In depth 2013 Bills assesment

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could maybe see that, as there is no game film on this new team, or QB and OC. I could also imagine that Brady will just carve this

defense, whatever they put out there.

Winning the AFCE?

I could maybe see that, as there is no game film on this new team, or QB and OC. I could also imagine that Brady will just carve this

Winning the AFCE?

Simply too many unknowns at this time. No reason not to dream big!

Winning the AFCE?

SoCal-Surf at a party:

"Excuse me while I squat over your punchbowl..."

The Bills are winning the AFCE without knowing who or what the starting QB is or can do?

Awesome.

:thumbdown:

Actually with the patriots offseason the way it is, this is a good year for some open competition for the AFC East crown. It is of course debatable if the Bills have the necessary talent and coaching to be part of that mix. The dolphins definitely are a more complete team and will challenge the Patriots for the East division. However, if the Bills have a few things fall their way, they could be in the thick of the race.

SoCal-Surf at a party:

"Excuse me while I squat over your punchbowl..."

Dude, that's a bit harsh.

I'm not one who's been duking all over us for a decade!

:doh:

I love my team, I would like for them to win once in a while, that's all.

Actually with the patriots offseason the way it is, this is a good year for some open competition for the AFC East crown. It is of course debatable if the Bills have the necessary talent and coaching to be part of that mix. The dolphins definitely are a more complete team and will challenge the Patriots for the East division. However, if the Bills have a few things fall their way, they could be in the thick of the race.

I understand and agree: I'm just thinking if it comes down to a close race at the end of the season, and you have The Hoodie and Brady on one sideline,

and Marrone and whoever on the other.

I still do not understand why we resigned Choice. I am not anti-Choice but with the two backs we already have I believe we should have tried something a little different - a Larry Centers type, maybe.

I am keeping my hopes on Woods at 50%. As a rookie, against our division he will face some good DC's. He definitely overstated the TE position - but our receivers are above average top to bottom, but starting talent may only be average.

He brings up a good point, we did not draft any OL this year. I did not understand this and if I had more time I would look at our scouts this year vs. the last few years. We've had good jems, why didn't we try to find one this year?

This defense, the more I hear about it, after him talking about it and what might happen - I would pay to spend a week with our defense to see what we could do. I could get very aggressive in mismatches. If Gilmore is as good as he was last year without improving at all I think we have a lot to base on. Brooks might very well be my starter at CB.

I have to say, I was surprised to hear him call our WRs the best in the division "by far". He clearly had no problem believing in our rookies. Sometimes in sports you get a group of kids together that don't know any better. They don't care about past history and they don't feel the weight of the city/team's past failures. Could this be one of those type of teams?

I have to say, I was surprised to hear him call our WRs the best in the division "by far". He clearly had no problem believing in our rookies. Sometimes in sports you get a group of kids together that don't know any better. They don't care about past history and they don't feel the weight of the city/team's past failures. Could this be one of those type of teams?

The guy also stated that Da'Rick could move up to #1WR and move everybody else back a slot. If that happens it won't be this year and it's a pretty big jump to even suggest such a thing at this stage. Da'Rick had one solid year in major college football and didn't get drafted. The NFL is littered with players who accomplished much more in college than Da'Rick but couldn't cut it in the pros. He'll be battling for a roster spot, not battling Stevie, at least in the immediate future.

The guy also stated that Da'Rick could move up to #1WR and move everybody else back a slot. If that happens it won't be this year and it's a pretty big jump to even suggest such a thing at this stage. Da'Rick had one solid year in major college football and didn't get drafted. The NFL is littered with players who accomplished much more in college than Da'Rick but couldn't cut it in the pros. He'll be battling for a roster spot, not battling Stevie, at least in the immediate future.

Very true, hence my surprise when he called our WRs tops in the division.

Keep in mind the AFCE probably has the worst receiving corps among all the divisions. We may not be the best "by far," as a lot of that is speculative, but I don't see a better group right now top to bottom.

Respectively, I don't think there's anything "definite" about it. Ryan Tannehill was a less accurate passer than Fitzpatrick and threw more interceptions than touchdowns. The Dolphins lost their best offensive weapon of the last several years in Reggie Bush, who represented more than 25% of offensive production. Despite his contribution, they were 27th in points scored and 27th in yards earned. I don't think there's anything definitive about it until we actually see some of these guys take the field. Clearly, there have been some substantially big changes for both teams. PS - if you're going to pull the defense argument, don't bother. The Dolphins were good in points allowed due to turnovers, which you cannot guarantee year to year. The teams were 21st and 22nd respectively in yards allowed. Also not that impressive.

Respectively, I don't think there's anything "definite" about it. Ryan Tannehill was a less accurate passer than Fitzpatrick and threw more interceptions than touchdowns. The Dolphins lost their best offensive weapon of the last several years in Reggie Bush, who represented more than 25% of offensive production. Despite his contribution, they were 27th in points scored and 27th in yards earned. I don't think there's anything definitive about it until we actually see some of these guys take the field. Clearly, there have been some substantially big changes for both teams. PS - if you're going to pull the defense argument, don't bother. The Dolphins were good in points allowed due to turnovers, which you cannot guarantee year to year. The teams were 21st and 22nd respectively in yards allowed. Also not that impressive.

Miami is definitely being overhyped. Tannehill didn't have a great season and I don't see him making a leap this year. They would win more games with Moore under center. Jonathan Martin at LT is a bit of a question mark, as is Lamar Miller, though there is reason to believe both will have some success. Talent wise, our defense has some unknowns but I can see us at the very least matching up with them.