The Bills have a very Inexperienced Roster

Dan

They look like an expansion team with the rookie coaches and QBs and skills players. Not all bad; the WRs have great potential, the QB looks like a winner, etc etc., but this is a ground start regrettably. So another season of lots of losses but the physical limitations of the roster seems largely to be gone. Need the young guys to stay/get healthy and get lots of reps this season. We need to continue to be patient. OBD blew the whole thing up this past off season and this is what happens when you blow the whole thing up.

Frankly, Marrone almost has to be the final coach under Ralph's ownership. By definition he is building the team for the next coach, who will undoubtedly be chosen by the new owner. You think this thing got blown up last season, just wait until someone pays $800m for the franchise.

It's silly to think that the preseason matters as much as you think. The reason we haven't played like we did the first two games is firstly due to injuries, and second to disguising our actual playbook. There's no reason to over expose game strategy in meaningless games and risk further injury. Everyone needs to just step down for a minute and relax. Judge our gameplan based on the first few games, not the preseason.

And sure there isn't much experience on the team. But since when is that a bad thing? It's a new system with new FO and coaching staff. Young players are more malleable and don't have other systems in mind to distract them. It's here and only here. Experienced players won't necessarily adhere to the system the same way and with similar vigor thereby lessening the impact of our new gameplan.

Just relax guys, come on. You may have speculations about the season due to injuries and lack of experience, and that's fine. But let's not use the preseason results to justify them. Considering the last game was entirely scrubs who were almost all cut anyway.

O-Line=good. Ok but lack of depth is a concern

QB=unknown, possibly very good

RB's=very good Excellent

TE=pretty good ok but limited

WR's=pretty good almost no experience after Stevie

OC=unknown

Defensively

Front 3/4=pretty darn good (maybe)

LB's=average but I think improved over last year (maybe average and that would be a big improvement)

Defensive secondary=Pretty Bad (yup, two good players and the rest look poor)

DC=pretty good

The team has some talent, albeit young but if they can coach these guys I think we can compete. With the loss of Gilmore though, I think this is a much bigger issue than folks realize. Pettine's initial schemes count on Gilmore being in there. We'll see how Coach Pettine responds to this "adversity". Our secondary is a major major concern IMHO. Only way we have a shot against NE is time of possession=won, and pressure galore on Brady if at all possible.

Agree on your comments for the NE game.

We need lots of yard from Spiller and lots of pressure from the DL to make up for many weaknesses.

That means that there is little to no tape on these guys. Makes it harder to game plan.

What's to game plan?

Pats defensive game plan: Stop Spiller (8 in box) and make the offense throw

Pat's offensive game plan: Protect Brady (stop edge rush) and pick apart the substandard secondary and LB's.

Pat's Special Team: Do not do anything stupid

Inexperience is only a problem if the players are making mistakes. If you have young, inexperienced players that are more talented than your opponent it comes down to who makes the mistakes.

I see this as being a very up and down season. An emotional roller coaster if you will. I'd expect them to win some games that we didn't think they would and lose others that they shouldn't. My biggest concern with the younger guys is that the NFL season is a LOT longer than the college season and it's common for first year players to get worn down late in the season.

There is that. Penalties are another thing that young players tend to do. I think Maronne's got his hands full in that respect. Though they do seem to listen and respond to him and the coaches. Maybe he needs to have a serious talk with the men about it.

Agree on your comments for the NE game.

We need lots of yard from Spiller and lots of pressure from the DL to make up for many weaknesses.

What's to game plan?

Pats defensive game plan: Stop Spiller (8 in box) and make the offense throw

Pat's offensive game plan: Protect Brady (stop edge rush) and pick apart the substandard secondary and LB's.

Pat's Special Team: Do not do anything stupid

If that's the plan, we have 'em right where we want the 'em.

It's an odd youth movement that has veterans starting at all the o line positions, all theRB slots, TE, & two of the WR spots. On defense, tackles & ends are all veterans, starting LBs other than Alonso are vets & the secondary includes Byrd, Williams & McKelvin with Gilmore due back in about a month. As to the FO, Brandon has effectively been running the team for years, Whaley was being trained for the job for years (and both are veteran Bills, not newbies), the HC was a college HC as recently as last season, the DC was doing the same job last year in the NFL, and many of the coaches are well-experienced former NFL players. All in all, hardly a band of neophytes; all in all, a pretty seasoned bunch; all in all, hardly worth getting all "het up" over.

They may be short on experience, but let's hope the youth translates in a way that prevents the spiraling dumpster fires we saw last season. Anyone remember how painful that first Jets game was, or the back to back nightmares of the second half Pats game and the San Fran game. The degree of quit in those games was embarrassing. Hopefully the youth movement has purged that. We have an OC that is full of enthusiasm, a DC that I'm sure already has a healthy amount of hatred for the Pats*, and a head coach who told one of the members of the board to look forward to a war against NE*. Even if they're ultimately outmanned, I expect them to at least go down swinging this season.