Bills over/under win total

According to Bovada Las Vegas the over/under win total for the Buffalo Bills is 6 1/2. Right about where I thought it would be and a difficult bet. Let's take off the homer glasses and have some good debate on over or under that number. I say that the beat (jets, dolphins, jags, panthers, a game that they shouldn't win, KC and Cincy)...I guess that I am taking 7-9

Take the under - new staff, new QB, another year of misery....4 wins with a legit shot at 1st overall next year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And.... two games are cancelled due to lack of interest ??? 8-8 in 2013 11-5 in 2014

You are obviously new to the theories of Cankology...you are allowed to throw out any two games.

Love ya Canks...that was a fun thread a few weeks ago.

If the over under was 6, I'd go with the over. If it were 7 I'd go with the under. So I guess 6 1/2 sounds about right. I'd be delighted to see 8 wins this year. That would be an indication that we definitely got the right qb and have the team going in the right direction. I don't think playoffs are in the cards.

I always over estimate the wins (homer that I am) because I usually blindly trust that the talent lives up to it's potential. However, it usually does not and I think that has been due to the coaching. This year I just want to see how it goes. I really wouldn't be surprised with a 4 win or even a 12 win season.

The Bills are 82-126 over the past 13 years. They have averaged a 6-10 record over those 13 years (6.3 Wins, 9.7 losses). So, by going with the stats, 6-10 sounds about right at this point in time.

As far as how I think the Bills will do, as of right now, I have no clue. With a new coaching staff, new offensive & defensive strategies, and a new QB, it's very hard to give a prediction at this point in time. Is Hackett better or worse than Gailey (as OC)? Is Pettine better or worse than Wannstedt? Is Marrone better or worse than Gailey (as HC)? Anyone can point to the previous successes that Marrone, Pettine & Hackett had prior to coming to Buffalo, but they have to prove it here. Many people talked up how Gailey worked with scrub QB's (Tomczak, Stewart, Fielder & Thigpen) and got the best out of them. Same with the success Wannstedt had as being a DC, but look at how they did in Buffalo? They failed miserably. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but seeing is Billeving!!

The Bills are 82-126 over the past 13 years. They have averaged a 6-10 record over those 13 years (6.3 Wins, 9.7 losses). So, by going with the stats, 6-10 sounds about right at this point in time.

As far as how I think the Bills will do, as of right now, I have no clue. With a new coaching staff, new offensive & defensive strategies, and a new QB, it's very hard to give a prediction at this point in time. Is Hackett better or worse than Gailey (as OC)? Is Pettine better or worse than Wannstedt? Is Marrone better or worse than Gailey (as HC)? Anyone can point to the previous successes that Marrone, Pettine & Hackett had prior to coming to Buffalo, but they have to prove it here. Many people talked up how Gailey worked with scrub QB's (Tomczak, Stewart, Fielder & Thigpen) and got the best out of them. Same with the success Wannstedt had as being a DC, but look at how they did in Buffalo? They failed miserably. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but seeing is Billeving!!

ewwwwww,,,that first sentence kind of says it all. Painful.

If the over under was 6, I'd go with the over. If it were 7 I'd go with the under. So I guess 6 1/2 sounds about right. I'd be delighted to see 8 wins this year. That would be an indication that we definitely got the right qb and have the team going in the right direction. I don't think playoffs are in the cards.

Wait, how can this be...you are talking about what may or may not happen when no games have been played? You generally don't decide who does or does not make the playoffs before games have been played. I mean that is the logic you have been trying to hammer home isn't it? :w00t: Priceless

I would take the over. If our young players can contribute early, this team could turn some heads this year and shock some people. Still way too early to tell, but I love what I am hearing and seeing about Woods, Kiko, and EJ.