Mario Williams has Plantar Fasciitis too

Alphadawg7

This injury has a full spectrum of manifestation; it might be a big deal, or not. It's lazy hype to do this kind of comparison, even if we could tell how far down the spectrum each player is.

So, to this topic, I offer a big fat So What?

Are you worried Mario can't play, or implying something about Byrd (in yet another thread)? There's nothing here. I say move along, and let's focus on football instead of armchair medical blathering....

Edited by Matt in KC

This injury has a full spectrum of manifestation; it might be a big deal, or not. It's lazy hype to do this kind of comparison, even if we could tell how far down the spectrum each player is.

Are you worried Mario can't play, or implying something about Byrd (in yet another thread)? There's nothing here. I say move along, and let's focus on football instead of armchair medical blathering....

Lol, all I did was post the story that came out this morning. No where in my short post is any comparison of any kind. Where did I compare to Byrd? Where did I say I was worried he won't play? In fact I specifically said he is playing. LOL...it's like some people want to just be a smart ass whenever possible.

My point, as you questioned, was simply to post a story that came out about one of our most important players that was not yet posted. The last thing we need is more injuries or key guys not 100% going into this week, so seems to be a pretty important piece of information to find the morning before the home opener against our division rivals that one of our best players is playing through an injury that could hamper him and linger into the season.

Seriously!? this better not turn into excuse fest, Watt played with an arm brace all year and was DMVP , time for the excuses to end Mario and make plays.

Apparently you missed him getting this looked at a month ago? Lucky we get a fresh round of anger over an old topic! Might've been too happy for football without this getting dug up.

Mario has had a foot issue that held him out of most of camp and I think 3 of the 4 PS games. They said he needed rest for the foot issue, so I not at all surprised that it is PF. Not sure if there are differet levels of it and Byrd's is worse. I presume that Byrd's might be worse at the moment because he was not in camp at all and then his frist day back probably worked on it way too hard which is the worst thing you can do with PF. Oh well, I have to think a lot of guys play with this. Hopefully Byrd is back next week but if he isn't, I suspect it is a contract issue and I am over it. He can say he wants to be here, but he doesn't show it. It may change today when he is at RFS and may start to "miss it". Also, he will not get a trade or the contract he wants unless he plays, and plays well, plain and simple. GO BILLS!

Thank you... well said! This is the kind of thread that rapidly degenerates into nonsense when Pos(t)ers are just trying to antagonize the group

Lol, all I did was post the story that came out this morning. No where in my short post is any comparison of any kind. Where did I compare to Byrd? Where did I say I was worried he won't play? In fact I specifically said he is playing. LOL...it's like some people want to just be a smart ass whenever possible.

My point, as you questioned, was simply to post a story that came out about one of our most important players that was not yet posted. The last thing we need is more injuries or key guys not 100% going into this week, so seems to be a pretty important piece of information to find the morning before the home opener against our division rivals that one of our best players is playing through an injury that could hamper him and linger into the season.

This is old news. I know why NFL.com is posting it: hype and generating clicks. I wondered why you were posting it here.

The comparison was the word "too" in the title.

As I posted: Are you worried Mario can't play, or implying something about Byrd (in yet another thread)?

There's nothing here.

If I hadn't heard this before, it would be worth mentioning. Understanding you hadn't heard this makes it make more sense to me. But now that you know this came out quite awhile ago and the team isn't concerned about it, do you think there's anything left here besides the same old "Byrd's a baby and Mario's not" nonesense that's aready been beaten to death?