Family of evicted fan sue local government agencies

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad. Its already a terrible tragedy, now the family has to try and steal some money from the county because a lawyer says they can. If I was the guy who died and my family did this I would roll over in my grave. Maybe the county should just hire babysitters for every drunk person who wanders around at night.

Too bad. Its already a terrible tragedy, now the family has to try and steal some money from the county because a lawyer says they can. If I was the guy who died and my family did this I would roll over in my grave. Maybe the county should just hire babysitters for every drunk person who wanders around at night.

Once they take him in, and know the condition he's in they likely owe him some level of care/service. That said, didnt the family try to pull the "he wasnt that drunk" card already?

I read the article, it says around 1AM he fell into the creek. 1AM? If he was ejected at half-time (it was a night game wasn't it?), that would put the time around 10PM - 3 hours before he fell. Did he keep drinking? Did he get in a fight? Lots of questions. It will be interesting to know his blood alcohol and how he spent his last 3 hours. It's a sad story, but I don't think anyone other than that young man was responsible, but the gov't agencies could settle to save on the legal costs.

It is a shame that such a young man died, but it was as a result of his own poor judgement. Sorry, but take some personal responsibility. If he was at the gamr with family members as was stated, why did one of them not step up and take care of this young man. The death was very sad, the lawsuit just as sad.

It is a shame that such a young man died, but it was as a result of his own poor judgement. Sorry, but take some personal responsibility. If he was at the gamr with family members as was stated, why did one of them not step up and take care of this young man. The death was very sad, the lawsuit just as sad.

I agree with all of this...very, very well said.

So sad that a young man is gone; frivolous lawsuit.

Greedy scumbags. Yeah, your fellow citizens should pay you millions of dollars because the guy was a drunk idiot.

My thoughts exactly...This kid made some bad mistakes, it was on him, it was tragic...Now the parents are trying to profit off that, at the expense of others.

Bottom line is, as an adult you cannot expect the county or anyone else to be responsible for your drinking habits.

I'd like to think optimistically that city will defeat such a lawsuit, but they will probably offer a multi-million dollar agreement on top of the legal costs the country will face. Tack on a few mil for unnecessary lighting and fencing in an area where no one should be in the first place.

Enjoy celebrating your kid's death with a windfall of money.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I've got inside information on this and let me just say this family deserves nothing. It's a shame they are suing. Don't he me wrong, you lost a love one, very tragic. Very sorry to hear. But let it go already.

As far as my inside information, I won't talk about it here, but let me just say that it Didnt go down the way it was reported.

Bottom line is, as an adult you cannot expect the county or anyone else to be responsible for your drinking habits.

i dont know enough of the behind the scenes on this individual, but i can say that as an adult the law does put a variety of people on the hook with regards to your drinking, depending on the situation. the server, professionals charged with your care if you come into contact with them, etc....

I've got inside information on this and let me just say this family deserves nothing. It's a shame they are suing. Don't he me wrong, you lost a love one, very tragic. Very sorry to hear. But let it go already.

As far as my inside information, I won't talk about it here, but let me just say that it Didnt go down the way it was reported.

What didn't go down the way it was reported, can you speak on that? The evening of the death or the decision to sue?

Lol yea "drink responsible" is now "when you don't drink responsible just sue"

All this is going to do is make the rules worse for everyone else. Remember when a stadium makes a rule don't blame them, blame the people who sue. It is the exact same with NFL rule changes, when a bunch of player sue you, don't expect the rules to stay the same.

Edited by EJ3

Of course there is a lawsuit as no one is accountable for their own actions. Chances are this will be settled out of court with no admittance of guilt as it will be undoubtedly cheaper to settle then go through a long drawn out court case that could cost millions...

If the plaintiff was completely black out drunk and any reasonable person could see that, it could be considered negligence for someone in a position of power, be it a security guard or a member of the medical staff, to let that person out into the cold under their own volition. While I recognize the importance of championing accountability, if the facts indicate that this kid was totally out of it, their is an argument for shifting some of the liability for his death over to the cognizant individuals who decided where he'd go.

Edited by TaskerTough

If the plaintiff was completely black out drunk and any reasonable person could see that, it could be considered negligence for someone in a position of power, be it a security guard or a member of the medical staff, to let that person out into the cold under their own volition. While I recognize the importance of championing accountability, if the facts indicate that this kid was totally out of it, their is an argument for shifting some of the liability for his death over to the cognizant individuals who decided where he'd go.

I doubt he was near people with authority for long. Drunk people don't flock towards them they usually flock towards the area without them. I hate blaming a guy doing his job like security or medical staff. All the blame should be on the idiot who died and whoever he came to the game with. THAT'S IT

Edited by EJ3