Stevie Johnson helped off the field

Is there a correlation between wearing certain clothing and suffering hamstring injuries?

Yes if pants too long you can trip and cause hamstring injuries.

You can also do it if you realize your pants are hanging below underpants and you react too fast due to shame but do not think that is issue with Steve.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if he worked out during the off season a little more often instead of doing advertisements for Saggy Pants and taking pictures disrespecting the U.S. Navy and the military with fake ribbons and USS F**KMORE patches on he might not get hurt every other time he practices or plays. He may never grow up.

USS F**KOFFMORE would be a better fit.

He's an idiot who has a college degree & worked his way up from the bottom to making millions in his profession. How you doing in yours, genius?

Pretty good, thanks.

I hope Stevie is saving his money!!!

I wonder is this kind of thing would stop happening to him if he actually legitimately worked out in the off season to keep his body in football shape. he himself stated that all he usually does is jogs with his wife in the off season. Maybe it is time he took this football thing seriously and stopped acting like a 17yr old clown. The guy has a ton of talent but he really is just so stupid it getting tougher and tougher to defend him.

So frustrating.

Exactly J-Gun. Have to take the positives here and they could be extremely positive. Stevie is seasoned, the rest of the Wrs are about as green as it gets. let em get out there and learn. Do I wish Stevie could stay healthy throughout the year? Of course i do, but when your cards are dealt you play them the best way possible and I've seen way worse hands.

strain is favorable in comparison to a pull; I'm betting he'll be held out through the 1st pre-season game

there are a few 'levels' of strain. I.e. grade 1; grade 2. Rupture of the muscle 'body' is the worst. i.e. grade 3. "Pull" is a non-medical term to describe the 'same' thing. A mild 'pull' would be grade 1 etc.

Here's a link with a few details. Either way...hopefully '13' doesn't have to deal with this on/off all year.

http://www.physiotherapynotes.com/2011/06/severity-of-muscle-strains-muscle.html

The only word I didn't want to see in that MRI report is "tear" so I'm happy...rest up Stevie, you have 5 weeks and 2 days to get healthy.

You do realize strain = Tear right? Not as in torn in half, ruptured or torn off the bone, but it means tear.

I am with those that say its time for him to grow up and get on an offseason lifting program.

there are a few 'levels' of strain. I.e. grade 1; grade 2. Rupture of the muscle 'body' is the worst. i.e. grade 3. "Pull" is a non-medical term to describe the 'same' thing. A mild 'pull' would be grade 1 etc.

Here's a link with a few details. Either way...hopefully '13' doesn't have to deal with this on/off all year.

http://www.physiotherapynotes.com/2011/06/severity-of-muscle-strains-muscle.html

Understood...what I meant was that usually when teams use the term "strain" they're implying a lesser injury than if they call it a pull

You're right though; could be any degree of strain

Understood...what I meant was that usually when teams use the term "strain" they're implying a lesser injury than if they call it a pull

You're right. When folks use the term 'pull' it generally is understood to mean more than just a 'strain.' The official grading of these, however, is 'strain' at every level....even complete tear. No worries.

i am loving all of the remarks from the Stevie "hater" crowd in here. The guy was doing an insane and intense workout that was shown on BB.com under videos.

the dude was getting ripped up and might have even overttrained. he will be back. keep rooting against the Bills best WR though. guess you guys aren't fans of the ole fashioned possession WR (which stevie has basically mastered) a la Cris Carter lite.

get well soon Stevie.

I wonder is this kind of thing would stop happening to him if he actually legitimately worked out in the off season to keep his body in football shape. he himself stated that all he usually does is jogs with his wife in the off season. Maybe it is time he took this football thing seriously and stopped acting like a 17yr old clown. The guy has a ton of talent but he really is just so stupid it getting tougher and tougher to defend him.

So frustrating.

Are you kidding or just misinformed?

He's constantly nursing the hammy or groin. When was the last time Stevie was at 100%? I can't honestly remember!!

He needs to stretch before practice & stay hydrated!!!

Better yet, bring back Rusty Jones!! (Though I vaguely remember hearing he retired after last year.)

I think that same stuff but I can't question his production AND he's in there every week, EVERY week. Could he better without the nagging injuries, I would have to think yes.