Marrone - this loss is on you both

BreezeMafia

True but even on his first challenge of the game, new England recovered the football and the man still challenges. I just think he looked a little lost today

The replay showed it was a fumble and even though New England recovered, it would have saved about three yards. Refs got that one wrong.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. It's all on Marrone. He should've converted that 3rd down on that last series, he should've run the play clock and given the ball to Brady with 3 minutes left. That certainly would've been the difference in this game.

Or maybe he could've committed less penalties, I mean seriously, who does he thing he is putting his hands in someones face or jumping offsides on defense.

Oh, and what about the drops, what the hell is up with the drops. Why can't Marrone catch?

And his fumbles! Don't even get me started talking about Marrone's fumbles!!!

His decision to not "slow down" the game was absolutely irrelevant. Implying that it was the reason the Bills lost the game is just ignorant. It shows a complete lack of understanding of football.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

New England has proven time and time again that no lead is safe in the 4th quarter. The Bills needed big plays and TDs to seal the deal. I prefer to watch this team live and die by the sword than to lose hiding behind a tiny ass lead. This is a young team that just took it's first step towards ultra aggressive 21 century football. It is one loss. I am already over it. The fundamental reason they lost was stupid penalties, drops, and ridiculous fumbles. All the cry babies can blame all the superficial s*** they want, but penalties, drops, and turnovers defined the outcome. The players alone own that sad fact. I am ready for the Carolina game.

This.

Marrone / Hackett had to eat clock there... and they kept at it with the hurry-up and took about 30 seconds before the punt.

Inexcusable.

This is the NFL and clock management / killing time in the fourth Q is a proven strategy. Especially with Brady, and especially in crunch time, you've gotta keep him off the field. And there we were going with dumb---- plays that set things up for BB perfectly.

And this is a Pats* team that is at its worst shape in over a decade.

No huddle or not, it doesn't matter if you don't get 1st downs.

It wasn't either one of those guys that dropped the ball on third down and allowed the Pats to come back and win. That was on Stevie. If he catches that ball, the Bills win the game and everybody is happy. He missed two like that today that killed drives. Marrone, Hackett and Pettine did their jobs. Stevie didn't do his. He gets paid to catch the football.

I don't know why anyone thinks Stevie is anything more than a #3 receiver. He's done nothing except in garbage time. He drops the ball in key situations. In the prediction thread I said that the Bills would lose (unfortulately) and a wide-open Stevie would drop a bomb. OK, it wasn't a bomb, just a 7 yeard toss that only hit him in both hands.

Next year they need to draft a real receiver. Try to trade Stevie for a high-round draft pick next year.

Edited by DC Bills Fan

Doug Marrone - welcome to the NFL. Your strategy in the 4th quarter cost the Bills. No one else but you. You played to lose in the 4th quarter. Why don't you watch the Jets who allowed Geno Smith to actual play football

This makes zero sense, sorry.

If you want to make this complaint - apply it to the punt in the first half.

In the fourth quarter you are arguing against yourself - they WERE aggressive and playing to win and the players didn't execute.

I don't know why anyone thinks Stevie is anything more than a #3 receiver. He's done nothing except in garbage time. He drops the ball in key situations. In the prediction thread I said that the Bills would lose (unfortulately) and a wide-open Stevie would drop a bomb. OK, it wasn't a bomb, just a 7 yeard toss that only hit him in both hands.

Next year they need to draft a real receiver. Try to trade Stevie for a high-round draft pick next year.

Beating two DB's for the GO-AHEAD TD is "garbage time"??

Edited by BobChalmers

What were your thoughts on Doug Marrone today? I know it was one game but I was very unimpressed with him. Him and Nathaniel Hackett just looked completely lost out there in my opinion

I thought Marrone & staff called a pretty solid game. The defense clearly had brady frustrated, the offense moved it at times. It is not Marrone's fault that Johnson can't catch a throw that a WR on an average High School football team catches 9 out of 10 times.

Yep, Sammy Watkins from Clemson. Kid is going to be a star. Stevie couldn't even carry Sammy's jock strap. :thumbsup:

Maybe I am the only one but I am not mad about the loss yesterday.

Think about this....

The Patriots needed a last second FG to beat us!

I am proud of the way the team played and think that if a team who is always a Super Bowl contender needed a last second FG to beat us, then we should have a much better season than before

CBF

Maybe I am the only one but I am not mad about the loss yesterday.

Think about this....

The Patriots needed a last second FG to beat us!

I am proud of the way the team played and think that if a team who is always a Super Bowl contender needed a last second FG to beat us, then we should have a much better season than before

CBF

This. I feel pretty good about yesterday, minus the score. The D showed up. Yeah, ther were too many penalties and it cost them the game. That's an experience thing. This team is only going to get better. If they play like yesterday and clean up some of the penalties, this could be the year. I'm calling it now. Barring any major catastrophes, week 17 will be a W.

Doug Marrone - welcome to the NFL. Your strategy in the 4th quarter cost the Bills. No one else but you. You played to lose in the 4th quarter. Why don't you watch the Jets who allowed Geno Smith to actual play football

Many in the national media were predicting a blowout. Yet we had the lead for almost the entire 4th quarter.

Belicheck, Brady et al have been there together a long, long time. They've had many years to implement and refine their schemes. The FO has had many years to acquire the players to run the schemes.

The Bills FO, HC, OC, DC and QB have been together for a matter of months. And yet they took the established Patriots regime down to the last 10 seconds. The defeat was hard to take but this isn't the time for finger pointing.

You're right. It's all on Marrone. He should've converted that 3rd down on that last series, he should've run the play clock and given the ball to Brady with 3 minutes left. That certainly would've been the difference in this game.

Or maybe he could've committed less penalties, I mean seriously, who does he thing he is putting his hands in someones face or jumping offsides on defense.

Oh, and what about the drops, what the hell is up with the drops. Why can't Marrone catch?

And his fumbles! Don't even get me started talking about Marrone's fumbles!!!

His decision to not "slow down" the game was absolutely irrelevant. Implying that it was the reason the Bills lost the game is just ignorant. It shows a complete lack of understanding of football.

I agree with everything here except responsibility for the penalties. The Bills have had issues in the preseason also and he needs to get across to the players that they cannot win with that kind of play. That is on Marrone and his staff, they have to make the commitment during practice to stop those lapses.

Yeah, considering that the Patriots got the ball back with 4:30 left on the clock I'm wondering just how much extra time some of these posters think a slowdown approach would've eaten. Not to mention - suddenly a 1-point lead means it's time to go conservative and milk the clock?

We were conservative, run, run, pass all fourth quarter. Would love to have seen some roll outs or passes on first down, a screen to Fred maybe. We might as well burn the clock if we are going to be predictable. Bellichek is big on situational football. It's like we clearly didn't understand the situation. Edited by VADC Bills

Get educated. You play to win and score points! Go Marrone!!!

Edited by mattsox

This makes zero sense, sorry.

If you want to make this complaint - apply it to the punt in the first half.

In the fourth quarter you are arguing against yourself - they WERE aggressive and playing to win and the players didn't execute.

Beating two DB's for the GO-AHEAD TD is "garbage time"??

OK, occasionally he catches the ball. But most of his stats (granted the Bills have ususally been playing catch-up against prevent defenses) have come in garbage time.

I wonder if he has more big-time drops than big-time catches.