EJ hurt knee according to BB.com

23000+ posts? You're lying to yourself.

Once again have you noticed this forum, which is the only one dedicated to the Bills, is only one of dozens here at TSW? The number of posts I have here in this thread probably exceeds the total number I've posted on TSW in the past two years.

Oh and your post would have had a bit better effect if you had said nearly 24,000 posts. Because I'm assuming by the time I'm done here it will be well beyond 24,000 by the time I get done saying hello to eveyone here that's going to call me an !@#$.

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again have you noticed this forum, which is the only one dedicated to the Bills, is only one of dozens here at TSW? The number of posts I have here in this thread probably exceeds the total number I've posted on TSW in the past two years.

& I thank you every day for that :lol:

Ok, can I be serious here for a second and give my take on this. The reason I laughed at this thread is that many of you are freaking out about this injury, that this injury is going to ruin this year or at the least hurt it. Let's think about this. Do you really think that EJ was going to come out and turn this team around and finally take them to the promised land? Maybe in a couple of years but probably not this year. Not many rookie QBs have done that. It will most likely have him a bit shakey in his first couple of starts. Uhhhh, dude is going to be shakey in his first couple of starts anyway. First couple of starts in what could end up being over 100 in his career. Stop placing all your hopes and dreams on one person. How many years in a row has that happened with this team? It's a long season. So what if he doesn't start week one. So what if he starts week two and three and is a bit shakey. That's why I said I'm glad I'm no longer emotionally tied to this team. Do I root for them? Hell yeah, but I don't let them determine my emotional state come Monday morning.

I might be missing something that will come out today, but there is no evidence that EJ is going to miss two weeks of practice.

My expectation is he had fluid drained and will miss this week's game. Then playing scrub ball the final week doesn't make any sense in his preparation, but he will sit out the final game while practicing and be our week 1 QB. So while they will help pd him out of the final preseason game, that doesn't mean he won't be practicing in a red jersey that week as well as the week of the opener.

Link about the surgery taking place: http://blogs.buffalo...y-this-morning/

"Head coach Doug Marrone said he expects Buffalo’s top draft choice will be re-evaluated at the start of the regular season." - hmmmmmm...

Makes sense. Minor or not, he did have a surgical procedure on his knee. So of course he will be re-evaluated in a couple weeks. Hopefully this is the end of it but we will see.

Ok, can I be serious here for a second and give my take on this. The reason I laughed at this thread is that many of you are freaking out about this injury, that this injury is going to ruin this year or at the least hurt it. Let's think about this. Do you really think that EJ was going to come out and turn this team around and finally take them to the promised land? Maybe in a couple of years but probably not this year. Not many rookie QBs have done that. It will most likely have him a bit shakey in his first couple of starts. Uhhhh, dude is going to be shakey in his first couple of starts anyway. First couple of starts in what could end up being over 100 in his career. Stop placing all your hopes and dreams on one person. How many years in a row has that happened with this team? It's a long season. So what if he doesn't start week one. So what if he starts week two and three and is a bit shakey. That's why I said I'm glad I'm no longer emotionally tied to this team. Do I root for them? Hell yeah, but I don't let them determine my emotional state come Monday morning.

Good effort but you want some advice, try and stick to the non football related forums. Even just 10 years ago, what you said was mostly true but the league is changing fast. It's becoming more and more "normal" for rookie qbs to come in and greatly affect the fortunes of a franchise.

13 years of crap football and it seems to a lot of people that there's something a little different about this whole new regime. Maybe it will be more crap, who knows. But it seems pretty cheesy to come into this thread and thump your chest about not being emotionally invested in this team and insinuate that the rest of us are irrational. No ****! We know that's the case and this is literally or forum to vent about it.

I know I'm a lot less excited about the prospect of watching Kevin Kolb trot out there week 1 than EJ after another solid performance. I won't be cheering any less but there's no doubt that EJ starting week 1 would carry some extra buzz. We're just a bunch of freaks who got a brand new awesome toy, got to play with it for a day or so and had to send it back for repairs. Just give us some time to mourn man!

So to summarize...

- not all knee injuries are the same

- not all knee surgeries/procedures are the same

- not all individuals recover the same

- we have no idea what the injury is, what the procedure was, or how long he'll be out, other than it was "minor".

Got it.

So to summarize...

- not all knee injuries are the same

- not all knee surgeries/procedures are the same

- not all individuals recover the same

- we have no idea what the injury is, what the procedure was, or how long he'll be out, other than it was "minor".

Got it.

Thanks Doc!

Good effort but you want some advice, try and stick to the non football related forums. Even just 10 years ago, what you said was mostly true but the league is changing fast. It's becoming more and more "normal" for rookie qbs to come in and greatly affect the fortunes of a franchise.

13 years of crap football and it seems to a lot of people that there's something a little different about this whole new regime. Maybe it will be more crap, who knows. But it seems pretty cheesy to come into this thread and thump your chest about not being emotionally invested in this team and insinuate that the rest of us are irrational. No ****! We know that's the case and this is literally or forum to vent about it.

I know I'm a lot less excited about the prospect of watching Kevin Kolb trot out there week 1 than EJ after another solid performance. I won't be cheering any less but there's no doubt that EJ starting week 1 would carry some extra buzz. We're just a bunch of freaks who got a brand new awesome toy, got to play with it for a day or so and had to send it back for repairs. Just give us some time to mourn man!

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice.........

:D