Starting off strong...

Big Turk

I think the Bills have a pretty favorable front end of the schedule where we can go 5-1 if we can beat the Pats or 4-2...

The tougher games are at home...Baltimore and Cincy with the easier games, Cleveland and the Jests on the road...

Baltimore is not going to be close to last year, imho after having a fire sale this offseason, and Cincy is good but definitely beatable...

Edited by matter2003

only 1 ps game down. too early for predictions.

You will get my a prediction thread from me later, as usual. Stay tuned.

Right now ne is tough. Baltimore are sb champs. Nuff said. Cin are playoff contenders with a bad @ defense. Tough. Cleveland sucks. But hey they think we suck. Jets suck but they play well against us.

We could be 0-5. Not saying it will happen. But it's possible.

I think the Bills have a pretty favorable front end of the schedule where we can go 5-1 if we can beat the Pats or 4-2...

The tougher games are at home...Baltimore and Cincy with the easier games, Cleveland and the Jests on the road...

Baltimore is not going to be close to last year, imho after having a fire sale this offseason, and Cincy is good but definitely beatable...

With so much change the Bills are at a very distinct disadvantage to teams who have veterans players at key positions. That's just the way of the NFL.

These young Bills will probably need some time to simply learn how to win games at this level. We as fans need to have some patience. As far as the Pats game goes, the Bills should be big underdogs going against Brady and Belichick with a whole offseason to prepare for our team. I hope our fans refrain from picking them to win that game. Let's embrace the underdog role!

With so much change the Bills are at a very distinct disadvantage to teams who have veterans players at key positions. That's just the way of the NFL.

These young Bills will probably need some time to simply learn how to win games at this level. We as fans need to have some patience. As far as the Pats game goes, the Bills should be big underdogs going against Brady and Belichick with a whole offseason to prepare for our team. I hope our fans refrain from picking them to win that game. Let's embrace the underdog role!

With little data/tape on the New Bills , no one knows what the hell we are going to do.

Lets embrace the underdog. Heck thats what Bills fans do anyways but this year its for real! Honest .

The football stars are about to for us is no BS.

Only one easy game here, all others have much more talent. If we go 2-3 its a good start.

NE (L)

BALT (L)

CINCIN (L)

CLEV (L)

JETS (W)

So you have us losing to Cleveland and beating the Jets... Hmmm...

I stopped doing the whole trying to predict the season's overall record thing...

Every week is a new game. We can easily go 2-14 or 14-2. You just never know in this league.

So you have us losing to Cleveland and beating the Jets... Hmmm...

I stopped doing the whole trying to predict the season's overall record thing...

Every week is a new game. We can easily go 2-14 or 14-2. You just never know in this league.

Did you watch tonight with Phili and Carolina? In the regular season you would think Carolina could win this easy. But, they played so sloppy that the only success they found was given to then by Phili.

Cleveland is on the way up, they have no other way to go. The Jets might running out of fuel.

Noone thought much of the young Sabres coming out of the lockout and they took the league by storm with their speed...

You can coach up the players all you want and be in the right position all you want and play with great technique, but if you can't run with the other team it doesn't do much good...

I can see a whole lot of teams having issues running with us, and that's without us pushing the pace where we could literally blow by teams in the second half as fatigue sets in on their D...

I see no reason why we can't be like the Colts last year or the 49ers Harbaugh's first year. We have a lot of talent on this team and now a coaching staff to maximize it...

Edited by matter2003

Starting strong only provides a feel good effect for the fans.

1) Many 4-0 teams in the PS end up winning 4 or less games in the season.

2) Very few teams losing all 4 PS games have gone to the SB 4 times in a row. ;)

Only one easy game here, all others have much more talent. If we go 2-3 its a good start.

NE (L)

BALT (L)

CINCIN (W)

CLEV (W)

JETS (W)

fixed it for you.

I left NE as a L even though they might catch them off guard like the Skins did to NO last year in the opener.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I have no clue about the first five games or the rest of the schedule. If i had to chose between begining strong or finishing strong I would love to see the Bills finish strong. To me this shows more about your team then starting strong. By this i mean, film is so important to coaches. After week 6 or so tendencies will begin to show for Buffalo like any other team. It is at that point it becomes even more about raw talent. Coaching always matters. Coaches need to keep the team focused. I do not want to see any blow out losses like the past two years, because to me that means coaches are losing the team. It also means the coaches are not focusing the players and calling a good game.

The talent from the best guy on your squad to the worst guy is not as big as we may think. Just like the overall talent on one team to another is not some huge difference.

given the fact we might be starting a rookie QB, I'd be really happy with 2-3, not surprised with 1-4, and planning on 0-5. I was dead sure we were going to kill the JEST in last year's opener, and we all know how that game went. The Pats are not vulnerable, they're the Pats, and Baltimore is defending a SB title. Until I see what this team is going to really look like on game day, I don't have a clue how we'll play. I can't wait though, more than ever I'm actually looking forward to seeing some actual progress.

only 1 ps game down. too early for predictions.

You will get my a prediction thread from me later, as usual. Stay tuned.

Right now ne is tough. Baltimore are sb champs. Nuff said. Cin are playoff contenders with a bad @ defense. Tough. Cleveland sucks. But hey they think we suck. Jets suck but they play well against us.

We could be 0-5. Not saying it will happen. But it's possible.

Baltimore "were" superbowl champs that have a QB who plays average to below average during the regular season and lights out in the playoffs and lost 8 starters off that team...I see them struggling to be 8-8 this year...

New England is definitely beatable, they lost lots of pieces, although Brady will minimize them as much as possible with his greatness, but he struggles a lot of times against Pettine's type of D...

Their defense is still porous though...

Every year it boggles my mind how the casual (and sometimes serious) fan simply does not understand how small the difference is between winning and losing in the NFL. Nearly every game is still in the balance in the 4th quarter, and you can usually select anywhere from one to four key plays that made the difference.

Presuming any coach looks at any team as an "easy" win is completely naive. Games are won and lost largely on adjustments, and the ability of key players to get the job done at crunch time. It is impossible to predict the Buffalo Bills' W-L record this season with any degree of confidence, because so much is new. What if EJ Manuel is a guy who might stink for three quarters but play lights out in the final 5:00? What if Marrone and his staff really understand how to make in-game adjustments that keep opponents off guard?

I think the "strength of schedule" stat is for chumps, too.

What I do know is that the Bills who took the field at Indy last week, preseason or not, were organized, precise, and relentless. If those traits continue into the regular season, there is no telling what this team could do. There are no talent "chasms" in the NFL -- every team has a lot of very, very good football players.