Hammer Lot pros

So I've been to MANY Bills games and more often than not I park in Hammer lot. To my surprise Sunday the lot was totally full at 8:15...I know the board had a meet up there which I am sure played a roll in it filling so early (in years past I would be safe showing up at 830 to get in with spots to spare). I am just wondering if the lot filled so fast because of the meet up or just as much because the new harder stadium lot rules? At any rate I'm leaving Rochester a half hour earlier this week.......my crew ended up parking in the mud lot which was OK. But I hate how the field house blocks the view of the stadium..

From what I was told this past weekend, 8 is typically the latest you want to get there, and from my experience there, it is WELL worth the early arrival!! I was also informed that it was a combination of a few things that let to the early fill up... Opening weekend, TBD home opener tailgate party, and the new Disney parking scheme...

So I've been to MANY Bills games and more often than not I park in Hammer lot. To my surprise Sunday the lot was totally full at 8:15...I know the board had a meet up there which I am sure played a roll in it filling so early (in years past I would be safe showing up at 830 to get in with spots to spare). I am just wondering if the lot filled so fast because of the meet up or just as much because the new harder stadium lot rules? At any rate I'm leaving Rochester a half hour earlier this week.......my crew ended up parking in the mud lot which was OK. But I hate how the field house blocks the view of the stadium..

Probably an opening day thing. For the first time we actually didn't get in the lot either but we all ended up in the same place and it was one of our best tailgates ever. I had to do a sell job on going back to Hammer's next week and to me it comes down to It won't be as impossibly busy at Hammer's most weeks(late in the season it gets sparse like all lots) and where we were won't be as good at the other lots next week. One of the great upsides of the main lots was the size. If you rolled in at 10 am you could still park somewhere in lot 1 no matter how busy it was. That allowed a lot of walk up and new tailgaters, etc. and was a big reason why we resisted moving as long as we did.

I've never parked in this lot, I know Hammer is a friend of the site, but for the 99% of us who don't park there, a parking lot gets wayyyyyyyy to much coverage. Just my 2 cents.

open containers is big. I expect a crack down now that the opener is over with. Also the Disney parking and other bs.

open containers is big. I expect a crack down now that the opener is over with. Also the Disney parking and other bs.

As stated in other threads, I, along with other people had interactions with the local smokey while in possession of an open container, and it want even an issue... There was the cordial "hey, you know the open container law changed" nothing... They could give two shats

As stated in other threads, I, along with other people had interactions with the local smokey while in possession of an open container, and it want even an issue... There was the cordial "hey, you know the open container law changed" nothing... They could give two shats

yeah, I think it'll change over the next few home games, less tolerance and more stern observance.

I've never parked in this lot, I know Hammer is a friend of the site, but for the 99% of us who don't park there, a parking lot gets wayyyyyyyy to much coverage. Just my 2 cents.

99%? Where did you get that number from? Of those who actually BEEN to a Bills game at the Ralph how do you know how many people on this site have been there to park or just to go to other event there?

Did you get the 99% stat from one of the books "99% of stats are made up"?

99%? Where did you get that number from? Of those who actually BEEN to a Bills game at the Ralph how do you know how many people on this site have been there to park or just to go to other event there?

That was really unnecessary.

It's hyperbole and everyone uses it.

Always wanted to be a 1%er!!!!!

From what I was told this past weekend, 8 is typically the latest you want to get there, and from my experience there, it is WELL worth the early arrival!! I was also informed that it was a combination of a few things that let to the early fill up... Opening weekend, TBD home opener tailgate party, and the new Disney parking scheme...

I was shocked how fast the cars where coming in. Beside the huge TBD tailgate party, the were a lot of opening game one timer small group parkers.which made for a crazy morning.

When you were in the Mud lot, did you see the 3 RV's with Brady fans getting pelted with corn, mud, cans and bottles?

One thing I will say, Hammers Lot is a great place

Thank You but I only own the land, It's tailgaters like you that set the tone/atmosphere for a great day of tailgatin.

Its actually pretty simple. All threads with "Hammer Lot" in the title, don't click them. You're welcome.

I was shocked how fast the cars where coming in. Beside the huge TBD tailgate party, the were a lot of opening game one timer small group parkers.which made for a crazy morning.

When you were in the Mud lot, did you see the 3 RV's with Brady fans getting pelted with corn, mud, cans and bottles?

Thank You but I only own the land, It's tailgaters like you that set the tone/atmosphere for a great day of tailgatin.

Were those Pat fans toward the back corner? Close to the field house?

NOTE:

I just clicked on the link in "Hammered a Lot"'s sig. When I clicked on the map I got a nasty pop-up for some gaming site.

The ones that say "click here to close" and when you do, it re-opens. When I closed Firefox in TaskManager, then reopened, the popup was back. Only a simple restart fixed it.

Hey Hammer, maybe check on that. I havent had that happen to me in about 3 years.

Hammer's is more than just a parking lot...It's a tradition. Hammer (Eric) and his crew work their butts off to make sure everything is as smooth as possible. No matter where you are, you can always find one of the crew if you need help. As a female, I truly appreciate the green grass instead of blacktop, the "ladies" porta potties and the hand cleaner.

Hammer's is more than just a parking lot...It's a tradition. Hammer (Eric) and his crew work their butts off to make sure everything is as smooth as possible. No matter where you are, you can always find one of the crew if you need help. As a female, I truly appreciate the green grass instead of blacktop, the "ladies" porta potties and the hand cleaner.

Well said, Aussiew.

I'm literally counting down the days till next year.

yiu should be counting down the days till Sunday and just bring your butt over.

Man, I wish I could. It's a 5+ hour drive for me. Seeing some of the tix on sale are tempting. I bragged about your pulled pork (this thread will now take a turn) to my wife and she's ready to go next year!

Man, I wish I could. It's a 5+ hour drive for me. Seeing some of the tix on sale are tempting. I bragged about your pulled pork (this thread will now take a turn) to my wife and she's ready to go next year!

lol. Next year I'm just gonna make like 20lbs of it instead of splitting it up and doing Ribs too.

And someone had it before, we need to add in some desserts for after the game as well.

Too bad and if you are going to stick your ass out with a sign for someone to kick it, someone will.

Making hyperbole, which is common in everyday life, is sticking a sign out telling people to kick their ass?

Are you thinking before you're typing?

That being said, I think i'll have to try Hammers lot this week. Never been before!

4 guys travelling from Richmond Va to the Ravens Game. 2 Bills/2 "cool" Ravens Fans.Don't have room to carry tailgating gear. Want to join in on established party. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Send me $20 and I will send you a pass to the 2nd floor premium party. I won't be able to make the Ravens game, so I will sell you mine.

I'm coming from the east and have 2+ hours to travel there. I would love to try out Hammer's lot but unfortunately between location and time of arrival it is never possible... How hard is it to get out if I need to go back east (near Syracuse)? TIme of arrival may be able to be worked on if it isn't that bad to get out...

Send me $20 and I will send you a pass to the 2nd floor premium party. I won't be able to make the Ravens game, so I will sell you mine.

Dude, you weren't supposed to say anything about that, it's like Fight Club. You're out of the group now and your passes revoked.

Thanks Gugny, went to Tailgate Central, nothing much there right now for Raven's game. Want to be where the action is, and as close to the stadium as possible. Met Pinto Kenny in Charlotte and Baltimore, would like to get there or Hammer's if possible. A displaced NYer from Rochester now living in Virginia, trying to show some southern boys how it is done in the north.

Thanks Gugny, went to Tailgate Central, nothing much there right now for Raven's game. Want to be where the action is, and as close to the stadium as possible. Met Pinto Kenny in Charlotte and Baltimore, would like to get there or Hammer's if possible. A displaced NYer from Rochester now living in Virginia, trying to show some southern boys how it is done in the north.

mrags is a TBD guy and is going to the game. PMing him would not be a bad idea. Mead107 is also going, I believe. Have fun.

I believe Pinto Kenny has moved from Bills' lot to Hammer's Lot permanently so got both at same place.

Hammer lot is the way to go but I'm kinda glad I ended up in the Mud lot this past week. Lots of....um..."personality" over there too. I had never parked there before and now I know of a good number two. With that said we're leaving Rochester an extra half hour early at 7am this week.

Were those Pat fans toward the back corner? Close to the field house?

Yep I heard the situation there was getting to a very dangerous point.

Well played! By the way ... nice sticker on your rear windshield. I have a pic of it (and your license plate). Once the gallery is created, I'll add the pics!

Awesome!! Let me know when it's created! Haha my MrsCletus thinks I am paranoid bc I bought special screws for it bc I didn't want any drunk with a Phillips head screw driver to take off with a souvenir! Unfortunately they made more than one wrench for that security screw, so it's always an option...

Had a blast up there!

lol. Next year I'm just gonna make like 20lbs of it instead of splitting it up and doing Ribs too.

And someone had it before, we need to add in some desserts for after the game as well.

Rich and I each had a pile of beer on ice!!! You should have said something, we had dessert covered!!

If you can get there early enough to park at Hammer's, you are more than welcome to dive in on the shindig... I imagine that is where the bride and I will be... I will also see about getting with mead and mrags about getting together... If either of you two read this before I PM you, consider this the warning, hahaha...

On a similar note... Pulled pork from mrags, and Stromboli from mead would be awesome!!! Didn't get to try the pork, and I don't think I can wait until next year for the Stromboli!!!