Bills sign Nick Provo TE, Release OLman

Nanker

I'm a Provo fan, mainly from my use of him in NCAA 13 on Xbox. He's big, but almost FB big, but can chip well enough and decent enough speed to make the catch. Kind of reminds me of Chandler.

2 chandlers on this team would be really nice.

From the BB website.......

Provo was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2012 before being released prior to the regular season. He participated in Buffalo’s voluntary minicamp on a tryout basis in April. The 6-4, 249-pound four-year Syracuse letterman set a school-record among tight ends with 92 career receptions and recorded the second-most receiving yards at the position (1,027). He set the single-season record among Orange tight ends in 2011, recording 51 catches and posting the second-most receiving yards (537) en route to first-team All-BIG EAST accolades. Provo will wear No. 87.

Apparently the best TE in Syracuse history.....not that that is saying much.

Edited by Rockinon

Big guy at least. Any Syracuse fans know anything about this kid?

Block well? Fast? Good hands?

I was very happy to wake up to this today... Here is what I posted a while ago on Provo:

I was one of the people banging the drum to bring him in and I will do it again. He had 51 catches and 7 tds his senior year. Maybe a bit more than "remotely skilled." Yes he was from SU which allowed me to see him multiple times. Like the game I continually reference Geno's poor attitude in the dome. Provo went for 6 catches 61 yards and 3 tds. He was unguardable that day! Or how about him having at least 3 catches in every game that year except 1. Proving to be a reliable target.

He was Nassib's safety valve. He isn't much of a burner which might hurt him on this team but he is very sure handed. Check out the game vs wvu (I posted the stats and can't find a good youtube video of the highlights) he was a 1 man wrecking crew. I watched it live and he was always open and making the catch. I'm very happy and very intrigued to see how it goes.

The guy has some talent, but this sounds more like a temporary replacement for Caussin. Marrone is probably doing the guy a favor by getting him some camp exposure, and maybe some team will put him on their practice squad.

Sounds like the Bills are already set at TE, probably with Chandler, Smith, and Gragg.

I was very happy to wake up to this today... Here is what I posted a while ago on Provo:

I was one of the people banging the drum to bring him in and I will do it again. He had 51 catches and 7 tds his senior year. Maybe a bit more than "remotely skilled." Yes he was from SU which allowed me to see him multiple times. Like the game I continually reference Geno's poor attitude in the dome. Provo went for 6 catches 61 yards and 3 tds. He was unguardable that day! Or how about him having at least 3 catches in every game that year except 1. Proving to be a reliable target.

He was Nassib's safety valve. He isn't much of a burner which might hurt him on this team but he is very sure handed. Check out the game vs wvu (I posted the stats and can't find a good youtube video of the highlights) he was a 1 man wrecking crew. I watched it live and he was always open and making the catch. I'm very happy and very intrigued to see how it goes.

thanks 122. I know your a die hard SU fan so I was hoping to get this exact type of post. Of course it could come off as a homer, but I'm not thinking that way. It sounds by the size of this guy that he might be a wild cart shot to add a target to the team. I like the move.

Wonderful news.

This is one of Marrone's hand-picked kids from the 'Cuse. Feirce competitor. Great hands. -Not so great of a blocker. Provo has been a pro for about a year. I really wanted us to take him in the '12 draft, but better late than never. Provo was an extremely reliable target for Ryan Nassib, and is a very good "Team" guy.

-I'd be shocked if he didn't play his ass off for Marrone.