Federal Charges against the men who recorded Buddy Nix

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved how Nix got flamed here after falling for something he never should have expected. What those guys did was mad shady, immeasurably unethical and as we're about to find out, borderline illegal. I doubt they're found guilty of anything, though.

I don't know what the end result of the court proceedings will be, but it is certainly illegal to record a phone call in the manner that these guys (allegedly) did.

They may cop a plea or ultimately be found not guilty because I'm not sure what they burden of proof is here, but it does seem pretty open and shut. If they didn't do it- how did they get ahold of the recording?

I agree that because of the relatively high profile of this incident that the powers that be will try to set an example.

Copping a plea seems likely as they can argue there was no malicious intent, and it would be hard to prove there were any damages as a result.

The Feds do not lose? Really. Go ask Roger Clemens and Barry bonds. The Feds are a joke

Exactly, I can't believe they would rather waste money on something stupid like this than going after terrorists and those who do actual harm.

Clemens and Bonds are forever tarnished. So the Feds still got their way in a way.

They were going to be tarnished anyway, those perjury trials were a complete waste of money.

Edited by cosmo

Exactly, I can't believe they would rather waste money on something stupid like this than going after terrorists and those who do actual harm.

They were going to be tarnished anyway, those perjury trials were a complete waste of money.

Most likely the White Collar Crime division of the Feds are going after these guys. They are totally different people than those who prosecute and investigate terrorist or drug related crimes. What these kids did was most likely a violation of federal laws.

It's not about a prank phone call. Just because it happened to be done to a couple of entertainingly doltish NFL GMs does not make it ok. These guys are still executives in billion dollar corporations.

The Feds will come down on them. Mostly because only the Feds get to tap our phones like that. :censored:

Murph just said on his show that these two guys are from Massachusetts. Hmmm, did Belichick put these guys up to this to find another means to embarrass the Bills?

If he had some 'Bills' fans on his speed dial he would have called them and they would have paid to do it.