Good article about Byrd agent Eugene Parker by Tim Graham

bbb

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the different writers saying it are going to say Psyche - we didn't say the Bills - jokes on you!:

The Buffalo Bills and safety Jairus Byrd both want to get a long-term contract extension done, now it's just a matter of coming to an agreement, according to Yahoo.

Like I'm just supposed to take the word of some yahoo on the internet?

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I hope they do trade him. Byrd was good, and great at times. But he is eminently replaceable. This team won 16 games the past 3 seasons. Other than CJ Spiller there is noone on this roster who has outrageously special skills, (hopefully EJ will be there soon as well) Byrd included. If we can get a first round pick and a solid player, or even a 2 and a 3 in next years draft, I am all for it. Remember, this is a new coaching staff. They have no loyalty to anyone on this team. Nor should they.. If Byrd does not want to be part of the new regime, than lets get the best deal possible and move on. I root for the team and not the individual player. Whoever is wearing our unis is who I want to go nuts over!!

Agreed.

Yeah, the different writers saying it are going to say Psyche - we didn't say the Bills - jokes on you!:

The Buffalo Bills and safety Jairus Byrd both want to get a long-term contract extension done, now it's just a matter of coming to an agreement, according to Yahoo.

It's just a matter of coming to an agreement, eh? That's some deep, inside stuff...

Oh "sports journalism".....who could grow tired of you?!

It's just a matter of coming to an agreement, eh? That's some deep, inside stuff...

Oh "sports journalism".....who could grow tired of you?!

Wait, what happened to using Jedi mind tricks to get the player to sign?

ultimately football is a business. Byrd understands this and has a well respected agent. That some of his players have walked is unfortunate. As far as Jason Peter's, I would say based on his time in Philly he was not the great deal he thought he was. As far as Byrd, I wonder if he would really like to continue his career in Buffalo. Ultimately that might determine if he makes a deal or not.

Right but when your market value is set by a slotted draft where his ability to test the market is restricted, its a legit thing to say that the system kept him from pursuing pay in line with his value.

He signed a rookie contract because he had no other choice to enter the league. Lets not act like Parker is waaaay out in left field acknowledging the bills got a steal the last couple years. The reason drafting well creates winners is you end up with probowlers playing for pennies when you do it right.

Let's not forget that the players also agreed to the CBA. Rookie salaries were ballooning upwards and unproven rookies were reaping blind rewards limiting the salary pool for seasoned veterans. Everybody agreed to the system. Byrd has proven his value. For Parker to claim Byrd could or should have been paid more the last couple of seasons is BS. He gets paid now and for the future. That's how the system works. But it's on the Bills' negotiators to deal with Parker's opinions.

And here is a quote from parker in the Tim Graham article that is absolute BULLCRAP..."“Under the system, the Bills were allowed to pay Jairus substantially less than a Pro Bowl player at his position makes for four years,” Parker said. “The Bills, under the CBA, have the ability to restrict his free agency by making him a one-year offer, which we can accept or not accept.

Complete bullcrap yes for he was not functioning as pro bowl player for four years.

ultimately football is a business. Byrd understands this and has a well respected agent. That some of his players have walked is unfortunate. As far as Jason Peter's, I would say based on his time in Philly he was not the great deal he thought he was. As far as Byrd, I wonder if he would really like to continue his career in Buffalo. Ultimately that might determine if he makes a deal or not.

People need to stop re-hashing this. Peters has gone to 3 straight pro-bowls with the Eagles (plus the two with the Bills) and has been voted to the All-Pro team. Peters has done full justice to the contract the Eagles gave him. We got a first round pick in Woods for him. Let us move on.

People need to stop re-hashing this.

Some need to get their own board so they set their own rules and only need to talk about subjects on their approved list.

Oh and several major news sites have articles mentioning that he was not living up to contract. Maybe you should go on and refute those articles too. Make sure you ask Jason's agent for a stipend.