LASIK ... has anyone had it?

CosmicBills

Hey all,

Thinking about getting LASIK finally and was curious as to how many folks out there have had the procedure done. Do you reccommend it? I'm interested in anyone who's had it for 10 years or so (to see if they're still happy with it).

Thanks in advance!

I had it done ~14 or 15 yrs ago. Yes, I personally was happy w/ it, but I will concede it is a tradeoff of a few factors. Briefly, I'd say that if you're willing/able to wear contacts rather than glasses, it's prolly not worth the tradeoff/risk. I couldn't wear contacts & had ~12 or so yrs of primarily not wearing glasses. I now wear them most of the time. The reason I don't get an "enhancement" is that were I to do so, I would then need reading glasses & I'd rather remove my glasses to read up close than put some on &/or not be able to if I don't have them w/ me.

Hey all,

Thinking about getting LASIK finally and was curious as to how many folks out there have had the procedure done. Do you reccommend it? I'm interested in anyone who's had it for 10 years or so (to see if they're still happy with it).

Thanks in advance!

Bill Walsh raved about it. I don't know how too get in touch with him anymore though.

Not up to 10 years yet, but I had it done about 6 years ago and couldn't be happier. I do use reading glasses for up-close work now, but that was going to happen sooner rather than later anyhow, and the trade-off for me was totally worth it. (I had really bad myopia before, now I'm 20/20 or better in both eyes.)

It's definitely not for everyone, and if you do decide to pursue it I strongly recommend that you extensively research prospective surgeons before going ahead. I found a great guy, and everyone who I've referred to him, including my wife, has been very happy with their results.

Hey all,

Thanks in advance!

I had the LASIK procedure done around 20 yrs ago. The technology now is even better. I was asked if I wanted a procedure that would improve both my distance and reading ability. I preferred keepinng it simple and went with the procedure that improved distance, For reading I still require glasses.

When deciding who you want to do the procedure don't be overly influenced by the "deals" and special "sales." Find out who is the best doctor who specialize in that technique. One way to determine who is the best doctor is to find out who the eye doctors went to to have it done on them.

Had it done in 2000, so 13 years now. It was without a doubt the BEST money I have ever spent Would do it again 1000 times over.

I had worn glasses/contacts since 1970, still wake up every morning thrilled I do not have to put contacts in.

Had it done in 2000, so 13 years now. It was without a doubt the BEST money I have ever spent Would do it again 1000 times over.

I had worn glasses/contacts since 1970, still wake up every morning thrilled I do not have to put contacts in.

One of the best and startling sensations I have ever had is waking up and for the first time in a long time be able to make out the time from the alarm clock without sticking my face into the clock.

This is me in a nutshell, going on 9-10 years now. Agree with poster above who said stay away from the "doc in a box" shops and do some research.

More.

My work is offering it now as a promo from our health insurance thing. Its LASIK plus. They are saying $800. Noooo way would I ever go. Mine was almost $4k. Insurance took a bit of it but mostly it was me paying. Anyway. Yeah, the LASIK plus place was one I visited. Old equipment. Nothing new.

You want the wave front and blade less procedures. They can cut the eye with laser and make the flap without a knife. Much easier and because of those two methods it makes touch ups and corrections town the line easier

My brother chose a guy who was smaller, great environment and very comfortable. He did about 5-6 a week with his full eye practice. I chose a guy who did at least 50 a week. I didn't care if I was just another number. Clearly the guy has experience. I didn't need pampering or environment. I needed results

Did it and was the best thing I ever did (well, one of them). Had to get it done twice because my astigmatism was so bad.

What you have to consider is that you're taking a "healthy" organ and potentially subjecting it to a procedure that could ruin it. If you're willing to take that chance, do it.