Most Overrated Player

I started the thread the other day on the most underrated player on the roster. It is now time for the opposite which is sure to be more contentious -the most overrated player currently on the roster. There are some names that I am sure that we will see but I guess that I'll start and get crushed. I think that right now Kyle Williams would be my nomination. He was great for a while but he isn't good vs. the run and injuries have slowed him. He is still a solid player but I do not think he is one of the best couple players on the team anymore.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easley is funny--a WR wtihout a catch. But he's a scrub, not really a player.

Byrd is the best player on this team, save for pehaps CJ.

Has to be Mario. Needlessly overpaid for him (coming off injury, former team didn't want him/much better without him, no bidding war) and he was the centerpice of a defense that was no better (awful) with him than without. Throw in that he was whining about a rookie benchwarmer manhandling in in game 1 and he is the current clubhouse leader for most over rated Bill.

Easley is funny--a WR wtihout a catch. But he's a scrub, not really a player.

I suppose, but I was weighing actual results vs. fan opinions of / investment in the player. Mario may have had some underwhelming games, but he put together a statistically respectable season on a defense that flat-out sucked.

Easley has been the Great Pumpkin of Bills receivers. Year after year many fans think that he's finally going to arrive, with nothing but their deflated hopes to show for it. I've seen this guy called a starter, a potential star, etc, while he has produced less than James Hardy.

As far being as overrated by the rest of the league, I just don't think I have enough info to make a case...

Stevie...the media rates him right about where he should be, but fans here have him over rated for what he's done so far.

I like him and am optimistic he can get better, but he's been over rated here up to this point.

Ray Lewis

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/baltimore-ravens-ray-lewis-overrated-145100374.html

I know he's not a Bill, but this is a more interesting tangent. Funny article too - the writer starts off declaring himself the objective voice of reason & devolves to a raging fanboy by the end.

At some point you should google his career numbers vs. London Fletcher's...they are really close

Young Player: Glenn. Thought he started off strong and was abysmal after returning from injury. Yet, many feel he's the next great LT and Buddy fleeced the other 31.

Veteran: Bryan Scott. I just don't see the value/need for keeping him around. He's supposed to be the "Gronk" stopper and match up with TEs, yet he gets killed by them every freaking year. No to mention he's not much good in the run game. But alas, he's "good in the locker room."

Honorable Mention: Freddy

Edited by stony

Today: K Williams/M Dareus: At least until they prove they can start controlling the middle and stopping the run.

Until very recently: Tavaris Jackson. He is a terrible QB; it's laughable how many people were bent out of shape that he never played.

All-time: Roscoe Parrish. The love affair wtih an above-average punt returner who never did sh-- as a WR is still beyond comprehension.