The SJF curse

No, it's Flutie, and after how he was treated at the end, this franchise deserves it. Who sits their starting QB in the play-offs? One of the great mysteries of all time.

PLEASE... he didn't produce when the defense HANDED him a game to win by producing just a little. We had a Top Three defense, and he didn't do crap like Brad Johnson did with the Buccaneers. That says a lot.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's Flutie, and after how he was treated at the end, this franchise deserves it. Who sits their starting QB in the play-offs? One of the great mysteries of all time.

Flutie was a short Trent Dilfer. A schiiity quarterback that benefited from a great defense.

Add in he was an egomaniac, locker room cancer and shameless self promoter.

The only curse was that they embarrassingly had to start him as a pro QB

Booooooooooooooooo

I agree that SJF is the problem, but not sure that Fredonia is the solution. After all, we never actually won a Super Bowl during those years either. But either way, !@#$ Flutie.

The Bills have not made the playoffs since they left the quaint surroundings of Fredonia and a state university to "regionalize" the franchise and move East to Rochester. Thanks, Russ Brandon. Thanks for ticketed night practices. Thanks for ripping this team from the heart of WNY.

Rochester is just as much the "heart of WNY" as Buffalo! And find me someone who can make a cognizant argument for Fredonia being more "quaint" than Pittsford!

The curse is eternal... and it's coming from that indian burial ground in the bills parking lot.

Johnson did not lose us that game.. He drove us down field and led us to Game "winning" FG... I cant even mention the "play" that ruined us, cuz i broke my hand that day punching through a wall in my parents house.. I was 20!

I had a game the next friday and played with 1 hand taped in ace bandage and scored 2 TD's as WR, 1 on a reverse tho! went to hospital AFTER game and had boxers fracture in my hand!!

We were just in WNY so my daughter could visit colleges. We went to Fredonia and SJFC. Sorry, SJFC was nicer...plus the Bills are paying to renovate the athletic building/department before next training camp (and put in a new turf). As someone whose daughter will be playing sports in college, the nice facilities are a plus. Thanks Bills. Stay in Pittsford!! As someone mentioned, Pittsford was/is a lot nicer too. Curse? Bah.

It's the curse of "cap jail hell" or more appropriately the curse of "avoiding cap jail hell" only old timers will remember how the Bills management was adamant that they would avoid the up and down nature of paying top players and then having to tear down and rebuild the team when the cap became too constraining - well the Bills management has done it, they have avoided the up and down settling in the very stable 6-10 to 8-8 range.

The source of the curse?

It's not Flutie - he played during the first season of the Bills' current putrid streak.

It's not Wade. He coached that same season.

The Bills have not made the playoffs since they left the quaint surroundings of Fredonia and a state university to "regionalize" the franchise and move East to Rochester. Thanks, Russ Brandon. Thanks for ticketed night practices. Thanks for ripping this team from the heart of WNY.

I have nothing against my Rochester brethren, but you cannot dispute a fact.

We're done here.

Bills back in Fredonia. Car bombs at BJs. Super Bowl. Mark it.

The Bills suck. Get over it... It's a horrible franchise that roughly had about 10 good years out of 50+ years of existence. Bad franchises are bad!

Perhaps it has something to do with SJBF because his initials are so close....

Holy Crap !! He's been hiding in plain sight all these years!!

I cant believe we fell for it.

And I bet that, when everything comes out, it was SJBF who was secretly behind the famous "Kill Billy the Buffalo" movement. Clever, sir.