Is Sully no longer on GR?

bbb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the new Bills-friendly Mike Schopp has no need for a curmudgeon?

PTR

I can't believe anyone would have a need for Sully period. Except Bucky I guess. Now they can try and outblowhard each other on tv now. A show I will never, ever, ever watch.

I watched the Bucky & Sully show. It was bad.

They both "staged" abusing one another on topics & "staged" being smart alec's.

It was kind of a controversial talk show set up - like "Pardon the Interruption".

Sully is a knob...and Bob Kuchinski (sp?), was only there to shut them up for commercial breaks.

Not worth the watch!

You can see podcasts of their new Friday and Monday shows on the Buffalo News website. (a) Sully is the best sports opinion writer in Buffalo. (b) He tells it like it is, not how the Bills and Sabres apologizers want it to be.

(a) That's like being the tallest midget.

(b) Not even close to the truth. Sully massages the truth to fit his agenda, which is usually generating outrage. He also contradicts his own columns, again, when it suits his agenda.

But I do agree he can write. He is capable of writing good columns. It's just easier sometimes to poke people with a stick.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

(a) That's like being the tallest midget.

(b) Not even close to the truth. Sully massages the truth to fit his agenda, which is usually generating outrage. He also contradicts his own columns, again, when it suits his agenda.

But I do agree he can write. He is capable of writing good columns. It's just easier (and more apt to sell newspapers) sometimes to poke people with a stick.

PTR

Agreed.

Sully takes the same approach as the 'Fire! in the Theater' posters here at TSW. The more outrageous the position, the more eyeballs, click-throughs, rebuttals it draws.

The lowest common denominator appeal that draws attention for a few days, but doesn't shed much light on anything....

There's a big difference between telling it like it is and always searching for the negative angle. D-bag Jerry always searches for the negative angle, no matter what.

You can see podcasts of their new Friday and Monday shows on the Buffalo News website. Sully is the best sports opinion writer in Buffalo. He tells it like it is, not how the Bills and Sabres apologizers want it to be.

There's a big difference between telling it like it is and always searching for the negative angle. D-bag Jerry always searches for the negative angle, no matter what.

Yup. like I've said before, he can be writing a column about the Winter Olympics, and somehow get a dig in on the Bills.

Sully massages the truth to fit his agenda, which is usually generating outrage. He also contradicts his own columns, again, when it suits his agenda.

This is my central issue with him in a nutshell. He is always looking backwards, using stats or nebulous generalizations to support his outrage with what has occurred. Don't know that he has ever stuck his neck out there in a column. I won't miss him.

I've been around Jerry a few times at the Wellington Pub and the guy is just a bloviator. I believe his attitude is that he possesses the ability to think at a higher level than most. He lives in a city that has been declining economically and he commentates on sports teams that have had little success. The problem with him is he's attached all that to him being right. I fully understand that he capitalized on the teams he covers demise and decided to find success being hated. He believes he's being honest and just telling it like it is but. He's been quoted as saying “That people would think I was from here, that I would understand the way this town thinks, is really important to me because it’s important to the people here. They want you not necessarily to like them, but to get them.” Well that's just it, he's not from Buffalo and the folks that don't enjoy him feel that. He doesn't love the Bills or the Sabres or the City for that matter. He thinks he's figured out how to be like Buffalonians. The fact is he hasn't at all because he's missing the most important part. We've all criticized our home city our home teams, but it's the love that keeps us rooting. Sorry Jerry but that's one thing you can't fake.

Name the objective positives to write about the Bills between 2001 and 2012.