OT - A Little Bills Fan With Leukemia

BillsNYC

Hi all - I've been a member here for years, some may remember me pre-kids when I posted a lot more. I started and run the NYC Bills Backers with Billsfanone, the biggest club outside of WNY.

Over the summer my daughter was diagnosed with Infant Leukemia at 9 months of age, its so rare that the world-leading cancer hospital we're at in NYC only treats one case a year. It does not have the same great odds as when diagnosed later in childhood, but she is doing well so far. A bunch of the sites and bloggers for the Bills & Sabres have gotten together and are selling t-shirts for Sally, with proceeds going to her treatment fund. Here is the article where it appeared first: http://www.deargodwh...pportsally.html

Shirts are on sale until Sunday morning. We're also doing fundraisers at the games at McFadden's, as well as a larger fundraiser on 9/14 there. To learn more you can check out www.sweetsallysunshine.com or facebook.com/sweetsallysunshine

Sorry to interupt the pre-kickoff chat, and feel weird posting this, but know we need to ask for help.

Go Bills!

#supportsally

Prayers for you all! As a fellow parent who has lived the "Pediatric ICU" nightmare...your story hits me hard. Sally is a real cutie! Take it step by step and keep fighting!!

since you didn't put it in the post above, I'll 'mention' it for other readers. Direct donations can also be made on the site via credit card or paypal.

Thanks everybody for your words of support. We went on to sell over 200 shirts! My oldest son and I managed to sneak away yesterday and brought him to McFadden's for the first time since he was a baby. Too bad we lost, but the bar had posters of Sally around and a lot of fans came up to offer words of encouragement to Thomas and I. Here's a quick video of him experiencing his first touchdown with other fans:

Thanks everybody for your words of support. We went on to sell over 200 shirts! My oldest son and I managed to sneak away yesterday and brought him to McFadden's for the first time since he was a baby. Too bad we lost, but the bar had posters of Sally around and a lot of fans came up to offer words of encouragement to Thomas and I. Here's a quick video of him experiencing his first touchdown with other fans:

That's awesome. Looking forward to seeing Sally do that same TD dance sometime soon.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

I'm so sorry for this obstacle, and it sounds like your family is close and will fight through it. I'm donating now and thanks guys for providing the link as I was having trouble finding it.

We had my second son in the NICU for over two months when born at 28 weeks and almost lost him and my wife (She was in ICU for 2 weeks). Now he just flew up with me for his first real Bills game at the Ralph last Sunday, and said it was one of the best experiences he's ever had. He made it past some tough challeges as a baby, and my wife finally recovered and is great. It was tough, but miracles happen, and he is now a straight A student at a tough catholic school, football, lacrosse player and so on. My point is God is listening and we'll pray as much as possible for that little angel.

Thank you for sharing, and if you need additional help, TBD is always here for their friends.

Go Bills Sally!