Did ANY player help themselves yesterday?

cage

I'm stuck on thinking of a name..... I can't think of a single player to say something positive about from yesterday

Kolb... toast

Tuel... not ready for primetime

A. William... burnt toast on several plays

Running game.... nothing

Special teams... fumble, big returns allowed, no good returns

Pass protection... terrible

Penalties... drive killing

Even Gilmore... dropped interception and poor coverage

Stevie.... wasn't even hit when he started fumbling

Tight Ends... invisible

Pass rush.... generally poor

Run defense.... Gailey-ish

did I miss anything?

I thought our pass blocking was decent but or run blocking was bad. Those out there who feel that you can get guards off of some scrap heap need to re-think that. Why were our corners and safeties held so far back of the los? Cut Kolb immediately. Team management, (talking to you Whaley), messed up by cutting Fitz and signing Kolb. What did you save, about 1.5 mil? What is Alan Branch doing on this team and why did you pay him a signing bonus Mr. Whaley?

Mr. Marrone, why are you using C.J. as if he were a battering ram in goal line situations? Why did you put him back into the game after his injury? Did you watch the N.E/Detroit game? Get C.J. out in space. Use one of your 230 pounders to run the middle from 4 yards out. It's been one week since E.J.'s surgery. Why have you not given us an update or some kind of prognosis? You're beginning to look like a pretty good college coach.

this game almost seemed like a "let's bring 'em back down to earth moment". hopefully these guys will be putting everything they have into this next week of practice and the final preseason game. i would really like to see them bounce back next week in the attitude/performance/body language department.

as far as anybody really helping their case, i really can't say. it seems like the guys all had very pedestrian, uninspired, looking-way-up-at-mediocre afternoons.

Edited by swnybillsfan

I thought our pass blocking was decent but or run blocking was bad. Those out there who feel that you can get guards off of some scrap heap need to re-think that. Why were our corners and safeties held so far back of the los? Cut Kolb immediately. Team management, (talking to you Whaley), messed up by cutting Fitz and signing Kolb. What did you save, about 1.5 mil? What is Alan Branch doing on this team and why did you pay him a signing bonus Mr. Whaley?

Mr. Marrone, why are you using C.J. as if he were a battering ram in goal line situations? Why did you put him back into the game after his injury? Did you watch the N.E/Detroit game? Get C.J. out in space. Use one of your 230 pounders to run the middle from 4 yards out. It's been one week since E.J.'s surgery. Why have you not given us an update or some kind of prognosis? You're beginning to look like a pretty good college coach.

Putting Spiller in as "battling ram" at goaline was to show he's not just gonna be our RB between 20's and backing up Hackett's statement.. they are hell bent on CJ being FULL time back. Hopefully he stays healthy.. He will post Madden type numbers in this O

Putting Spiller in as "battling ram" at goaline was to show he's not just gonna be our RB between 20's and backing up Hackett's statement.. they are hell bent on CJ being FULL time back. Hopefully he stays healthy.. He will post Madden type numbers in this O

Or, he and the rest of the offense will watch the defense get pushed around on wheels 75% of games. :ph34r:

Pass rush was fine. If they had gotten any sort of remotely decent coverage in the secondary it would've looked even better. Washington didn't blow many assignments on blitzes so it took two or three of seconds for the rushers to get to the QB. That's all their receivers needed to get wide open.

Pass protection wasn't that bad either. Kolb made it look bad by continuously panicking during all pass plays.

Running game was bad. Spiller made some plays on his own early but the other less talented players were stonewalled. Absolutely no holes.

Run defense was terrible. No penetration. DL got pushed back. Cutback lanes were wide open. Poor tackling. The gamut really.

All in all it looked VERY similar to last year's team except with worse QB play.