Marcus Easley makes the team

I think Woods, Stevie, TJ and Goodwin will be the guys that get a majority of the burn at WR but Easley was a special teams ace in college so it makes sense that they might want him to be the 5th WR and play a lot of special teams.

I've read this on this thread a few times. Why do yall have Easley so far down on the depth chart? What exactly has Graham done to earn a higher spot? I can see SJ and Woods and maybe Goodwin. Coach Marrone says he wants to play the best guys right now. Looks like Easley to me. Even if he is buried as yall suggest, I suspect that if he keeps what he started in pre season, when he gets in he'll do well and will be hard to keep out of the line up. He's looks like 3rd with 4th the absolute lowest IMHO.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read this on this thread a few times. Why do yall have Easley so far down on the depth chart? What exactly has Graham done to earn a higher spot? I can see SJ and Woods and maybe Goodwin. Coach Marrone says he wants to play the best guys right now. Looks like Easley to me. Even if he is buried as yall suggest, I suspect that if he keeps what he started in pre season, when he gets in he'll do well and will be hard to keep out of the line up. He's looks like 3rd with 4th the absolute lowest IMHO.

Well, I haven't been at all the practices to evaluate the WRs but the coaching staff has. And in the pre-season they have Easley playing in the 4th quarter while Graham lined up across from Stevie in the starting lineup against Washington. To me that's a pretty good indication of what the coaching staff thinks of the guy. Whether he keeps that place remains to be seen but right now Graham appears to be much higher on the depth chart than Easley.

Well, I haven't been at all the practices to evaluate the WRs but the coaching staff has. And in the pre-season they have Easley playing in the 4th quarter while Graham lined up across from Stevie in the starting lineup against Washington. To me that's a pretty good indication of what the coaching staff thinks of the guy. Whether he keeps that place remains to be seen but right now Graham appears to be much higher on the depth chart than Easley.

It is hard to argue with what you are saying. The record is what is says it is and Graham has been running with the first team. I will say this though.....if we ever learned ANYTHING from the Roscoe Parrish experiment it is that it is a lot easier to target small WR's in a practice environment at SJF than it is during the season at RWS. Graham and Goodwin may be fast but when the wind starts moving across that field it is nice to have some margin for error with a WR that actually has a large catch radius. The Bills have a small-ish receiving corps and if Easley keeps improving he might be abie to get that second outside spot away from Graham/Goodwin.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

• 2 months later...

Easley has shown an ability to be a play maker in practices and led the league in preseason for total yardage from a WR.

Easley has excelled in ST's becoming one of the best ST's tacklers in the NFL.

Its time for Marcus Easley to take the next step!!!

Edited by dog14787

Easley has shown an ability to be a play maker in practices and led the league in preseason for total yardage from a WR.

Easley has excelled in ST's becoming one of the best ST's tacklers in the NFL.

Its time for Marcus Easley to take the next step!!!

How about making an easy catch when the real lights are on?

He made one of the best catches of the season vs Steelers. It was completely unnoticed, but he got hammered instantly while making a 9 yard catch and actually held on. I was completely shocked because Bills WRs are a bunch of weaklings and none of them are capable of holding on after a hit like that. Then, I realized it was #81 and wasn't surprised. He always looks like a man amongst boys out there.

He made one of the best catches of the season vs Steelers. It was completely unnoticed, but he got hammered instantly while making a 9 yard catch and actually held on. I was completely shocked because Bills WRs are a bunch of weaklings and none of them are capable of holding on after a hit like that. Then, I realized it was #81 and wasn't surprised. He always looks like a man amongst boys out there.

He also appeared to run the wrong route and could have cost the Bills a TD against Pittsburgh.

He also appeared to run the wrong route and could have cost the Bills a TD against Pittsburgh.

Are we even sure that Easley screwed that up and not TJ? Either way, I think Easley gets a pass on that one. He hasn't had nearly enough reps at WR. He might be failing to grasp the playbook, but physically, he is the prototypical NFL receiver. Coach him up and get him out there. TJ has had his fair share of wrong routes as well, with nothing outstanding to make up for it.

All I know is, the ONLY thing Graham has showed me personally, is that he needs to be replaced. Goodwin should replace him immediately IMO. I also think Easly deserves a shot, because he earned it by playing lights out on special teams.

Then he dropped an easy pass v the Chiefs. Ugh. I'll give him a break due to nerves. But I hope he proves himself the next few weeks.

PS, we never should have let DaRick Rodgers go. I can just tell he is going to explode in Indy

TJ gets open down field at least 3 or 4 times a game where a pass is not attempted. Could Marcus get open for big plays? I think so. Will he get an accurate throw when he is? See TJ above. EJ has to give his guys an accurate ball before I can form an opinion on some of these guys. Since EJ and all of the receivers are inconsistent in execution, it is hard to tell. When I watch the all-22 for myself, guys are getting open.

He should get a chance to prove himself as a receiver this week with Woods and probably Stevie out.

this is true. But he will draw top CB coverage, get thrown to a few times and when he does it will be too high or too low coming from EJ, and he will be unfairly labled a bust. Easly is clearly better than TJ, given that any WR on the roster is at this point. Also, wish we kept Rogers instead of having Marrone try to teach him a lesson as if this was college ball. Rogers would be starting with Easly and TJ this week. Instead we have a very suspect group overall, not to mention the QB play.

The Bills WRs are much better than last year but still need improvement. Nelson and Jones were hard working and high effort guys, but neither had anything special and neither made DCs game plan around them. I think Goodwin scares DCs (and CBs) and Woods is an excellent all-around threat. The only reason Graham is on the team is that he was a 3rd round draft pick and the Bills are embarrassed to let him go. I thought Brandon Kaufman was better than Graham, Rodgers, and Hogan. Why Chris Hogan is on the team is a mystery to me. He doesn't seem to know the plays and drops too many passes. Aside from Easley they're a small to mid sized group so I think the team next year is Johnson, Goodwin, Woods, maybe Easley, and a new tall guy or two.

All I know is, the ONLY thing Graham has showed me personally, is that he needs to be replaced. Goodwin should replace him immediately IMO. I also think Easly deserves a shot, because he earned it by playing lights out on special teams.

Then he dropped an easy pass v the Chiefs. Ugh. I'll give him a break due to nerves. But I hope he proves himself the next few weeks.

PS, we never should have let DaRick Rodgers go. I can just tell he is going to explode in Indy

`

This is insane logic.

`

This is insane logic.

Easley showcases a very conplete skill set with his ST play. He gets to punts before they hit the ground (elite speed), he runs right through blockers, makes incredible diving tackles. I could see him being fierce blocker. Hopefully he proves all of this Sunday. Please don't give us a limping SJ or a recently concussed Hogan.