EJ not ruled out for wk 1, Tuel competing for starting spot

EJ is already back at training camp, but he's not participating obviously. And I heard he doesn't need crutches. Both are great signs and tell me the procedure was truly minor, and likely just a joint aspiration.

I agree with this.

It wouldn't be shocked if he is participating in individual drills and maybe some 7 on 7 reps by Thursday or Friday.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pure BS. EJ will not start and you can't start a rookie week 1 against NE after he sits for over 2 weeks. Kolb sucks and I am sick of him having apologists on this board already. He is an adopt a Bill, or a Rent a Bill this guy wasn't drafted by us and has been a bust everywhere he has went. But already we have people thinking this clown should start. Christ folks and you wonder why Buffalo has sucked for so long

Huh ?

San Jose, let me see if I can help you out a little bit. You can rule Manual out for the season opener. He just had an operation TODAY! He needs two weeks MINIMUM to just to heal. Even if he heals that fast, how can they get him in shape and also mentally ready to start the opening game? He's a rookie learning a new system it's not like he's a ten year vet and knows the offense inside and out. I would say it's safe to assume the earliest he would be able to start a game would be the 3rd game of the regular season. Let's be realistic.

Funny...the team hasn't ruled him out for the opener.

Thanks for the misinformation though "expert"

These two news items are each significant enough to have their own topic.

I admire everyone's discipline in not starting new topics but these are both pretty huge news items in the Bills Nation.

Mods merge if you deem necessary.

According to Buffalo Bills.com, EJ Manuel has not been ruled out for the season opener against New England:

http://www.buffalobi...=tw_buf_article

According to Buffalo News writer Jay Skurski, Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone says that Jeff Tuel will be given the opportunity to compete for the starting QB position:

https://twitter.com/...106439899316225

Again what happens if Tuel comes in & just lights it up & has the O down & is winning games ?

Could this be 1 of 2 scenario's being

Johnson :sick: / Flutie :thumbsup: ???

Bledsoe :thumbsup: / Brady :worthy: ???

I ain't sayin but i'm just saying !!!! :doh:

I love all the poster on here (especially guys like Expert) that have no idea more than any of us.

-Even the Bills didnt rule him out for game 1 against the Pats.

-Marrone stressed that this was a "Very, Very minor proceeduce"

-biggest point to take from this is, if the following 2 things happen then EJ will start against the Pats in week 1:

1. EJ is healthy, has already had about a weeks worth of practice

2. Kolb doesn't look very good, and even though EJ has missed a few weeks, and is still just an inexperienced rookie, he still looks better than Kolb.

Both of these scenarios are very likely. Not just possible. The only thing that changes all this is if Kolb looks great in his time over the next 2 week, or EJ hasn't made it back healthy yet.

Either way, the arguments are dumber than a box of rocks.

I say Start Kolb in DC. He really was rusty at the beginning and did show. He needs to play well if he starts.

Give Tuel the start in the 2nd half. This will give him a chance to play with the starting O-line at least at the beginning of the 2nd half.

I think Tuel has a better grasp of the Offence IMO. But Kolb needs one more chance . To be fair....even tho he reminded me of Fitz a couple of times and we don't want to see Fitz 2.0 in Kolb

And still should be, because it's not, and Tuel's not getting a chance barring another injury.

"I want him (Jeff) to compete to be the starting quarterback" - Doug Marrone

If he is lying, that's on him, not me.

Did you read the actual quote? He says every player at every position is competing for the starting spot, not just Tuel.

It's coach speak.

Edit: According to Marrones actual quote from the press conference, Torell Troupe is in a competition for a starting spot.

Yes I did.

I read that.

Coach Speak is what your labeling it. Doug himself says he is a straight shooter.

Yes I did.

I read that.

Coach Speak is what your labeling it. Doug himself says he is a straight shooter.

Well, then Kendall Gaskins is competing with CJ Spiller for the #1 RB job. It's an open competition, and Gaskins won't get a chance to play with the starters, but let the best man win.

Yes I did.

I read that.

As opposed to saying what, though? "Tuel?!? Are you !@#$ing kidding me?! He's only played against the worst defenses. Be real."

He is a straight shooter. That doesn't mean he isn't going to use coach speak. He's a coach.

Kolb and Tuel could be fighting for number 2. If EJ can't play, number 2 becomes the starter. It's coach speak.

As opposed to saying what, though? "Tuel?!? Are you !@#$ing kidding me?! He's only played against the worst defenses. Be real."

He is a straight shooter. That doesn't mean he isn't going to use coach speak. He's a coach.

Kolb and Tuel could be fighting for number 2. If EJ can't play, number 2 becomes the starter. It's coach speak.

As opposed to saying "Tuel is a great addition to the team but the current competition is between Kolb and EJ". That's not difficult.

Coach Speak is another way of saying "lying". I don't see Marrone being that guy.

But maybe he is.

Well, then Kendall Gaskins is competing with CJ Spiller for the #1 RB job. It's an open competition, and Gaskins won't get a chance to play with the starters, but let the best man win.

Did Marrone say the RB position was an open competition? I didn't see that.

As opposed to saying "Tuel is a great addition to the team but the current competition is between Kolb and EJ". That's not difficult.

Coach Speak is another way of saying "lying". I don't see Marrone being that guy.

But maybe he is.

In the part you said that you read, Marrone said that he tells the entire team, every player at every position, to expect to compete to be a starter and that is the case with Tuel competing to be the starter.

Hmmm who should we start against the Pats. The QB that beat them at Foxboro last year or the UDFA who looked bad against camp fodder last week???

That QB didn't beat the Pats last year. That QBs defense did.

PTR

I dont know how you could conclude from what Marone said that Tuel was actually in the hunt for the starting job. I didn't get that at all.

Maybe Tuel is in the hunt to start the Lions game?

The RB position has two established veterans. The QB position was wide open at the start of the year. I'm pretty sure DM means every player had to fight for their job. CJ is playing like a starter.

PTR