Beer Snobs Unite

Did some beer tasting 2 years ago when we went to Hawaii. Went to a brewery and got a tee shirt last beer before tomorrow.

Ordered a sampler, 10 6oz samples. . Good thing I had help with the samples, I was driving.

Kona? I had one of their sampler packs a few weeks ago. Surprisingly decent.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a 21st Amendment Back in Black IPA at my local "pub" and it was pretty good. Not a big IPA guy but I don't discriminate. Also went to Costco and they are selling Dust Bowls Hops of Wrath by the bottle and Kona variety case.

Sierra Nevada's Torpedo is an excellent IPA. It's about as hoppy as you can get without going overboard, but still has that crisp fresh Sierra Nevada flavor, and it's around 7% alcohol, so it gets you where you want to be without having to pound beers all night.

Also, if you have beer snob taste on a PBR budget, Costco sells a 24 pack (4 6-packs: belgian white ale, amber ale, pale ale, & IPA) for around $20. It's not the best beer, but it's pretty damn good.

Not sure how far east Lagunitas goes but it's very easy to find here. Grocery stores carry it. But then again they're only 45 minutes away from where I live.

They get around. I've seen it in NH. White Birch Brewery in my hometown of Hooksett hosts the So. NH Brewers Fest at the end of July and Lagunitas has been there, but not this year apparently

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Some of my favs....pyramid apricot...purple haze.....#9......ellicottville blueberry

Two of these are made at the Genesee Brewery. I'll let y'all figure out which two. Happy Memorial Day!

p.s: cue the flower pots who will rip on Genesee in 3...2...1....

Edited by bobblehead

Just had a 21st Amendment Back in Black IPA at my local "pub" and it was pretty good. Not a big IPA guy but I don't discriminate. Also went to Costco and they are selling Dust Bowls Hops of Wrath by the bottle and Kona variety case.

Used to live around the corner from 21st Amendment Brewery in SF. The wife doesn't drink beer so we only went once. Decent stuff.

Some of my favs....pyramid apricot...purple haze.....#9......ellicottville blueberry

I'm not a fan of the fruity beers. I was in Palm Springs a few years ago during the summer and it was about 115. I was at the store and bought a case of assorted beers (Sam Adams I think). Was looking forward to their summer brew thinking it would be refreshing. Hated it.

BJ's Pizzeria and Brewhouse has a nutty brunette which I like. It's a brown ale kind of like Newcastle but more complex.

Edited by Chef Jim

I'm not a fan of the fruity beers

Same here. Thing is, I tend to have a specific drinking speed, and if the beer can't keep up, I have no use for it.

I'm a solid beer drinker, and my friends know this, so every birthday they think it's fun to get me mixed packs of oddball schitt, but I'm not that kind of beer drinker. My garage is filled with bottles of stouts (chocolate? really?) and fruited ales waiting for a special home.

I'm all about the hops right now. Victory's Hop Devil, Heavy Seas' Loose Cannon, DogfishHead 60 minute and 90 minute IPAs, Stone's Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, IPA, Pale Ale and Ruination are all superb. I like Ithaca's Flower Power.

Theres a few different breweries which I tend to gravitate toward. The aforementioned Victory, Stone, Dogfish, and Heavy Seas, as well as Rogue, Lagunitas and Goose Island.

Had a few Laguintas Censored last night. Now my favorite beer. Laguintas Maximum also nice.

Really like anything Ninkasi does but hard to find around here. At least at Bev Mo and Safeway. They are out of Oregon but really good.

Edited by Dante

Motivated me to get something different today. Bought a sixer of this.

http://lagunitas.com...tion-shut-down/

Not sure how true this is but it's funny.

We brewed this especially bitter ale in dedication to all the world’s would-be astronauts, in remembrance of the 2005 St. Patrick’s Day Massacre on the Brewery Party Grounds and also in joyous celebration of our 20-day suspension that following January. Do the crime. Do the time. Get the bragging rights. Cheers

They said the ABC shut them down for 20 days accusing them of operating a "Disorderly House." :lol:

Ok on to the Lagunitas Imperial Stout. Excellent! And at 9.9% ABV I'm glad I only bought one. Well one 22 ouncer that is.....hic.

Edited by Chef Jim

Lagunitas IPA just arrived Friday at our outlet store...funny I asked the salesman and he said it just came in on the truck. Needless to say, you guys were spot on...a very fine brew (rich and hops). Will get more. They had Victory and Widmer as well so that will be next.