Spiller Update

Luvbills

Union County, FL mass shooting linked to step-grandfather of #Bills RB CJ Spiller. Hubert Allen, Jr. shot and killed 3 people and injured 2 more before returning to his home and killing himself. Details coming into our newsroom from our Gainesville affiliate WCJB. We have details as they come in.

Tried to change title...any better>

#UPDATE: Three people dead, two injured in mass shooting by step-grandfather of #Bills RB CJ Spiller. Hubert Allen, Jr. went to the office of his former employer, then to his former employer's farm, killing two people and injuring two people. He then returned home and shot himself.

I have a step grandfather....my grandma remarried...I call him Grandpa as I never knew my real grandfather...it's not that uncommon these days

Reports are CJ had a close relationship with this person. Sad situation. I assume CJ was unaware as news broke right around kickoff.

Edited by FluffHead

STEP-grandpa ? Prob doesn't even know the guy

According to Tim Graham who says he's been writing a feature on Spiller, his grandma was a key influence in CJ's life. This man is her husband. Reportedly Spiller slept in their home during the school year as his mom worked nights. His father wasn't around, so his grandma's husband may have been the closest to a father figure he had.

On the other hand, this sort of thing seldom shows up without precursors so perhaps it was a known bad situation.