What are your Bills gameday superstitions?

YoloinOhio

I am highly supertitious when it comes to sports. I live out of town and if I am following the Bills game online on, say, the ESPN app, and they score, I will keep using that app until something negative happens and I'll switch to CBS sports. If I DVR the game when it is on and they lose, I won't DVR the next time. I have issues. Even down to the kind of beer I drink during the game, where I sit, what I wear, it goes on an on. I think I get this from my dad. I also won't draft any Bills to my FF team because if they have a bad game, it just a double dose of pain. I prefer to jinx players from other teams. Conventional wisdom would tell me that due to the last 13 years of suckiness, I should bag anything I have ever done. Anyway, does anyone else have these quirks and what do you do?

I am highly supertitious when it comes to sports. I live out of town and if I am following the Bills game online on, say, the ESPN app, and they score, I will keep using that app until something negative happens and I'll switch to CBS sports. If I DVR the game when it is on and they lose, I won't DVR the next time. I have issues. Even down to the kind of beer I drink during the game, where I sit, what I wear, it goes on an on. I think I get this from my dad. I also won't draft any Bills to my FF team because if they have a bad game, it just a double dose of pain. I prefer to jinx players from other teams. Conventional wisdom would tell me that due to the last 13 years of suckiness, I should bag anything I have ever done. Anyway, does anyone else have these quirks and what do you do?

Very funny

It seems when I miss or am not watching any part of a Bills game, they do well.

Whenever I watch the Bills they seem to suck.

I just cant not watch them

CBF

Please don't...

I used to be that way also. If I got a little too saucy (intoxicated off alcohol), we wouldn't do good and I would put my beer down for 30 minutes til I sobered up a bit then the team would do good. Until of course they turn the ball over then I start to drink again...

No such feelings of superstition anymore... Oh except for that my friend Space isn't EVER allowed to come to my house to watch the Bills game cuz every time he does, we lose... Other than that I'm ok. No really I'm fine...

Nothing I've done for the past thirteen years has worked, so I'd have to say I have no Bills superstitions.

Same here. back when we were good I was obviously younger and very superstitious. Even through the early to mid 2000's I wouldn't say I was superstitious but certainly had my Bills game day habits. But I've grown dull to them all. Perhaps its also a getting older thing. I still watch every down of every game but it's been so long since we've played an important game I no longer have that same feeling of connection with the outcome. Not that we do affect the outcome, but the feeling we don't want to mess things up. I love my Bills though. And I suffer and drink with all of you Sundays through January.

Every time I go to a Bills game, they lose in some sort of horrific manner.

Therefore, I will stop going to Bills games. :(

I used to have a superstition that worked. But it's beyond childish and very stupid.

I used to sing hoping for the opposite to happen. "The bills are the stupidest team in the world." I would add names too. "Jim Kelly is the dumbest qb in the world" Stuff like that.

But it worked. It was kind of acceptable because if Jim threw an int, he would be dumb. Therefore name calling him at that point would be ok. Now if he threw a td, then my jinx was working. I kind of felt retarded doing it, that's why I stopped. Oh and I think I matured.

It was a stupid way of watching tv. Oh well. I was little kid.

Ps. I have never seen the bills win live either. I have seen them 4 or 5 times live.