a lock. Jimmy Johnson or Tony Dungy, one of them will get in this year, but not both. The other will have to wait another year. Hate to see TO get in before Andre. A few more names jump out to me, but no one that I can say is a lock.

its the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Stats or the Hall of Impact.

Just saying.

Since his career ended, he has literally fell off the face of the earth. The guys that get in quickly, are usually the ones that are in the media and making a name for themselves even off the field. Carter's stats aren't much better yet he made it in already. Not a coincidence.

If anyone voting for the HOF doesn't know who Andre Reed is, they really shouldn't be voting. You think if Reed got himself on Dancing With the Stars he would get into the football HOF? Edited by Buftex