Rogers after two practice games

Beerball

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In setting up a team they will set up the top 46 players (starter and back up at each position + K and P---some positions may not have back up and others have 2 ). From there they have 7 slots......3 for offense, 3 for Defense, and 1 for special teams. These 7 will likely go to the best talent potential there vs can they make the practice squad.

Jasper wasnt believed to be a 2nd round talent who fell through the draft because of off the field issues. If a team cuts a 2nd round pick teams will notice those players and take flyers on them through waiver claims.

It is true that teams do use their first cut down time to 75 to potentially hide very raw talent because teams may pass on the cut down to 75 players and ignore than more so than the cut down of players to 53. I could see Kauffman (and a few others) getting cut after next weeks game with the plan of putting him on the PS

It baffles me to think that people believe pro sports teams ignore these transactions. You do realize teams employ full time staff to fully research and keep tabs on all players, right? They have their own scouting files from preparing for these guys coming out of college, they are fully aware of every name that gets cut and what the personnel people think of them.

I have never heard of that. Intentionally downplaying a player just to "sneak" into practice squad.

Practice squads are announced anyway. So as a coach/scout/manager/ you are aware of these things.

Didn't the Bills do this with Jason Peters?

I forgot who here had the wisdom to post this last week but at least I remembered that this nice resource is available.

Here from Buffalo Rumblings are the snap counts from last night's game.

Only one receiver who was active had fewer snaps than Da'Rick.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/8/17/4630500/bills-20-vikings-16-offense-defense-special-teams-snap-counts

It baffles me to think that people believe pro sports teams ignore these transactions. You do realize teams employ full time staff to fully research and keep tabs on all players, right? They have their own scouting files from preparing for these guys coming out of college, they are fully aware of every name that gets cut and what the personnel people think of them.

And you are aware that even the 5 man cut down puts 155 players from other teams on the market that may be playing better in practice than projected from their college evaluations? Yet alone the 700 to hit the market on nearly the same day at the end of camp and weighing them against the prospects you kept... With very little new film sometimes guys slip through the cracks.

Maybe this guy just really isn't as good as everyone thinks. Maybe he just can't get the uptempo offense.

Maybe he's already made the team and they're looking at guys to fill the number six spot.

And should we think TJ Graham is a lock? This staff has no allegience to him and Goodwin fill that roll anyway...

And you are aware that even the 5 man cut down puts 155 players from other teams on the market that may be playing better in practice than projected from their college evaluations? Yet alone the 700 to hit the market on nearly the same day at the end of camp and weighing them against the prospects you kept... With very little new film sometimes guys slip through the cracks.

The statement that was made was that teams may "ignore" that first cutdown to 75. I don't think so.

And should we think TJ Graham is a lock? This staff has no allegience to him and Goodwin fill that roll anyway...

Uh, yes? The guy is really taking that leap in his 2nd year and will be part of the core WR group.

The statement that was made was that teams may "ignore" that first cutdown to 75. I don't think so.

If you slide a guy that had a reputation of "raw and not an nfl talent"coming out of college in there, its possible other teams think "well I guess our evaluation is right"

That's not to say no ones ever been picked up at that point...

If you slide a guy that had a reputation of "raw and not an nfl talent"coming out of college in there, its possible other teams think "well I guess our evaluation is right"

That's not to say no ones ever been picked up at that point...

The point being they at least acknowledged the guy was cut and either correctly or incorrectly reaffirmed their initial evaluation. They most certainly do not "ignore" other teams cut lists.

one of the receivers- most likely Rogers- will get a mysterious injury before the last cut and be placed on IR

this way they keep him to learn/mature and he is not exposed to the waiver wire

Of all the conspiracy theories this one is actually with some merit. I could see one of the WR's getting IR'd. I would rather go with the potential of rogers over Hogan or Easley. That being said I would rather have Easley as the third TE and get rid of Smith.

I forgot who here had the wisdom to post this last week but at least I remembered that this nice resource is available.

Here from Buffalo Rumblings are the snap counts from last night's game.

Only one receiver who was active had fewer snaps than Da'Rick.

http://www.buffaloru...ams-snap-counts

Gotta love Brian Galliford. He da bomb.

Look folks, the NFL preseason does serve a functional purpose of 1) enabling players to execute plays in a game situation 2) building rappore and communication between players in a game situation 3) enabling coaches to evaluate 1 and 2.

The guys that the coaches are most interested in, get most of the snaps, with the notable exception of proven vets who are nursing injuries where they've already made the team and it's a priority to have them healthy for the season.

Does that latter apply to Da'Rick? Didn't think so.

How are his special team skills? The "bubble" guys who make the cut (and are even preferred for PS) are the ones with versitility who can play ST.

So no teams wanted to bother using a throw away 7th round pick on the guy, but now he's a hot commodity that every team will be drooling over. Something isn't making sense here.

There were reportedly 17 teams who wanted to sign Rogers as an UDFA. I really don't think it's unrealistic for a number of those teams to be interested in signing Rogers if the Bills let him go.

There were reportedly 17 teams who wanted to sign Rogers as an UDFA. I really don't think it's unrealistic for a number of those teams to be interested in signing Rogers if the Bills let him go.

Then he can reportedly be their problem.