Thad Lewis - former Bills QB

I just cant believe how easy people here prostitute themselves so quickly to a player. Last year we won the SB in pre season because we signed Mario. Now Thad throws one td and no interceptions and he is crowned a champion. What gives. Yes he had only two days to learn it and for that reason I put him at third. If EJ cant play week 1 it is Jeff in my oppinion

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cant believe how easy people here prostitute themselves so quickly to a player. Last year we won the SB in pre season because we signed Mario. Now Thad throws one td and no interceptions and he is crowned a champion. What gives. Yes he had only two days to learn it and for that reason I put him at third. If EJ cant play week 1 it is Jeff in my oppinion

I think the whole idea is to see what kind of talent and skills they bring to Hackett's offense. There's no way either Leinart or Lewis would be expected to know the offense in less than a week and run it in a game situation. My guess is that the coaches just want to see what they brought to the table. We're not looking for the next Jim Kelly right now, just enough for someone to hold the clipboard and/or compete with Tuel for 2nd string.

I didn't see any of the game, but Leinart's lack of mobility and arm strength can't help his cause here.

I agree, Lewis should be QB 3. If E.J. isn't ready week one, it's Tuel to start and Lewis as backup. Leinart gets cut IMO.

I watched the game, came close to sticking a hot poker in my eyes, but I don't have a poker. I'm not defending Leinart but he was sitting on his couch two days ago, Lewis was at least practicing, albeit with the Lions.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. I think if the cut two it means EJ is starting.

Lets not put the cart in front of the horse. The only thing Lewis did last night is earn the spot to backup Tuel in the opener. Doesn't mean he is good, but just the best option at this time. Remember he was a long shot to make the Lions roster for a reason.

Someone in the national media said it (I can't recall whom), I was also thinking it, and I believe we saw it last night: The advantage of Lewis over Lienart is his athleticism and ability to move/run. They're about equal in passing ability (and neither one was that good), but with the state of this team, and the lack of time to learn the full offense, the new backup QB who can run and make things happen with his feet is more valuable than the immobile one.

It has to be Lewis.

Well, I was at the game, saw the results and the stats. But, I have to say, Leinart has a better arm than anybody on the team right now. Buffalo has not had an arm that can throw the long pass like leinart in a long time. The throw to Goodwin when he got hurt was better than anything a Bills QB has thrown in 5 years, at least. Having said that, I don't know what Marrone will do. I, myself, would keep Leinart. Lewis is cheaper, and it might carry the day....but, he can't roll left effectively....right roll only. And, comparted to Leinart, he has a pop gun arm. Oh well

Someone in the national media said it (I can't recall whom), I was also thinking it, and I believe we saw it last night: The advantage of Lewis over Lienart is his athleticism and ability to move/run. They're about equal in passing ability (and neither one was that good), but with the state of this team, and the lack of time to learn the full offense, the new backup QB who can run and make things happen with his feet is more valuable than the immobile one.

It has to be Lewis.

also may better match our system over the long haul

For me there's little left to discuss. It's EJ, Tuel, Lewis, in order. Done.

Is there a reason I should be concerned with have the TOTAL amount of NFL QB experience be the couple of games that Lewis has played? While I agree that these 3 are probably the best 3 talent wise, I really hate not having any NFL experience at the QB position. The Skins went with two rookie QB's as #1 & #2 last year and it did not hurt them, but they did have a very experienced 3rd stringer to provide some insights only gained thru experience.

What about Tuel Time? Are we throwing Teul unde the bus already?

I don't understand the animosity towards a QB with over a 100 rating in the pre-season who NEVER turned the ball over. The Washington game was a disaster, but he completed a pass that SJ fumbled. The running game was non-existent as Choice and Jackson look well over the hill. I'd rather go against the Pats with Tuel, who has had the entire off season to grasp the offense, the WR's, and will have Spiller as his RB, not Jackson or Choice. BTW, we need another RB.

Is there a reason I should be concerned with have the TOTAL amount of NFL QB experience be the couple of games that Lewis has played? While I agree that these 3 are probably the best 3 talent wise, I really hate not having any NFL experience at the QB position. The Skins went with two rookie QB's as #1 & #2 last year and it did not hurt them, but they did have a very experienced 3rd stringer to provide some insights only gained thru experience.

Then cut Kolb and Linehart and bring in Batch!

****, If Manual can't go next week Lewis should start.

I would start Tuel and if he cant get anything going then put in Lewis... Tuel knows the players more then Lewis; and against the pats, your going to need it.

What about Tuel Time? Are we throwing Teul unde the bus already?

Tuel is still the backup.

The injuries, the uncertainty, and the play on the field have already pushed me to the point where I'm saying "what have we really got to lose?"

If EJ was any other sort of person, besides the one he clearly is, I'd say this was a concern. EJ is EJ, so it is not.

If we are starting over, then, let's start over. I wonder if we are treading close to "those who can't do: teach" thing here with this "need a vet QB". It'd be one thing if Kurt Warner, or somebody with a winning record, but on the downside of his career, was available, and was interested in being a backup here.

Who is that player? I don't know of one that is available. Example: The Colts have Matt Hasslebeck.