Bills bringing in Leinart, Beck for tryouts

Listerning last night's game, I'm sure I heard the commentators say that, if Jeff Tuel was injured, the Bills would have to call on Brad Smith or Fred Jackson to stand in as QB. Smith I could understand - but Fred? I'm not suggesting Fred is a serous candidate but why would he be mentioned? Has he played there before?

Because your emergency qbs are backs and receivers. If reduced to running the wildcat, brad smith would be option one, and our vet backup RB #2 - who else would you expect on the list if we got to qb5 mid game?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Crap. Has it already been that long? Look, for those of you little turdballs that are too young to remember Slim Pickens, just rent/stream/high-colonic (or whatever it is you do these days, you little cretins) two filims.

Dr. Strangelove (or How I learned to stop worrying and learned to love the Bomb);

and

Blazing Saddles

I'm the world's single biggest fan of Blazing Saddles, okay? My big movie date with Lisa (no, didn't get lucky, f-ing relax) was simply memorable in 1974 at its screening in Rochester.

But nothing - NOTHING - can beat "Dr. Strangelove".

Quick trivia question. What were the names of the nukes that were "saddled up"? Don't Google it!

Let's not forget "Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid."

Because your emergency qbs are backs and receivers. If reduced to running the wildcat, brad smith would be option one, and our vet backup RB #2 - who else would you expect on the list if we got to qb5 mid game?

Marrone did say they have plans for Brad Smith and...FJ!!!

Or it is an indication that they'd like to get their WRs some work the last week of pre-season, and last game of the preseason, without burning out the arm of the only healthy QB on the team... Look at the names they're bringing in. They're nothing more than warm bodies. I think the NFL would frown on rolling an actual Jugs machine onto the field Thursday, so instead they're looking to sign the equivalent.

Exactly - Marrone said as much. I don't think they expect either Beck or Leinart to replace Kolb, just to have someone to throw balls...

We just need to pray that EJ comes back by week one. I doubt that a concussion will keep Kolb out two weeks.

Or it is an indication that they'd like to get their WRs some work the last week of pre-season, and last game of the preseason, without burning out the arm of the only healthy QB on the team... Look at the names they're bringing in. They're nothing more than warm bodies. I think the NFL would frown on rolling an actual Jugs machine onto the field Thursday, so instead they're looking to sign the equivalent.

if you wanna get your WR's some work and your worried about burning out the arm of your QB's, they make a nice machine for that.

http://jugssports.com/productdetail.aspx?id=626

Edited by papazoid

I would rather take my lumps with Manuel and Tuel, but I know what you are saying AJ

I guess it must have been Buddy who wanted Harrell when we tried to steal him off the Packers PS last year...now the guy is sitting there for the taking and we sign Leinart? I dont get it.

I guess it must have been Buddy who wanted Harrell when we tried to steal him off the Packers PS last year...now the guy is sitting there for the taking and we sign Leinart? I dont get it.

Only thing I can think of, is that they don't want three unproven QBs on the roster. Even Washington had Grossman, as the third QB behind RG III and Cousins last year.

Only thing I can think of, is that they don't want three unproven QBs on the roster. Even Washington had Grossman, as the third QB behind RG III and Cousins last year.

Leinart is proven in the wrong direction though :lol: