Top 5 Bills Games of All Time

Just thought I would start a fun thread about what everyone thinks is the top 5 Bills games of all time. It has to be games that the Bills have won. Mine are

5- The 1998 "Flutie Bootleg Game" Against the Jaguars

4- The "No Punt Game" Against the 49ers

3- The "51-3" Killing of the Raiders in the 1990 AFC Championship Game

2- The "The Streak Ending Comeback Win" Against the Patriots in 2011

And last but not least

1- The "Greatest Comeback of All Time" Against the Oilers in the 1992 Wildcard

What do you think fellow Bills fans? What do you think are the greatest 5 Bills Games of all time?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'68 vs Jets, Namath picked 5 times, Bills win only game of year 37-35

'74 Opener, Raiders on MNF. 2 late Fergy to Rashad TD's to win 21-20

'80 vs Rams, Nick-Meyer OT win.

'89 Opener, @Dophins, Kelly QB draw for TD on last play of game for comeback win.

'65 Championship, @ San Diego. Injury depleted roster crushed Chargers in a shutout

'90 vs Broncos, 77 second miracle.

I could go on and on and on..

'89 Opener, @Dophins, Kelly QB draw for TD on last play of game for comeback win.

'65 Championship, @ San Diego. Injury depleted roster crushed Chargers in a shutout

Forgot about '74 opener. I was a little kid at my first night game. So cool!!

I'm only going with games from '79 and later, but in no particular order, these are the ones that always stick out in my memory:

'90 vs. Broncos (77 seconds)

'80 vs. Fish (breaking the streak -- even at the age of 11 I knew how big this was)

'93 vs. Oilers (comeback)

'90 vs. Raiders (AFC Champ)

And here's the strange one...'89 vs. Rams...3-2 Bills vs. 5-0 Rams, monday night at Rich, and Reich brought the Bills back twice in a wild 4th quarter. I was a senior in college watching the game out at a bar in Chapel Hill, going nuts.

But Chandler#81 is right, I could go on and on...really tough to limit this to 5.

The No-punt game...

The 51-3 shellacking of the Raiders

The 95 playoff win over the Dolphins - which sent Shula into retirement.

The 31-0 spanking of Tom Brady and the Patriots in the Season opener.

And of course the greatest comeback game of all-time.

I'm only going with games from '79 and later, but in no particular order, these are the ones that always stick out in my memory:

'90 vs. Broncos (77 seconds)

'80 vs. Fish (breaking the streak -- even at the age of 11 I knew how big this was)

'93 vs. Oilers (comeback)

'90 vs. Raiders (AFC Champ)

And here's the strange one...'89 vs. Rams...3-2 Bills vs. 5-0 Rams, monday night at Rich, and Reich brought the Bills back twice in a wild 4th quarter. I was a senior in college watching the game out at a bar in Chapel Hill, going nuts.

But Chandler#81 is right, I could go on and on...really tough to limit this to 5.

That was a classic MNF game! Reich was equally excellent the next 2 weeks vs Jets & Patriots.

Couple more, off the top of my head;

'89 @ Oilers, wild, high-scoring affair with Kelly to Reed in OT to win. Rookie Beebe's 1st TD bomb.

'87 vs. Oilers comeback win just before the strike.

'87 @ Dolphins comeback from 21 down to win on FG in OT, just after the strike. THAT'S when I knew we really had something going.

'73 vs Philly comeback nearly derailed until Tom Dempsey (Eagles) missed a Gimme at the gun to preserve the W.

'73 finale @ NYJ -Juice 2000 yards.

Not in any order.

1.Comeback against Houston.

2.1990 AFC Championship game.

3. 2011 Win against New England.

4.1988 Home win against the NYJets to clinch the AFC East. I was on the field.

5.1990 Home win against the Dolphins to clinch the AFC East and home field in the playoffs. I was on the field.

The No-punt game...

The 51-3 shellacking of the Raiders

The 95 playoff win over the Dolphins - which sent Shula into retirement.

The 31-0 spanking of Tom Brady and the Patriots in the Season opener.

And of course the greatest comeback game of all-time.

Had to look up that 95 game. Wow, can't believe I forgot it!

Great Boomer hightlights

Not strange at all. That was a critical victory in the trajectory of the franchise. It is a vividly remembered game for me too.

Kinda similar to the 77 seconds Broncos game-- a defining moment for those 90s teams.

oj at the rockpile versus niners and steelers on 72. The very last game at the rockpile versus the lions. Saw #81 make a great catch near rhe goaline

You must be young. How about '64 and '65 AFL Championship games.

Beating the Dolphins in '80 opener.

Thank you, Nuch, for representing. I was not alive for the '64 and '65 championship games but those are the first games I thought of when reading the OP's list.

...but man do I have a blast at the 1980 season opener against the Phins!!!

I will never forget that as long as I live, as well as the comeback, of which I was also in attendance.

Thank you, Nuch, for representing. I was not alive for the '64 and '65 championship games but those are the first games I thought of when reading the OP's list.

...but man do I have a blast at the 1980 season opener against the Phins!!!

I will never forget that as long as I live, as well as the comeback, of which I was also in attendance.

I was only 4 years old but have vague memories of my father being very happy.

To pick a few others not getting much love:

back to back wins over the fish in 1990 - one to win the division with Frank at QB, then the first playoff win of that year in the return of JK (yes I know there was a meaningless loss to Washington in between)

2002 Snow Game win over the fish

1973 finale - Juice gets 2000 yards

2000 season opener- payback win over the titans on Sunday night (and the first TBD Tailgate!) - Christie kicks go ahead FG with 35 seconds left then we have to "stay in our lanes" to seal the win.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

There are so many that you could put in here. Top 5 is tough- I'd expand to 10. Many good games were before my time, So i would miss many. But I would put the Houston comeback at # 1. Even the NFL recognizes that as one of the greatest games in it's history. The 51-3 destruction of the Raiders is top 5 too.

This is a good thread, it's cool to see what people think across multiple decades... I'll go with my top 5 in order of what they meant to me:

5. Opening day game against the Jets 1986 - Jim Kelly's first game, and the expectations were so high the city was about to explode

4. 2000 revenge game against the Titans, I haven't been that amped up for a rematch in my life, I was at the Music City Mistake game

3. 1990 win over the Broncos... within 77 seconds that game changed completely, and I thought for sure it was a loss.

2. 51-3 dismantling of the Raiders

1. Bills - Oilers 1993 playoff game - self explanatory, greatest game I have ever watched.

I'm sure not many will put a Bills loss on their lists, but that 1986 opener was electric, you couldn't calm your heart down just thinking about what Jim Kelly was going to do for that team.