Da'rick Rogers cleared waivers

Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Free Agent

(8/28/2013 12:32pm et)

Former Buffalo Bills WR Da'Rick Rogers cleared waivers Wednesday, Aug. 28, and is now an unrestricted free-agent. He can be signed to the practice squad any time after 6pm ET Saturday, Aug. 31, once the 53-man rosters are set.

So do the Bills sign him to the practice squad ?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Free Agent

(8/28/2013 12:32pm et)

Former Buffalo Bills WR Da'Rick Rogers cleared waivers Wednesday, Aug. 28, and is now an unrestricted free-agent. He can be signed to the practice squad any time after 6pm ET Saturday, Aug. 31, once the 53-man rosters are set.

So do the Bills sign him to the practice squad ?

YES

Doubtful he gets signed to the PS, given they didn't hold onto him longer. But stranger things have happened, I suppose. I'd be surprised though.

Somebody posted this in another thread, but that fumble return for a TD by the Colts where he just stood and watched and offered no pursuit at all, must have pissed off his coaches. Big time. It's shocking how much that stands out when you are going over the tape in meeting rooms. Couple that with his reported mental lapses in practice and I don't think Rogers adds up to Marrone's kind of player.

GO BILLS!!!

I think the Bills (either Marrone, Whaley, or the WR coach) went to Da'Rick and told him he isn't ready, but if he clears waivers and wants to come back to learn how to be a pro they will sign him to the PS. Those guys get to practice with the team all year.

I have no basis for this; just my gut.

No question.

I bet he signs with a team before that though.

Also, if more than one team wants to sign him to their practice squad, he can choose the team right?

CBF

He's an unrestricted free agent. He can sign with anyone who will have him, full team or practice squad.

No question.

I bet he signs with a team before that though.

Also, if more than one team wants to sign him to their practice squad, he can choose the team right?

CBF

Yeah, usually comes down to highest bidder

I think the Bills (either Marrone, Whaley, or the WR coach) went to Da'Rick and told him he isn't ready, but if he clears waivers and wants to come back to learn how to be a pro they will sign him to the PS. Those guys get to practice with the team all year.

I have no basis for this; just my gut.

I 100% agree with you.

The better question is: Why would we?

To have him in the stable in case a player goes down. To develop him in-house. So a team in our division hungry for a wide receiver doesn't gobble him up. So we don't have to watch him become a superstar elsewhere.

I realize that the likelihood of him becoming a star is low now, that this some serious writing on the wall. But all of this is based on speculation. So !@#$ it. Who gives a ****?

To have him in the stable in case a player goes down. To develop him in-house. So a team in our division hungry for a wide receiver doesn't gobble him up. So we don't have to watch him become a superstar elsewhere.

I realize that the likelihood of him becoming a star is low now, that this some serious writing on the wall. But all of this is based on speculation. So !@#$ it. Who gives a ****?

he will end up on some PS. he has not donned his last NFL jersey.

Well, didn't all the teams in our division hungry for a WR just pass on the chance to gobble him up? Sure, with injuries, anything can happen and teams become needy. And I could see the Bills perhaps reaching out to him if that happens to them. But the tape of him totally giving up on a play is out there for everyone to see. Da'Rick just didn't do a good job of helping himself up to this point.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, didn't all the teams in our division hungry for a WR just pass on the chance to gobble him up? Sure, with injuries, anything can happen and teams become needy. And I could see the Bills perhaps reaching out to him if that happens to them. But the tape of him totally giving up on a play is out there for everyone to see. Da'Rick just didn't do a good job of helping himself up to this point.

GO BILLS!!!

True, but they're trying to trim their rosters now too. I meant more in the event 6-10 weeks from now when their guys might get injured too. I don't know. All of this is inside baseball. And all of us are talking out our asses. I'd like to maintain hope he'll blossom into a homegrown star. But if that's not the case, so be it.

You would think if they were hoping to sign him the practice squad they would wait until the final round of cuts. I think the Bill's are done with him IMO

Not necessarily. Jason Peters was handled the same way, although he was doing a position switch which may have allowed the Bills the cover to sneak him onto the PS...

Yeah, usually comes down to highest bidder

Actually, no. It generally comes down to opportunity. Which roster might have injuries and/or opportunities for a practice squad guy? That's the biggest part unless there is a HUGE difference in pay (which generally isn't the case).