How Long Have You Been A Bills Fan And When Did You Know?

H2o

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sunday afternoons in the fall I would sit in front of our little TV with my dad and he would tell me to "watch number 32." In 1976 I went on a summer camp field trip to Niagara University to watch the Bills' training camp. I was seven. Of course every little kid there wanted to see O.J., and of course that was the summer he held out. I went to my first game at Rich in 1979. Steve Grogan threw two bombs to Stanley Morgan and we lost to the Patriots. No matter. I was hooked for life. Loved the '80-'81 Chuck Knox teams. Suffered through the mid-'80s when we went 8-40 over three seasons. Soared and crashed with the four SB teams. Have endured since. My son, now 10, is a dyed-in-the-wool fan. I have apologized to him for this on several occasions.

1964. My best friend's dad had season on the visitor side 13 rows up on the 45. Got on the field during games. Really hooked as a bills fan

Used watch the games somewhat snowy picture from a rochester tv station, lived in the southtowns. My dad had a rotarry set up on his roof

Since birth, but it was really cemented for me on a Monday Night game against the LA Rams in 1989. Kelly was out and it was Frank Reich's first start. The Rams were unbeaten and favored. Reich lead the team back from behind. It was a fantastic game.

Despite living in Chicago my whole life, I found myself following the Bills closely in 1989. I think I officially adopted then as "my team" during the playoff game in 89' vs Cleveland when Beebe got flipped on his head. Been a Bills fanatic ever since, I don't follow the local team (Bears) at all.

I was born and raised in Niagara Falls, NY and I became a Bills fan because all my friends were! Would play football all over the neighborhood and being a Bills fan was part of the requirements to take part. I attended numerous games throughout the years, my most memorable being in a box for a Bills Eagles game. My then girlfriend, now wife, suffered through the Superbowl losses, but those seasons cemented my relationship with her family at our weekly Bills parties! Good food, loads of beer, and the fun of watching the Bills.

When I was very young (pre-6 year old), the only sport I cared about was basketball...but my dad and older brother were into football...they lured me in, sometime in 1971..my folks got me a pair of Buffalo Bills pajamas...my first name, being Dennis was somehow linked with Dennis Shaw...so he was my first sports hero...didn't matter if he was good or not... started tossing a ball around in the yard by myself..."Dennis passes it to Shaw"... part of family-lore, after Shaw was gone it became "OJ passes it to Simpson"...what a dip-****! :lol:

My mom took me to my first game in Nov. 1981...I was born in Septemeber that year

When I became a fan: became a season ticket holder 1985 and continued the trend until I was 22 years old

Sadly, I'm no longer a season ticket, but I do follow the team 24/7 in Utah

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I was born a Bills fan. The day the doctor pulled me out and slapped my bottom I screamed "Go Bills"

1968.... I've been surrounded by Bills football and Sabres hockey since day 1

Edited by Snorom

I was born and raised in Niagara Falls, NY and I became a Bills fan because all my friends were! Would play football all over the neighborhood and being a Bills fan was part of the requirements to take part. I attended numerous games throughout the years, my most memorable being in a box for a Bills Eagles game. My then girlfriend, now wife, suffered through the Superbowl losses, but those seasons cemented my relationship with her family at our weekly Bills parties! Good food, loads of beer, and the fun of watching the Bills.

Does your username mean you're now living in Catskill?