Krazy for Kiko!!!

Bills R2 2013 draft pick Kiko Alonso has been all the rage at the OTAs and rookie mini camp sessions. He has even surpassed N. Bradham as the top ILB and has drawn comparisons to Houston Texanas LB B. Cushing by Mario Williams. i know it's early, but the first impressions on this guy have been through the roof.

From Buffalo Rumblings:

Kiko Alonso

• Contract: Signed through the 2016 season. Scheduled to make $405,000 in base salary in 2013.

Alonso, a second-round pick out of Oregon, is the Bills' big-name addition to replace the departed Nick Barnett, released in February. One of the more instinctual linebackers to come into the league within the past few years, Alonso has good athleticism and play-making ability, and he's got enough length and strength to play multiple positions for the Bills. He projects very well into this type of defense, but clearly, he faces very high expectations as a rookie that's supposed to walk into a starting lineup and anchor a defense from day one. How he fares early in his career could make or break the Bills defensively in the early portions of the 2013 season.[/Quote]

Alonso has played with the 1st team for two straight weeks now and has been delegated the play-calling duties for the defense even though he's just a rookie.

Marrone and Pettine have raved about how well prepared he is for the NFL and give most of that credit to Alonso's coaches at Oregon.

He kinda reminds me of LB Shane Conlan when Conlan was a rookie LB with the Bills and had similar expectations.

I think the Bills are counting on Alonso and Bradham very heavily this year to be productive players right away at ILB. If these guys can be productive players for us from Day 1 our defense could really be something special.

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and that neck....

Takeo or Paul for largest neck?

I say Takeo but it is really close!

Neck? What neck?

Both go from jaw to shoulder. They don't have necks.

Either way, Kiko is really turning out to sounds like a great pick up assuming he can do the same in pads. I don't recall Poz being given as much responsibility until his 2nd or 3rd year.