Duff's

Beerball

Sorry to all you Duff's aficionados. I just had some medium hot wings, wife had medium wings. The medium looked ok. Wife said they were ok. The medium hot were swimming in sauce. They were soggy. They weren't hot or medium hot. They were very mediocre wings. I called the waitress over and asked her if the wings always came so soggy. She said yes. I asked about my wife's and she said that the hotter you order them the saucier they are. So much for good, hot crispy wings. Extremely disappointing, I've had better in Texas. To get hot wings you make hotter sauce, you don't put more sauce on a wing.

Also got a pitcher of SA Oktoberfest. They need to clean out their lines, yuck.

Bad start to the opener weekend for me.

Where should I go next time?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's still there, but one of the best kept secrets in Rochester is Rohrbachs brewery. Lots of tasty brews and some delicious crispy wings. Prob not worth the drive just for the food unless you have another reason to hit Rochester, but when I lived there this was easily my favorite place for wings and beer. They have some fantastic German food, as well.

I used to live up the street from Duffs and never understood their rep for wings. I used to order Santora's first.

BTW if you were at the Millersport one you could have driven up Bailey and gotten a Bocce's piazza (which you would have had to eat somewhere I guess, but man) I miss that place!

I personally love Duffs and I think 75% of the people you ask would agree but the other 25% actually HATES Duffs.

I don't 'hate' Duff's, i just think their heat levels are dumb. I usually order medium whereever I go, but for them, a medium is hot, so I have to order mild to get medium? No thanks.

Sorry to hear BB. May I ask what Duffs you went to? It seriously makes all the difference honestly.

Even thought Duffs are the best, you still have to know how to order them. I guess everywhere is different.

Personally, I ALWAYS order my wings extra crispy, extra saucy. That way you get all the juiciness of the sauce and a nice crispy wing. Some may not like then so cooked, then just ask for them a little over cooked.

Anyway, sorry yiu had a bad experience there but like I said, it really depends in which one yiu went to. They are popping up all over the place and you really need to go to the right ones.

Sad to say but the cook either makes or breaks a place.

It appears this is the case here.

Yeah... But what happens if you like your wings saucy and soggy. My son loves Duff's just for that reason.

Can't please everyone. Gotta stop trying to please everyone or nobody will be pleased!

Oh... How's it going CGF? Getting ready for Opening Day! :-)

Yeah... But what happens if you like your wings saucy and soggy. My son loves Duff's just for that reason.

Can't please everyone. Gotta stop trying to please everyone or nobody will be pleased!

Oh... How's it going CGF? Getting ready for Opening Day! :-)

Off to McFaddens in Addison Texas to watch the Bills then home

for a few...then for the FIRST TIME EVER I am going to MY

home opener!!! SEC 444...row 27...bought on Stub Hub at $46.00!!

Sorry to all you Duff's aficionados. I just had some medium hot wings, wife had medium wings. The medium looked ok. Wife said they were ok. The medium hot were swimming in sauce. They were soggy. They weren't hot or medium hot. They were very mediocre wings. I called the waitress over and asked her if the wings always came so soggy. She said yes. I asked about my wife's and she said that the hotter you order them the saucier they are. So much for good, hot crispy wings. Extremely disappointing, I've had better in Texas. To get hot wings you make hotter sauce, you don't put more sauce on a wing.

Also got a pitcher of SA Oktoberfest. They need to clean out their lines, yuck.

Bad start to the opener weekend for me.

Where should I go next time?

. Duffs on sheridan

Bar Bill in East Aurora is the spot.

. If you can get in. Different style of wing

I used to live up the street from Duffs and never understood their rep for wings. I used to order Santora's first.

BTW if you were at the Millersport one you could have driven up Bailey and gotten a Bocce's piazza (which you would have had to eat somewhere I guess, but man) I miss that place!

. Santora are small

Love Duffs. Love the bathing in sauce wings. And they are always crispy under the sauce. If you don't like them that way, enjoy your fried chicken.

agree. Ask for crispy!

If you go to the orchard park one and are expecting good wings you will be pissed. The sheridan owner is not thrilled with the op duff's. owned by a canadian

I have found that I don't have to go very far to get very, very good wings. In North Tonawanda; Dwyer's, The Village Inn, Klimek's, and Sawyer Creek all are above average in taste and size.

Edited by Wooderson