Most underrated player

I'm gonna go with Chandler. The guy catches pretty much everything thrown in his direction and by the end of last year, he had really transformed himself from a reliable red zone target into a guy who could make plays in the open field. I think given the right situation he could be one of the better tight ends in the league.

A. Moats

Either a) you don't follow the team very closely because the guy is useless or b) this is a feeble attempt at humor. Not sure what you're going for on that one.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As CJ Spiller has (rightfully) ascended amongst Bills fans, Fred Jackson has fallen off the radar, it seems.

I think CJ is not really underrated. Fred anyone? The guy is always the underdog and at some point this year, the Bills will need to depend on him. I hope the old dog tears it up.

I'm gonna go with Chandler. The guy catches pretty much everything thrown in his direction and by the end of last year, he had really transformed himself from a reliable red zone target into a guy who could make plays in the open field. I think given the right situation he could be one of the better tight ends in the league.

I thought about chandler - the board tends to run hot and cold on him. Personally I think he's a bit like Stevie- has some production, consistent, you know what your getting, lacks elite measureables. The type of player any coach would like to have but ultimately, once you start listing out tightends he falls like 15-20 ish (ie average to slightly below among #1 type tightends)..... Atleast he did last year when we had this talk before re-signing him, and I don't think he changed that ranking with his play although there might've been some shuffling in that area based on others play

Edited by NoSaint

I thought about chandler - the board tends to run hot and cold on him. Personally I think he's a bit like Stevie- has some production, consistent, you know what your getting, lacks elite measureables. The type of player any coach would like to have but ultimately, once you start listing out tightends he falls like 15-20 ish (ie average to slightly below among #1 type tightends)..... Atleast he did last year when we had this talk before re-signing him, and I don't think he changed that ranking with his play although there might've been some shuffling in that area based on others play

I'll give you that. I think relative to their positions, they're probably pretty close right now. I do think Chandler's ceiling is a little higher though. I think in the right offense he could be a top 5-10 tight end in the league. I've been pretty bullish on Chandler for awhile now.

I'll give you that. I think relative to their positions, they're probably pretty close right now. I do think Chandler's ceiling is a little higher though. I think in the right offense he could be a top 5-10 tight end in the league. I've been pretty bullish on Chandler for awhile now.

I don't think he'll ever be the gronk, graham type of tightend to get in the top 5 but he could easily work into the fringe of the top 10 - truly that amounts to "slightly above average" which isn't a stretch for him

I don't think he'll ever be the gronk, graham type of tightend to get in the top 5 but he could easily work into the fringe of the top 10 - truly that amounts to "slightly above average" which isn't a stretch for him

I always think of someone like Owen Daniels as a fringe top 10. Last year he had 62 catches for 716 yards and 6 TDs. I think that Chandler absolutely has a chance to be in that range.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I always think of someone like Owen Daniels as a fringe top 10. Last year he had 62 catches for 716 yards and 6 TDs. I think that Chandler absolutely has a chance to be in that range.

Definitely.

I don't think he gets much higher on the list than that, but no reason with good qb play, health, the right scheme etc....he wouldn't be able to be part of that crowd on the edge. Probably a fair argument to be made he's in that fringe group already, just don't see him a solid top ten guy.

Bryan Scott? but hard to argue with your Urbik pick. I say Scott because year after year, he contributes consistently and effectively. A true professional, shows up, plays well, and is a good citizen.

Bryan Scott is a class act. Last year, his play was consistently bad. The rest of what you say is true.

Bryan Scott is a class act. Last year, his play was consistently bad. The rest of what you say is true.

Ill beat the drum of "no player was more hurt by mics on lineman than #43"

The phrase 43 is the mike has left his reputation damaged more than his actual play. He wasnt stellar but for a backup/rotational tweener he wasn't awful

I'd be satisfied with that.

Bryan Scott was awful against the run, but is pretty good in pass coverage.

I don't know that Stevie is underrated, but when we're talking underrated plays, that time Fitz got picked off in the Indy game and Stevie ran him down and forced a fumble to keep us in the game was huge. Didn't get much attention since we still lost, but an underappreciated play nonetheless.

Definitely.

I don't think he gets much higher on the list than that, but no reason with good qb play, health, the right scheme etc....he wouldn't be able to be part of that crowd on the edge. Probably a fair argument to be made he's in that fringe group already, just don't see him a solid top ten guy.

I would agree with Chandler being one of the more underrated players on the team. The offense suffered when he was injured. IMO, if the draft is any indication, Chandler might be a fish out of water in this pending offensive scheme, though. Unless they value him as a reliable checkdown option, I feel drafting Gragg and shifting Dickerson around suggest they're looking to generate more vertical production out of the position. Edited by transient

I would agree with Chandler being one of the more underrated players on the team. The offense suffered when he was injured. IMO, if the draft is any indication, Chandler might be a fish out of water in this pending offensive scheme, though. Unless they value him as a reliable checkdown option, I feel drafting Gragg and shifting Dickerson around suggest they're looking to generate more vertical production out of the position.

This is a good take.

I like Chandler but I'm apprehensive about the fit too. When you factor in his averageness as a blocker…

Still, good coaches find a way to play to their players strengths so there's that too.

Bryan Scott was awful against the run, but is pretty good in pass coverage.

I don't know that Stevie is underrated, but when we're talking underrated plays, that time Fitz got picked off in the Indy game and Stevie ran him down and forced a fumble to keep us in the game was huge. Didn't get much attention since we still lost, but an underappreciated play nonetheless.

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten that play great hustle by S Johnson :thumbsup:

Bryan Scott can hit. He looked as bad as anyone else last season though

I would say that Aaron Williams has more game and ball skills than he has been able to show at corner and should be an actual asset to the D at safety.

Darius seems to get a lot of unnecessary heat here for not as many game breaking plays as a #3 pick should be making, but I believe he is solid and should make a good step forward with such a more attacking defense around him. I believe I heard on the Murphy show a few weeks ago that PFF or one of those analytics sites had him as a top 20 DT or something, and that was with probably the most vanilla scheme in the league.

This is what I am hoping. A Williams was projected as a safety coming out and perhaps he can be quite good there. He is just not a man-man corner in the Nfl. Maybe as a safety (I feel like he was alway solid in tackling and run support) he can make what may be the inevitable departure of Byrd a little more palatable.

Just don't get your hate for the guy. He's done more in 3 seasons than any othe WR in Bills history yet you still hate him. He loves the team and the city and is liked by probably all his team mates and most fans and yet you still hate him.

I like Stevie but that argument is just nails on a chalkboard for me. Just makes me cringe.

How about reed 89-91 or even better, moulds 98-2002, really, although 98-2000 were especially impressive in dwarfing Stevie's last 3. But I suppose one year Stevie had 1004 while moulds had 994

But back on topic....