Stevie Johnson helped off the field

Damn, I was wondering what took you so long.

So when is someone going to start labeling him as "injury prone"?

Damn, I was wondering what took you so long.

So when is someone going to start labeling him as "injury prone"?

Fair enough. I take it back. We're gonna do a San Fran from a couple years ago with no major injuries for an entire season. That would be amazing and a welcome relief for this franchise as it builds some depth and talent. Probably produce 8 & 8 at least this season as well. How's that? Plus I think the Bills can pull a surprise on the Pats week 1.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bro-in-law tore his hammy yesterday. Saw a pic of it and it was really bad-- swollen, purple. Doc said he would be fine in 6 weeks.

from this, I am going to extrapolate that Stevie,at worst, can't be longer than that.

A grade 1 strain is not a 'serious' injury. It should heal quickly with rest and treatment. He'll get better. The question is whether or not he's going to have chronic 'tweaks' of his hammies. I tore my hamstring about 5 years ago and it's never been the same. I run a lot and it bothers me consistently all this time later. Hopefully, he gets well and stays well. This 'recovery' should be fairly quick based on what has been reported.

A grade 1 strain is not a 'serious' injury. It should heal quickly with rest and treatment. He'll get better. The question is whether or not he's going to have chronic 'tweaks' of his hammies. I tore my hamstring about 5 years ago and it's never been the same. I run a lot and it bothers me consistently all this time later. Hopefully, he gets well and stays well. This 'recovery' should be fairly quick based on what has been reported.

Stevie can't get away from those nagging injuries.

Makes sense though-- a lot of juking and jiving and quick motions can't be good for groin and hamstrings.

Stevie can't get away from those nagging injuries.

Makes sense though-- a lot of juking and jiving and quick motions can't be good for groin and hamstrings.

He's certainly not 'typical' in terms of how he generates separation at the line. Hopefully, this stuff settles out and he remains healthy.

Can't remember all the way back to yesterday? ;)

He's had like 4 days of practice and some offseason workouts and 2013 already has a hamstring injury and a fracture in his back. He's consistent but it seems he's also consistently working at 75% health. He's not even an especially physical guy out there and often avoids hits (not complaining, i want him healthy, just noting)...

You're right. When folks use the term 'pull' it generally is understood to mean more than just a 'strain.' The official grading of these, however, is 'strain' at every level....even complete tear. No worries.

Ah ok, I didn't know that about tears...good tip

Any word on Stevie?

How's Stevie doing?

Have you heard about the injury to Stevie?

Is Stevie doing ok?

Sorry, went full Warrow for a second.

What about Mario?

What about the wide outs?

What about Mario?

What about Stevie?

What about DaRick?

What about ?????

And then the season starts.

Mario looks like a beast. Troup is a regular, Dareus IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WOULD BE!

Every wide out is producing except Easly (shame)

The TEAM is over achieving and out performing all our expectations and we have a coaching staff and front office that is up to speed and up to date and even trend setting.

Are we happy now? Oh yeah , we got a guy who will break all of Jim's records.

Don't worry. Be happy! :thumbsup: The futures so bright I gotta wear shades!

This post is unedited!

May be if he...you know...worked out in the offseason he's stop tweaking all the hammies. :devil:

That's it exactly. I very much like Stevie he has talent it was apparent before he became a starter but, this is the type of issue that if he does not change his mind set and condition himself, will prevent him from being Great player. Come on Stevie wake up!

Unless it is a grade-1 tear, he'll be back by the last preseason game at the latest. My wife just injured her hammy while running a Duathlon. If it isn't a severe tear, rest is the best remedy. Hers is a medium severity one, and will not be running for 3 - 4 weeks. With all the technology the pros have available to them, Stevie might even heal quicker.

BTW - my wife still finished 1st in her age group because she is tough as hell.

The telling remark above is about Stevie not getting in sync with EJ during the next four weeks. He's tough and played for three seasons even with injuries. I like Stevie and no he'll get ready for the season opener. We'll need hm against NE, and I love the idea of putting him more in the slot. He ahs excellent change of direction skills which is why he eluded Revis so well these past cople of years.

The telling remark above is about Stevie not getting in sync with EJ during the next four weeks. He's tough and played for three seasons even with injuries. I like Stevie and no he'll get ready for the season opener. We'll need hm against NE, and I love the idea of putting him more in the slot. He ahs excellent change of direction skills which is why he eluded Revis so well these past cople of years.

As the guy who said it, I agree wholeheartedly! He needs the time with EJ to get their timing and communication down, so missing any time at all is not good. Obviously better than a blown knee, but still not good....