Sorry Jerry, you may not have the largest....

video boards in a stadium soon....

NFL Team's Innovative Use Of Video Board

As part of a $63 million renovation to EverBank Field, the Jaguars plan on installing a pair of 55-feet-by-301-feet video boards, the largest in the country.

What are their plans?

Jags may show continuous RedZone on new video boards

How big will the new video screens at EverBank Field be? Big enough to accommodate the continuous broadcast of the RedZone Channel — throughout the game.

I wonder how they will hold up if a hurricane comes through.

video boards in a stadium soon....

NFL Team's Innovative Use Of Video Board

What are their plans?

Jags may show continuous RedZone on new video boards

Continuous RedZone during the game?

Personally I think it's a stupid idea. For one thing why would you want to distract the live audience from an actual game being played in front of them?

Imagine everyone in the stadium (including the players and coaches on the sidelines) being distracted by a big play in another game.

To me that's like showing a movie to an audience of people attending a play.

Of course we live in an ADD world.

Agree, but this is what desperation looks like.

That's a big part of it.

Another aspect is that many people these days do have something analogous to ADD and are "multi-tasking" more than ever before. They can't sit still and take in the environment because that's a waste of time. In those "dead" 30 seconds, they could be doing "something" like texting or checking scores, etc.

A related part of that is the NFL initiative to have Wi-Fi in every stadium as a portal to additional camera angles, concierge services, etc.

The world has changed so much in such a short time and there's a part of that which is really sad and not really an improvement.

I can see a day where a significant first down is made by one of the teams and half the crowd is watching a different game on the Jumbotron while the other half has their heads buried in their smart phones and no one (relatively speaking) is really watching the game.

I can see a day where a significant first down is made by one of the teams and half the crowd is watching a different game on the Jumbotron while the other half has their heads buried in their smart phones and no one (relatively speaking) is really watching the game.

You mean like last year?

ADD society or not, we are now provided E-alternatives in abundance, never before available. If 'your' team is sucking on the field, why curse and get upset if you don't have to? Sure, it's depressing to follow a terrible team and often unhealthy. Personally, I get so pissed, no one wants to be around me- and I can't blame them! As a displaced Bills fan, I often payed my tab at halftime and left for the comfort of my home to watch RedZone. IF the Bills came on, I'd switch. When we have 'Family Football Days', the Bills get priority. But when they start sucking, the channel gets changed so the afternoon doesn't devolve into a swear-fest with children and grandchildren in attendance. In these instances, my attention-deficit is a good thing! The RedZone channel is the perfect foil for ADD. I just hope they keep it commercial free.. AND, I'm hoping to finally watch full Bills games again!

You mean like last year?

ADD society or not, we are now provided E-alternatives in abundance, never before available. If 'your' team is sucking on the field, why curse and get upset if you don't have to? Sure, it's depressing to follow a terrible team and often unhealthy. Personally, I get so pissed, no one wants to be around me- and I can't blame them! As a displaced Bills fan, I often payed my tab at halftime and left for the comfort of my home to watch RedZone. IF the Bills came on, I'd switch. When we have 'Family Football Days', the Bills get priority. But when they start sucking, the channel gets changed so the afternoon doesn't devolve into a swear-fest with children and grandchildren in attendance. In these instances, my attention-deficit is a good thing! The RedZone channel is the perfect foil for ADD. I just hope they keep it commercial free.. AND, I'm hoping to finally watch full Bills games again!

Turning off the Bills to avoid cursing in front of children? That is blasphemy!!!. The kiddies can handle pops getting all liquored up cursing at the TV while his favorite team is costing him money with a bookie

:D

This is the point exactly.

Not to mention at some points those large screens will show money generating advertising.

And they'll probably be able to figure out what to advertise based on the audience's personal searches. I looked on ebay for a particular shirt and now everytime I come to TBD their advertisement and website is sitting right in my face. I don't like that that's happened to me, anybody know how to stop this?

And they'll probably be able to figure out what to advertise based on the audience's personal searches. I looked on ebay for a particular shirt and now everytime I come to TBD their advertisement and website is sitting right in my face. I don't like that that's happened to me, anybody know how to stop this?

don't agree to letting them use a cookie to track you

Buy something else :P

Donottrackme.com (Ithink is what it is called) adblocker works on FB too I have heard (not sure about here) BTW, my Donottrackme says this website has 0 trackers.

Continuous RedZone during the game?

Personally I think it's a stupid idea. For one thing why would you want to distract the live audience from an actual game being played in front of them?

Imagine everyone in the stadium (including the players and coaches on the sidelines) being distracted by a big play in another game.

To me that's like showing a movie to an audience of people attending a play.

Of course we live in an ADD world.

Why not? The Jags haven't been very entertaining to watch with the exception of the Texans shoot out they had. I watched that on RedZone incidentally.

Try Ghostery - http://www.ghostery.com/