Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

I actually checked out Wiki but missed his college shenanigans because they mysteriously included them in the section on his pro career, not his college career.

Thanks though Nanker.

I also wanted to apologize to Marauder and WEO for my extra portions of rudeness last night.

I'm sincerely sorry if I was insulting and I appreciate you guys showing good restraint and not playing to my level.

Kudos and cheers.

Ha, you are fine, and I may be one of the worst. I don't take this stuff that seriously, and sometimes try to fan flames a bit, but I think that can bring out more impassioned responses from people. A little competitive spirit for the board can be good, but sometimes it is a negative. You are rarely abrasive, and I respect your views.

I actually can't stand Hernandez, and took an immediate disliking to him the first time I saw him play. And I hope they can get rid of some of the creeps that populate the league. It's just that I don't know what the standards should be, or even if AH would have technically been beneath them.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article and some pictures from today's jersey exchange....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/huge-line-forms-england-patriots-fans-trade-aaron-161819095.html

Patriots fans started lining up at 7:30 am to return Hernandez jerseys today. More than 100 in line before store doors opened at 9:30

The most popular jerseys exiting the ProShop belonged to Rob Gronkowski, Vince Wilfork and Tom Brady.

I actually checked out Wiki but missed his college shenanigans because they mysteriously included them in the section on his pro career, not his college career.

Thanks though Nanker.

I also wanted to apologize to Marauder and WEO for my extra portions of rudeness last night.

I'm sincerely sorry if I was insulting and I appreciate you guys showing good restraint and not playing to my level.

Kudos and cheers.

I take no offense, SJBF. It's all in good fun. I like the give and take. (Check your PM).

i already felt dirty agreeing with weo... now your apologizing to him and crediting his restraint.... i dont know what to make of all this.

Hey!

Look--you're "NoSAint". I'm sure you've done worse than simply agreeing with reason....er, me!

http://www.usatoday....nandez/2494937/

Looks like a predictable crowd with 20/20 hindsight has taken to blaming Urban Meyer for enabling Hernandez to become a killer. God I hate people sometimes. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Pathetic. I'm no Urban Meyer fan and I despise all sports programs for Florida, Florida State and Miami - - - but to say Meyer was an enabler is ridiculous.

If Hernandez ended up with a HOF career, Meyer and Florida would have been heroes and miracle workers in the same eyes as those calling them enablers.

Pathetic. I'm no Urban Meyer fan and I despise all sports programs for Florida, Florida State and Miami - - - but to say Meyer was an enabler is ridiculous.

If Hernandez ended up with a HOF career, Meyer and Florida would have been heroes and miracle workers in the same eyes as those calling them enablers.

urban definitely didnt run a good or clean program at UF from everything weve heard... if not for tebow we may have heard a lot more.... but i agree that acting as if he contributed to the murder somehow is absurd.

Edited by NoSaint

For perspective on what a trainwreck that team was... i just saw the stat that in 2008 UF had 120 players including walkons, and that roster has accounted for 41 arrests already

thats not to tie anything to hernandez here, just a statistic that i think reflects the type of program he ran.

For perspective on what a trainwreck that team was... i just saw the stat that in 2008 UF had 120 players including walkons, and that roster has accounted for 41 arrests already

thats not to tie anything to hernandez here, just a statistic that i think reflects the type of program he ran.

College football should be played by college students. College students who are smart enough to attend college. College students who have acceptable attendance and grades in courses that are part of a degree program.

There needs to be a place for aspiring NFL athletes to play football without blocking aspiring college graduates from school.

That place needs to be affiliated with the NFL and the aspiring players should be paid. Different topic for a different day, but it makes me sick that this gangsta got a "college education," while someone else - smart enough, but not rich enough - didn't.

College football should be played by college students. College students who are smart enough to attend college. College students who have acceptable attendance and grades in courses that are part of a degree program.

There needs to be a place for aspiring NFL athletes to play football without blocking aspiring college graduates from school.

That place needs to be affiliated with the NFL and the aspiring players should be paid. Different topic for a different day, but it makes me sick that this gangsta got a "college education," while someone else - smart enough, but not rich enough - didn't.

agreed that its a different topic for a different day. im a big fan of people questioning programs run like urban ran his, but definitely not in the context of putting blame for AHs alleged actions at his feet.

the percy harvin chokeslamming a position coach story has been something that left a terrible impression of him as a head coach, and its far from the only incident or player that would make you wonder how in the heck they were even in the program in the first place... an unfortunate reality of college sports.

Edited by NoSaint

"It drastically diminishes chances for rehabilitation. And according to some studies, prisoners released directly from supermax confinement have significantly higher recidivism rates."

Yes, because the kinds of people found in maximum security prisons, especially those in solitary confinement, are highly unlikely to commit another crime once out of prison.

While I agree with the rest, that isn't really on spot. Just because the football player didn't get a scholarship, it wouldn't necessarily mean that a scholarship would go to a different person. No football team, wouldn't mean the school starts giving more scholarships to low-income medical students or something.

Football brings in massive revenue to schools, and while I don't have stats, I'm sure that some of it benefits other students/the facilities/other types of scholarships. That's where there is probably lots of room for improvement, and where more of the money should be directed.

"It drastically diminishes chances for rehabilitation. And according to some studies, prisoners released directly from supermax confinement have significantly higher recidivism rates."

Yes, because the kinds of people found in maximum security prisons, especially those in solitary confinement, are highly unlikely to commit another crime once out of prison.

probably two sides to that coin - i have a hard time believing our prisons are doing much for rehabilitation. thats not to say they should be country clubs either....