Colin Cowherd NFL season predictions

As he does every year, Colin Cowherd does a quick synopsis of every division and predicts the record for each team. He said that the Pats win the AFC east with no problem but do not look like a strong super bowl contender. He said the Dolphins will go 5-1 in the division with sweeps over the Bills and Jets and finish with a 9-7 record. He said not a single thing about the Bills expect that they would finish 6-10.....

As he does every year, Colin Cowherd does a quick synopsis of every division and predicts the record for each team. He said that the Pats win the AFC east with no problem but do not look like a strong super bowl contender. He said the Dolphins will go 5-1 in the division with sweeps over the Bills and Jets and finish with a 9-7 record. He said not a single thing about the Bills expect that they would finish 6-10.....

Not sure about the 5-1 prediction for the Dolphins but based on the number of question marks about the Bills (depth, rookie WR, new QB, new schemes, DEs, LBs), any prediction over 6-10 or 7-9 is optimistic. Also, if the Pats* win the division this year, it may be more due to the weak division than due to their own prowess.

Colin Cowherd is a coward, so the name fits. All he's doing is spitting back the same garbage to us that we get from practically every media outlet. Patriots are the favorite, blah blah blah. Let's look at the reality from the Vegas perspective. Patriots are 7-1 odds to win the Superbowl right now. The only team with better odds is Denver. They share the same odds with San Francisco and Seattle. Miami's odds are 50-1 or about middle of the pack. The Jets are a little worse at 60-1. Buffalo is at 100-1 right now, with only Oakland, Arizona, and Jacksonville worse. Vegas is saying 6.5 wins for the Bills, so why wouldn't Cowherd?

Great!

Can we cut right to The Draft now that we know what our record will be?

That would be so efficient and would cut out the messy little details like actually playing the games.

And cut down on injuries too. Probably not arrests, but definitely injuries.

I like the lack of expectations. It will be this type of season that the Bills finally arrive back on the scene. Even last year there were some national media that predicted the Bills to get double digit wins and be the surprise team. This year, nothing but crickets... People really have no idea how Kolb & Manuel will perform, plus the new WR's and defensive scheme, new coaches, etc... no one really has a clue yet.

Big market and big name shill Colin Cowherd thinks Miami and all their flashy, Redskin esque signings are going to be good and the small time Buffalo Bills won't? Color me shocked.

I don't really care what people predict for records because its meaningless, but Cowherd is a special brand of terrible.

Big market and big name shill Colin Cowherd thinks Miami and all their flashy, Redskin esque signings are going to be good and the small time Buffalo Bills won't? Color me shocked.

I don't really care what people predict for records because its meaningless, but Cowherd is a special brand of terrible.

He picked the Bills to win 9 games I think last year. Don't understand the hate for the guy. It is like some weird jealously thing...

Edited by BuffaloFood

He picked the Bills to win 9 games I think last year. Don't understand the hate for the guy. It is like some weird jealously thing...

I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't care if he picked us to go 16-0 last year. It doesn't change how horrible his shows are.

Without even knowing the schedule I expect the Pats to drop 3 of their first 7 easily. I figure them finish 10-6 is a high end guess with 9-7 jist as possible and winning the east

The dolphins, jets and bills are so inconsistent I expect them to split 1-1. If the Bills, Jets or Fins finish better the. 8-8 I will be shocked.

Without even knowing the schedule I expect the Pats to drop 3 of their first 7 easily. I figure them finish 10-6 is a high end guess with 9-7 jist as possible and winning the east

The dolphins, jets and bills are so inconsistent I expect them to split 1-1. If the Bills, Jets or Fins finish better the. 8-8 I will be shocked.

I have no problem with Cowherd's Buffalo prediction; I just find it difficult to predict when no one knows who the QB will be.

Anyway, I see the division ending up like this (approx. number of wins):

1. NE (10)

2. Buff (9)

3. Mia (7)

4. NYJ (6)

Has anyone gone back and researched Colin's prior years' picks? Would be interesting to see -- if they're as bad as I'm guessing they are, it would be fun for someone to call in and confront him with same.

I'm seeing that I'm an in the minority but I enjoy cowherd immensely. He is very articulate when making his points and allows discussion when people disagree with him. Quite the opposite of Jim Rome.

He follows and talks about winning teams. He has said many times over that people love to complain about him doing that but the ratings don't reflect that reality. Honestly do you think he would get better ratings talking about New England or buffalo? The Miami heat or the Milwaukee bucks? The Kansas City royals or the ny Yankees?

On of my favorite takes of his is that the fans share as much blame as management when a team performs poorly for extended periods. By continuing to support an inferior product fans are telling management that they don't care about winning they care about having a team to call their own.

Believe it or not he wasn't talking about the bills when he made it. He was talking about the cubs. Can't say it didn't make me think of my favorite football team though...

I'm seeing that I'm an in the minority but I enjoy cowherd immensely. He is very articulate when making his points and allows discussion when people disagree with him. Quite the opposite of Jim Rome.

He follows and talks about winning teams. He has said many times over that people love to complain about him doing that but the ratings don't reflect that reality. Honestly do you think he would get better ratings talking about New England or buffalo? The Miami heat or the Milwaukee bucks? The Kansas City royals or the ny Yankees?

On of my favorite takes of his is that the fans share as much blame as management when a team performs poorly for extended periods. By continuing to support an inferior product fans are telling management that they don't care about winning they care about having a team to call their own.

Believe it or not he wasn't talking about the bills when he made it. He was talking about the cubs. Can't say it didn't make me think of my favorite football team though...

He also said it was Sean Taylor's own fault he was murdered, if you still live in places like Indy and Cleveland and are unemployed, its your own fault, and that the media sends their very worst and most inexperienced reporters to cover hockey. Go to awfulannouncing.com and check out some of the Cowherd articles. The guy is a blowhard way more than he makes a good point. Besides, who is he, who never pays for any sporting event to tell fans they shouldn't support their teams?