TJ is a seahawk again

Insane all the way around. But, old news. (see dateline)

I'm excited about our draft this year and the rookie FA's, so it remains to be seen if the loss of the pick had negative connotations.

Fairly sure it was a 7th Rounder..

In some ways being a bench riding backup QB may be one of the best jobs out there. You can make a ton of money and not expose your body to the pounding that the starter must take. Sure you make less but later in life you will live better and still have some serious coin.

Aren't there quite a few veteran backup QBs out there that make a few mil? In fact , the average salary for a backup QB is around $1.67 mil? I don't get why people are so obssessed with the whole TJax episode.

Because we traded a Draft Pic for him but he never played a down as we died an ugly death with Fitz at the helm. Then, after the season, we (Buddy) signed him to a new, more $$ contract to compete for the vacant position. But after we Drafted Manuel, we kicked him to the curb. Obsessively ridiculous!

Still don't understand the whole TJax thing. Oh well, wish him luck.

I think it was a disagreement between Buddy and Chan...jmo. Having said that, I don't think he's a good QB.

Edited by nucci

I think it was a disagreement between Buddy and Chan...jmo. Having said that, I don't think he's a good QB.

I don't think he's a great QB, but there's no reason to believe he wasn't the best QB on the roster last year ... and quite possibly would have been this year, too. He's better than Kolb. I believe that with 100% certainty.

Because we traded a Draft Pic for him but he never played a down as we died an ugly death with Fitz at the helm. Then, after the season, we (Buddy) signed him to a new, more $$ contract to compete for the vacant position. But after we Drafted Manuel, we kicked him to the curb. Obsessively ridiculous!

Actually the bolded part is the only reason I could see for having him at all. Insurance policy in case they did not get a QB they wanted in the draft, Once they secured Manuel they no longer had a need for TJax.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Actually the bolded part is the only reason I could see for having him at all. Insurance policy in case they did not get a QB they wanted in the draft, Once they secured Manuel they no longer had a need for TJax.

My only reservation is that if they wanted a veteran backup, why keep Kolb and not Jackson? In addition to sucking, Kolb is also fragile. I want EJ Manuel to start immediately. Even if Jackson was still on the roster, I'd want Manuel to start. I'd just feel better having Jackson a) mentoring him and b) backing him up.

I see zero good coming from Kolb being on the roster.

My only reservation is that if they wanted a veteran backup, why keep Kolb and not Jackson? In addition to sucking, Kolb is also fragile. I want EJ Manuel to start immediately. Even if Jackson was still on the roster, I'd want Manuel to start. I'd just feel better having Jackson a) mentoring him and b) backing him up.

I see zero good coming from Kolb being on the roster.

I understand having a low opinion on Kolb but I don't get Jackson. Any time I saw him play he was more a runner than passer and not a good one.

I understand having a low opinion on Kolb but I don't get Jackson. Any time I saw him play he was more a runner than passer and not a good one.

Oh, don't confuse me with thinking that Jackson is a high quality QB (I can see where you would think I think that, though). I just shiver when I think of Kolb taking the field. I just think that Jackson is a better QB than Kolb and I'd feel more secure with Jackson backing up Manuel.

In the end, it is not a big deal, I suppose (teams waste money like this all the time, draft pick notwithstanding), but the thing I found really curious was that Jackson re-signed with the Bills earlier this off-season. I thought it was odd on both ends....from the Blls and Jacksons perspective.

You could look at it (as I probably would if i was him) that he kind of got screwed over by the Bills, but, an outsider view might be that he might not have a ton of confidence in his own abilities, or in the desire for his services elsewhere in the NFL.

Incidentally, I read somewhere in the last day or two, that Jackson could very well be cut by the Seahawks before the summer is over...if that happens, he most likely signs with a team that suffers an injury at the position.

Edited by Buftex

Oh, don't confuse me with thinking that Jackson is a high quality QB (I can see where you would think I think that, though). I just shiver when I think of Kolb taking the field. I just think that Jackson is a better QB than Kolb and I'd feel more secure with Jackson backing up Manuel.

Ok, sounds fair.

$hitt happens.

He was always an insurance policy--and a wasted 7th round pick and some of Ralph's money were the premium they paid to have that coverage. Then they shopped around (i.e., the draft), got better coverage for less money (EJ) and said "Thanks TJ for letting us sleep at night, goodbye and good luck."

No big deal...

I picked the wrong profession.

Completely. Why didn't you decide to be be an NFL QB? What were you thinking? I too foolishly chose to claw my way to middle management for a negligible fraction of a third string NFL QB salary.

That aside T Jax was only going to see the field if Fitz got injured and after watching thigpen stink up the joint for a couple starts. He was plan c that they thought they could bring along to be competative later on.

$hitt happens.

He was always an insurance policy--and a wasted 7th round pick and some of Ralph's money were the premium they paid to have that coverage. Then they shopped around (i.e., the draft), got better coverage for less money (EJ) and said "Thanks TJ for letting us sleep at night, goodbye and good luck."

No big deal...

If you consider an insurance policy to be a QB that doesn't get to look at the playbook OR practice reps. Then you must have e-surance.