Colts sign Da"rick Rogers to their Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Marrone ever really like him that much. Clearly has more upside than some of those he decided to keep.

He could have easily made our practice squad. We might regret this one.

Might, but odds are against it.

Also- The upside declaration is ridiculous. He doesn't have clear upside if he can't run routes, keep his mind on the game or make the effort every play every down... Desire and attitude factor into potential too. People seem to forget that at lot.

It takes more than being a great athlete. Most of these guys are great athletes. Remember they make huge distinctions between players who cover 40 yards, two or three TENTHS of a second slower or faster than the next guy.

When you are a young franchise in the position that we are in, with new coaches and following years of under-performing you cannot take chances on having a bad egg in the bunch. You need players that buy in to your program. The Colts have won recently, have a different locker room and some establishment in their team. I am fine with this decision, regardless of what happens to Rogers in his career.

When you are a young franchise in the position that we are in, with new coaches and following years of under-performing you cannot take chances on having a bad egg in the bunch. You need players that buy in to your program. The Colts have won recently, have a different locker room and some establishment in their team. I am fine with this decision, regardless of what happens to Rogers in his career.

As an UDFA on the PS player, Rogers wouldn't have had any influence on anyone. I have to assume that Marrone just didn't like the kid.

As an UDFA on the PS player, Rogers wouldn't have had any influence on anyone. I have to assume that Marrone just didn't like the kid.

I think it is as much the message and the attitude at practice that has Marrone concerned. I agree, Marrone did not seem to like him.

Streeter is a better Rogers.

Streeter is intriguing. I don't know that he has the athleticism of Rogers but he is big and they could use some bigger targets. He was wasted in all the turmoil at The U. Unfortunately for us 'Canes fans there has been too much of that the past decade. Jimmy Graham sees more passes in one game in NO than he saw the entire year in his season at The U.

Not necessarily. It could be that he likes him a lot. Which is why he cut him. Years ago, Cris Carter had many issues during his time in Philadelphia. Buddy Ryan eventually cut him from the Eagles. Ryan said he loved Cris Carter and he did it to try to get him to wake up and turn his life around. Sometimes the people who like you the most will give you the tough love you don't want. Hopefully DR will do well with his new opportunity.

Not necessarily. It could be that he likes him a lot. Which is why he cut him. Years ago, Cris Carter had many issues during his time in Philadelphia. Buddy Ryan eventually cut him from the Eagles. Ryan said he loved Cris Carter and he did it to try to get him to wake up and turn his life around. Sometimes the people who like you the most will give you the tough love you don't want. Hopefully DR will do well with his new opportunity.

Maybe. It's also possible they wanted to sign him to the PS, but he chose to go to the Colts.