Russ Brandon should be fired

ny33

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Week 1? Your rookie qb has a 105 qbr in his first game and we almost win the damn thing and we have retarded threads like this?

Not to mention our top two defensive backs were out and we held Brady to 21 points. We were a ten point dog and nearly beat a perrenial Super Bowl contender. For the first time in a long time it appears we are building a legitimate playoff team. I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading on here.....

Not to mention our top two defensive backs were out and we held Brady to 21 points. We were a ten point dog and nearly beat a perrenial Super Bowl contender. For the first time in a long time it appears we are building a legitimate playoff team. I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading on here.....

9 points if you take away two turnovers giving Brady the ball at the 9 and 11.

9 points if you take away two turnovers giving Brady the ball at the 9 and 11.

Oh geeez, another one of those "IF" posters. "IF" they wouldn't have had turnovers. "IF" this and "IF" that, blah, blah, blah. You know what I say to the "IF" posters. "IF" your aunt had balls she would be your uncle.

Edited by thefootballexpert

I'm not going to read this whole thread from someone who is the OP and knows jack schit. Russ Brandon actually knows what he is doing. The OP has no clue. Would the OP rather have someone incompetent running the business side of the Bills?

Again, Brandon is a great marketer but terrible at football decision-making. I would rather Brandon focus only on marketing/business, not football decisions.

If he wasn't hired because he was the best available (would come to Buffalo) candidate or ONLY because he and Brandon both went to Syracuse then why do you you have any faith in him at all?

Brandon went to Fisher.

We'll live and die by our Q.B., so that may not matter too much in the end, but, yes, we should have hired someone less green to run the team.

Russ Brandon should have been shifted to a non-football role back in 2008.

NY 33, by any chance are you near the airport? All flights to "Stupid Ass Land" are free.Bye.

Again, Brandon is a great marketer but terrible at football decision-making. I would rather Brandon focus only on marketing/business, not football decisions.

Can you tell me what football decisions Brandon allegedly made? And how you decided they were all wrong based on one game?

Can you tell me what football decisions Brandon allegedly made? And how you decided they were all wrong based on one game?

He hired Marrone, and served (poorly) as G.M. for a year. We may be a winning team if Manuel works out, and I'm cautiously optimistic on that front. I have a feeling we may end up becoming something like the current Detroit Lions, a talented team with a good, but imperfect Q.B. and a coach who occasionally throws games away (Jim Schwartz makes way too many mistakes that cost the team games).

Tell me, what has Brandon done, football-wise, to show that he deserves to continue making football-related decisions? The fact that the Bills spend the off-season at his regional alma mater and the hire of a local coach tell me that Brandon might make decisions with regionalization and his personal relationships sometimes prioritized over simply winning football games.

As to those who have launched ad hominem attacks for daring to criticize the regime (not you), please find a legitimate way to contribute to the discussion. Is it such a stretch to believe that Brandon doesn't make every decision with winning as his top priority?

He was GM like 4 years ago and then he hired football guys to do it. Whatever you think of those people he has hired he has separated himself from making "football" decisions. He's still the President though. What NFL team President wouldn't be involved in hiring a new coach? I'm sure Russ Brandon wouldn't be anyone here's first choice if they were building a team from the ground up, but the timing of this diatribe seems a little off. This coaching staff has had one game and they lost by 2 points. Was Russ Brandon calling plays today? You seem to be optimistic about Manuel after one game but against everybody that led to him being here. How do you reconcile that?

He was GM like 4 years ago and then he hired football guys to do it. Whatever you think of those people he has hired he has separated himself from making "football" decisions. He's still the President though. What NFL team President wouldn't be involved in hiring a new coach? I'm sure Russ Brandon wouldn't be anyone here's first choice if they were building a team from the ground up, but the timing of this diatribe seems a little off. This coaching staff has had one game and they lost by 2 points. Was Russ Brandon calling plays today? You seem to be optimistic about Manuel after one game but against everybody that led to him being here. How do you reconcile that?

Most of the people he, or Wilson, have hired tend to be people with strong connections to the organization or region. The Bills have a long history of making such decisions, from Wilson naming the should've-stayed-retired Marv Levy as G.M., to Brandon's being retained for so long.

I think Manuel was a good pick, and he seems to have a good enough head on his shoulders and the physical talent to succeed.

Perhaps the mistake I made was in titling the topic, "Russ Brandon should be fired." Obviously he shouldn't be fired one week into the season. But we, as fans, need to take a closer look at the decisions he has made and decide if they were made with winning as the #1 priority. Maybe Marrone was hired because he was the best choice, but I maintain my suspicion that he was hired in no insignificant part because he comes from a program that Brandon has strong ties to.

Thanks for a fair and reasoned post, unlike almost every other poster on this board.

In my opinion, Russ Brandon is the fundamental problem with this organization.

The move shifting him to new "owner" of the Bills was far from a fresh start. I suspect that he has been doing a lot of Ralph's work for years, and "Ralph is cheap" has really been "Russ is cheap."

The man is a marketer, not, I think, a guy whose primary goal is winning Super Bowls. It's too early to say that Marrone is a bad coach- give us a few more games this season where discipline and clock management lose us the game- but I think fans should be extremely concerned about the fact that our head coach was likely signed because of his shared connection to Syracuse with Brandon.

The loss today was inexcusable. The mistakes weren't on a rookie quarterback, or a rookie running back fumbling (a la David Wilson of the Giants). They were thanks to an insane number of penalties and ludicrous clock management. Right now, I think Marrone and Hackett are out of their element. I think they will learn, but the type of game we had was horrible. We would have been destroyed if the Pats had Gronk and/or Hernandez.

Fire Brandon.

OH BROTHER, seriously, where's the firing squad!

He hired Marrone, and served (poorly) as G.M. for a year. We may be a winning team if Manuel works out, and I'm cautiously optimistic on that front. I have a feeling we may end up becoming something like the current Detroit Lions, a talented team with a good, but imperfect Q.B. and a coach who occasionally throws games away (Jim Schwartz makes way too many mistakes that cost the team games).

Tell me, what has Brandon done, football-wise, to show that he deserves to continue making football-related decisions? The fact that the Bills spend the off-season at his regional alma mater and the hire of a local coach tell me that Brandon might make decisions with regionalization and his personal relationships sometimes prioritized over simply winning football games.

As to those who have launched ad hominem attacks for daring to criticize the regime (not you), please find a legitimate way to contribute to the discussion. Is it such a stretch to believe that Brandon doesn't make every decision with winning as his top priority?

Perhaps I can be the one to interrupt what must be a really bad trip. You appear to be quite agitated and traumatized by the notion that Brandon is doing "football things" by executing his duties as CEO and President of a professional football team. This slip down the looking glass appears to be exacerbated by the omission of some fantastical, mythical football god who would, in theory, be more adept at doing this "football stuff". Don't look down! Because what you may see lurking down there below the ledge that you have found yourself are these mythical, fantastical "football guys" doing "football stuff" that Brandon has hired to do this "football stuff". They are guys named Nix and Whaley. One is walking away and one is walking straight at you. Do not look him straight in the eye! If you do, he will telekinetically burn a big orange "S" into the dark recesses of your struggling psyche. Be careful out there man. And even though these football dudes are invisible to some, it is rumored that they do indeed, now do the football stuff thinking down there in Orchard Park Wonderland. And just because neither of these invisible wizards hail from the evil kingdom of Syracuse, they still opted to listen when the football community of other football wizards whispered in hushed tones about one very highly acclaimed football coach whom several other football guys sought for their own football kingdoms. If only they had turned an run when they spotted the big orange "S" clouded from their view under that cleverly worn visor. Then we could all just climb back out of the chess board and resume screaming at the other demons that plague our daily hells....

In my opinion, Russ Brandon is the fundamental problem with this organization.

The move shifting him to new "owner" of the Bills was far from a fresh start. I suspect that he has been doing a lot of Ralph's work for years, and "Ralph is cheap" has really been "Russ is cheap."

The man is a marketer, not, I think, a guy whose primary goal is winning Super Bowls. It's too early to say that Marrone is a bad coach- give us a few more games this season where discipline and clock management lose us the game- but I think fans should be extremely concerned about the fact that our head coach was likely signed because of his shared connection to Syracuse with Brandon.

The loss today was inexcusable. The mistakes weren't on a rookie quarterback, or a rookie running back fumbling (a la David Wilson of the Giants). They were thanks to an insane number of penalties and ludicrous clock management. Right now, I think Marrone and Hackett are out of their element. I think they will learn, but the type of game we had was horrible. We would have been destroyed if the Pats had Gronk and/or Hernandez.

Fire Brandon.

Fire everyone...lets start over now!!!! The world is coming to an end

I am so damn tired of you whiny, b***** ass fans. STFU and get over it. It's football. It's a game. If you can't enjoy the journey that it takes to becoming a super bowl winning team, when that moment actually occurs you might find you don't enjoy it as much as you thought you would. STOP COMPLAINING

If this was 2001 I would agree with you, but 13 (or is it 14 now?) years of this stuff, it wears on you.

"Heres the new boss, same as the old boss......."

Edited by peterpan

I enjoyed the game. I still have faith in Marrone and the team, and like Manuel. All I'm saying is the hire likely was made because of personal connections and not, necessarily, as the best available candidate. Does that not concern you?

Your kidding right? If you like the hire why are you complaining about the hire?

So you don't like Marrone, Whaley and EJ?