LAMP...can't sleep so I'll post

Beerball

Too tired to sleep I think...

Just finished cleaning up after having 40 something folks over for dinner. I made 2 kinds of pulled pork...a Carolina version and a Creole version. I also slow smoked a strip loin. The meal was fantastic, plenty of sides & my wife prepared oyster shooters (with or without vodka), sangria, mojitos and we had a 1/6 keg of beer. The young folks brought along a bottle of Crown Royal. The experience couldn't have been better. My brothers are here (Florida), other family members and lots of new family members.

Later today our son will get married to a wonderful young lady. We've watched the 2 of them together for seven years and the changes they have gone though have been dramatic. From a couple of kids to a couple of great young adults. They both graduated from TT last year which is when they became engaged. Philip is one year into his career as a mechanical engineer and his soon to be wife is in an intense accelerated nursing program and working as an ER Tech.

Congratulations to my eldest, my son. I'm terribly proud of the man you have become.

Congratulations John! Kelly says the same!

That is awesome, its an amazing day to get married. July 20. Three of the most important dates in American history. 44 years ago man landed on the moon. Also, Madonna first posed in Playboy today. And 32 years ago one of the most brilliant men of this world was born! I guess we have to add a 4Th! I am down with that!

Enjoy this day!

Congrats, kind sir. The food sounds delicious. I have a great NC style recipe, but I would love to see your ..... creole style recipe.

Your son and his wife-to-be sound like great people. Congrats to all of you and let the good times roll, baby!!

Congratulations John! Kelly says the same!

That is awesome, its an amazing day to get married. July 20. Three of the most important dates in American history. 44 years ago man landed on the moon. Also, Madonna first posed in Playboy today. And 32 years ago one of the most brilliant men of this world was born! I guess we have to add a 4Th! I am down with that!

Enjoy this day!

To which I'll add a fifth: My son proposed to his girlfriend yesterday.

Congrats BeerBall. Hope you had a blast on the 20th as well. Best wishes for your son and his new bride, and their long, happy life together.

What a party! Beach wedding, very nice ceremony; perfect backdrop for pictures. Reception was outstanding, fun was had by all. We grown ups turned the young people loose at about 10:30. They jumped on a party bus, I jumped in the rack.

Thanks all!

What a party! Beach wedding, very nice ceremony; perfect backdrop for pictures. Reception was outstanding, fun was had by all. We grown ups turned the young people loose at about 10:30. They jumped on a party bus, I jumped in the rack.

Thanks all!

:thumbsup: