Von Miller suspensed for 6 games (ed.)

Heitz

Von Miller may have his suspension increased beyond six games by Roger Goodell after this:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24789/

Von Miller is one game into his suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, and on Wednesday team officials were privately wrestling with the revelation that Miller was cited last week for driving without a license and speeding.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Just wow. This guy is a young, phenomenal defensive talent on a SB-contending team. Looking at the AFC this year, there is no reason Denver can't go to the SB. Their defense is their one "weak" link and with Von in there it makes all the difference. Their fans must be p****d at him!!!! However, they can hope he shelves the stupidity long enough to get back on the field for the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs. Getting hurt is one thing, but when it is your own doing that hurts your team? Inexusable. I can't hate on Byrd when I see things like this.

PS Don't tell me to remove the Byrd comment and place in proper Byrd thread. ALL TBD threads eventually come back to Byrd ;)

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Another brilliant professional athlete.

In fairness, there are more regular Joes who do way dumber things. I agree he's being a moron but if he wasn't a pro athlete, who would care? He smokes weed and speeds (which seems like the opposite way a stoner would drive). Given the spotlight on him, he's an idiot. But in everyday America, he's far from a menace to society.

You'd think at this point the NFL would have an office that just monitors all their athletes to see if they have open cases. They have a public image problem and you'd think they would want to be proactive about it. If they had an office that knew about the athletes issues as they happened and then made sure that if the athlete didn't show for the court appearance at least they'd have an attorney there. How hard is it to remember you got a ticket and have an attorney go for you? I

You'd think at this point the NFL would have an office that just monitors all their athletes to see if they have open cases. They have a public image problem and you'd think they would want to be proactive about it. If they had an office that knew about the athletes issues as they happened and then made sure that if the athlete didn't show for the court appearance at least they'd have an attorney there. How hard is it to remember you got a ticket and have an attorney go for you? I

Pretty sure the person that committed the crime needs to be present for the hearing.

In fairness, there are more regular Joes who do way dumber things. I agree he's being a moron but if he wasn't a pro athlete, who would care? He smokes weed and speeds (which seems like the opposite way a stoner would drive). Given the spotlight on him, he's an idiot. But in everyday America, he's far from a menace to society.

He is fortunate and talented enough to work in an industry in which he earns more money than 99.99995% of the world's population, and is most certainly not a "regular Joe" -- he's an idiot. It has nothing to do with whether he's a "menace to society."

He is fortunate and talented enough to work in an industry in which he earns more money than 99.99995% of the world's population, and is most certainly not a "regular Joe" -- he's an idiot. It has nothing to do with whether he's a "menace to society."

Mort said on Mike & Mike today that he doesn't expect this other stuff to add onto his suspension because it is unrelated to tge substance abuse. Still, he should be extra careful and he just isn't.

Pretty sure the person that committed the crime needs to be present for the hearing.

Not for speeding tickets. You can have your attorney appear on your behalf. I got one two years ago in a different county and did just that. Never went to court, and it was reduced to a fine and no points. These guys basically need to be babysat and be walked through life.

• 2 weeks later...

Now it is reported that his suspension was longer because he was caught cheating by having a testing center employee substitute his sample for another.

It sure sounds like another player on the road to self destruction. It sounds like he thinks the laws and rules don't apply to him and he committed fraud.

It is not just a substance abuse issue.

Now it is reported that his suspension was longer because he was caught cheating by having a testing center employee substitute his sample for another.

It sure sounds like another player on the road to self destruction. It sounds like he thinks the laws and rules don't apply to him and he committed fraud.

It is not just a substance abuse issue.

The real bombshell being that the collector could have done it for others that skip offseason activities to work out on their own in Miami (many star players)

• 4 weeks later...

another of the "way to be smart" moves - miller is 2 hours late for court today. his attorney says it was his fault for telling him not to attend - how much mileage that has im not sure, but i dont know how much longer that would be my attorney if it actually was his mistake and not mine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/28/von-miller-shows-up-nearly-two-hours-late-for-court-date/