Jim Irsay's Tweet

eball

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Many starters played briefly or were nursing little injuries, but it was a crap performance, my apologies / My commanders got n earful from me!"

:lol:

I saw that too 2 damn funny.... maybe he should give them all a refund.

I just flew into Indy for work and was wondering if I should have worn my Bills cap.

The Colts went into the game planning to evaluate the roster. The Bills went into the game to show everyone the team is totally buying into what Marrone and Pettine are selling because the entire team was relentless the whole game.

Not making excuses for the Colts, but as first preseason games go, you can count the number of people who knew the Bills would run a hurry up offense for four qtrs on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

what makes you think the Bills didn't go into the game to evaluate the roster????? duh huh .......

Jim was named VP and GM a month after the move.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Irsay

Thanks Gugny.

However, Wing Man said he moved the team.

He didn't move the team, his father did.

Also I was working in the sports media at the time and no one knew who Jim Irsay was, other than by his last name.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I used to think Twitter was the stupidiest invention in history. Now I think it's great because it allows complete idiots to highlight that fact to the world.

Congrats to Jim Irsay for beating out Lee Westwood for this week's title.

Now realizing their off-season focus was bigger, faster D-players, better OL players and better ST coverage, it's easy to see why Irsay and Colts fans in general were aghast with the performance.

Imagine spending $140M for 3 specific things then witnessing them get crushed in their very 1st outing. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

But, it was just them not playing together long enough yet. It had NOTHING to do with playing the perennial bottom feeders.. ; )

Hey, the Colts can take comfort in still being ranked #12 in the NFL power poll while the Bills are still a lowly #29. I'm sure if they were actually TRYING to play they would have crushed us, right?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It seems like Irsay is upset that his team looked so bad against the Bills. While he did not say that he probably is thinking it. And Irsay probably said it to his coaches and GM.

Oh, and that is what i would tell my team if i was Marrone. Fire up your team anyway you can. Tell your players we are going to piss a lot of people off this year who think we are going to be an 'easy win'.

If they made a

Now realizing their off-season focus was bigger, faster D-players, better OL players and better ST coverage, it's easy to see why Irsay and Colts fans in general were aghast with the performance.

Imagine spending $140M for 3 specific things then witnessing them get crushed in their very 1st outing. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

But, it was just them not playing together long enough yet. It had NOTHING to do with playing the perennial bottom feeders.. ; )

The article should also mention the Colts kick return game: It says they spent money to improve special teams and they had nothing on their returns. Nothing. Preseason or no, that is a concern for a team.

kj

I like how the solution is to play the starters more.

When that's exactly what every team does as the preseason progresses (at least through game 3).

It'll look like the coaches are trying some kind of solution instead of doing what they would do any preseason.

Pagano isn't going to get much pity this year.

The Colts are not going to get it done.

And folks think Ralph is a meddlesome owner.

Irsay is on a par with Jurry Jones and Bud Adams.

I don't want to bash Pagano--in light of what he battled through-- but he strikes me a bit as out of his element. Something about his demeanor on the sideline screams "Dennis Erickson befuddlement." He might have the kind of success in Indy that a guy like Caldwell had-- i.e., due solely to having a phenomenal QB-- but I am not sure he's going to make a particularly good HC. And it's not going to help having Irsay on his back.

It seems like Irsay is upset that his team looked so bad against the Bills. While he did not say that he probably is thinking it. And Irsay probably said it to his coaches and GM.

Oh, and that is what i would tell my team if i was Marrone. Fire up your team anyway you can. Tell your players we are going to piss a lot of people off this year who think we are going to be an 'easy win'.

Yep I can hear it now...'How did you get your asses blown off our home turf by Buffalo? BUFFALO for God's sake!!!

Pagano isn't going to get much pity this year.

The Colts are not going to get it done.

And folks think Ralph is a meddlesome owner.

Irsay is on a par with Jurry Jones and Bud Adams.

While Pagano was a legitimate "feel good" story last year, it was Bruce Ariens (spelling?) who led the Colts to their successful season. The Colts may well have kept the wrong guy.........