Morbid, but interesting: Last living photos of dead people

Buftex

You could see the pain in the Zappa and Harrison pictures. The RFK picture was disturbing. And the Challenger Crew picture was just sad; that picture likely caught each of them at one of the happiest/most-exciting moments of their lives.

You could see the pain in the Zappa and Harrison pictures. The RFK picture was disturbing. And the Challenger Crew picture was just sad; that picture likely caught each of them at one of the happiest/most-exciting moments of their lives.

That was the one that got to me the most too, for the same reason. I was thinking about what they were thinking when that picture was taken...all the things they thought they would be telling people about their experience...life can be short.

Also, seeing Lennon siging an autograph for the guy who would murder him just a little while later...

FDR died of exhaustion?

And Steve Irwin died of a "stingray accident."

I know those aren't the last pictures of Steve Irwin and the Challenger crew - I've seen pictures of Irwin underwater before the stingray stung him, and pictures of the Challenger crew in the shuttle before liftoff.

Elvis was only 42 when he died? Man, those were some hard miles.

The Bhutto and JFK pictures are also pretty chilling.....hers was just seconds before she died, can't tell where Kennedy's car was, but must have been close to his end too.

doesn't the ghandi picture show a person with a gun in front of him? i couldn't tell, nor do i remember the circumstances of his assassination

Elvis was only 42 when he died? Man, those were some hard miles.

The Bhutto and JFK pictures are also pretty chilling.....hers was just seconds before she died, can't tell where Kennedy's car was, but must have been close to his end too.

I like seeing the after pictures, too. The gore ones, that is.

Suicide is not a form of death... Hitler died by a gunshot wound to the head. Just sayin.

I did not know that Ann Frank died at age 15.

Seeing Pryor like that, man... wow.

Could not possibly agree with you more.

Could not agree with you less. But, I soooo wanted her to live. I wanted to trade Lindsay, Britney and whoever else was on the edge in last 5-10 years to save Amy, but I knew she'd be the one to go.

Could not agree with you less. But, I soooo wanted her to live. I wanted to trade Lindsay, Britney and whoever else was on the edge in last 5-10 years to save Amy, but I knew she'd be the one to go.

She was a very rare true talent. I knew it would end this way, but I SO hoped it wouldn't. Her music is fantastic.

Kind of splitting hairs. "Suicide" is more informative than "gunshot wound" given the circumstances.

I think they should be specific. Instead of assassin, say gunshot wound to the head by an assassin. Instead of suicide, say self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

I think they took the article down.

Damn, I think you're right. I had only scrolled through about 6-8 of them. They weren't that exciting - looked like every other picture of FDR I've ever seen, etc. and the slideshow was going so slow that I bailed.

Now the ones everybody is talking about must have been after that, so I was going to back to it, and it's not working!

Damn, I think you're right. I had only scrolled through about 6-8 of them. They weren't that exciting - looked like every other picture of FDR I've ever seen, etc. and the slideshow was going so slow that I bailed.

Now the ones everybody is talking about must have been after that, so I was going to back to it, and it's not working!

Most of them were unremarkable pictures of musicians or actors sitting around who later killed themselves via drugs in some other setting. Overall it was somewhat disappointing.