T Jax released

You were first so I'll use your thread.

I figured the Bills would cut either Kolb or Jackson. Didn't think it would happen this soon, but better to give TJax a chance to catch on elsewhere, and EJ more reps to help him acclimate to the starting position come week 1. ;)

pretty much, This. I think it means they are satisfied with EJ and Tuel, and so are willing to give TJax his "best chance" to catch on elsewhere. I hope he does - I think he's a good guy and a gamer

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured the Bills would cut either Kolb or Jackson. Didn't think it would happen this soon, but better to give TJax a chance to catch on elsewhere, and EJ more reps to help him acclimate to the starting position come week 1. ;)

Pretty much exactly how I feel

Like a lot of others, I thought TJ might end up being the odd man out. But I'm surprised it happened so early especially when Kolb is injury prone and the other two QBs are rookies.

Not enough reps to go around during camp...they can always bring TJax back should one of the remaining QBs sustain an injury.

The question now is whether Tuel gets the 3rd spot or they cut him and put him on the PS (if he shows anything) and keep Brad Smith as the emergency QB/utility man?

Brad Smith? Emergency QB? As a Bill he has 2 passing attempts resulting in 2 interceptions. Our game plan should not involve this man throwing the ball.

I really like TJax as a player, and I'm sad to see the guy go...but hopefully, as others have said, this indicates that they really like what they see in our other three guys...

Hopefully TJ gets picked up by a team outside the AFCE...

Do you get money if people use your thread? :flirt:

Edited by mrwilson60

Brad Smith? Emergency QB? As a Bill he has 2 passing attempts resulting in 2 interceptions. Our game plan should not involve this man throwing the ball.

Like I said, "emergency QB." He's 4/9 for 1 TD and 2 INT's over his career, and he played QB in college. There's no reason to keep a 3rd QB who only plays just QB in this day given the fact that an emergency QB enters a game maybe a couple times league-wide (meaning out of 512 games) during the season, and doesn't win those games. Unless of course Tuel looks good in pre-season, then you keep him and cut Smith.

Do you get money if people use your thread?

No. Just the cred if you post it first. ;)

Good call by management/coaches. If he isn't going to be the starter then it is best for both parties to end the relationship. Our rookies need more reps and TJ needs a chance of making another team.

Good luck TJ. You didn't do anything good here, but you didn't do anything bad either.

I wonder - I know this move is probably fueled most by the desire of Bills coaches to get Manuel more reps, but also, I think it speaks to their satisfaction with Tuel. I noticed on profootballtalk.com that Vontae Leach, the Ravens FB, is going to be released or traded. Hmmm... the Bills are going to use a FB, and to add that kind of blocker to help Spiller/Jackson, and to aid with QB protection - that makes sense to me, too. Now we have an open roster spot.