Tight End issue resolved??? Brandon Kaufman....

JTO

In looking at WR Brandon Kaufman I realized that he is 6'5" @ 215 pounds. He also runs a 4-58 40 yard dash. He's got magnet hands and an impressive vertical should he need to jump up and catch overthrown balls. If he is able to gain an additional 10-20 lbs of muscle he may be able to covert into a TE. Do you guys agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3j8_rXaYME

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say leave him exactly the way he is... I think Kaufman's presence in an offense could represent true innovation. Let those tiny DB's out there figure out how to cover something that BIG, and that FAST. -Especially in the red-zone.

He needs work, but I feel Kaufman can be fashioned into an original, deadly, weapon. Sure hope he makes the roster.

In looking at WR Brandon Kaufman I realized that he is 6'5" @ 215 pounds. He also runs a 4-58 40 yard dash. He's got magnet hands and an impressive vertical should he need to jump up and catch overthrown balls. If he is able to gain an additional 10-20 lbs of muscle he may be able to covert into a TE. Do you guys agree? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3j8_rXaYME

10-20 pounds of muscle lol??? Good thing for HGH!

I say leave him exactly the way he is... I think Kaufman's presence in an offense could represent true innovation. Let those tiny DB's out there figure out how to cover something that BIG, and that FAST. -Especially in the red-zone.

He needs work, but I feel Kaufman can be fashioned into an original, deadly, weapon. Sure hope he makes the roster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hardy_(American_football)

That whole idea of "original, deadly weapon" is one I like. That is something that stood out to me after the draft, this offensive coaching staff is looking for "types" of players to create mismatches - and both the T.J. Graham / Goodwin mold of small and lightning quick, and the Kaufmann mold of huge and fast makes for terrific situational versatility for this offense. I love that our coaches are thinking about this stuff - and I can't wait to see how they eventually work all these "weapons" into the offense.

Think about it - we now have one of the few QB's in the league who is both a gifted passer and a capable runner - in other words, a dual threat QB, which by itself causes teams problems. Add to that Spiller, a dynamic weapon who also needs to be specifically game planned for. Add to that these special type weapons at reciever in Goodwin and Graham, coupled with Johnson and Woods (who, incidentally looks quite fast himself!) and I just can't wait to see how we attack our opponents this year!

You know, we have so many WR this year that are good, but only one tall WR that is past 6'3". All I know is that some will be cut. However, we can always list Kaufman as a TE/WR to just add another reason to keep him on. Of course, we can always send him down to the practice squad. But then risk losing him to another team that covets him. Lets think about this for a moment.

I think he is a role player and if he is the real deal can make a solid contribution to the team. Great red zone target throw it to the corner where only he can go up and get it = 6 points. You don't want to bring a guy like that over the middle in the center of the field where a hard hitting safety can lay him out.

He used to be a TE and was converted to WR. Now convert him back? Maybe but a TE is not just a tall, broad WR.

And I hate all those failed experiments of the Jauron and Gailey era of converting players out of position. If you are a WR, then you are a WR.

I suppose you could have asked the same question about Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, or Marques Colston when they were rookies.

The guy is a wide receiver who's had success at the position so it would be weird to try to convert him to another position.

Anyways he seems to fit the profile of the guy who's open even when he's covered.

Hope he's a player.

Great link. He owned Trufant. He has the size we need at WR, and seems to have Larry Fitzgerald type hands where he catches anything within his reach. He should make the team. I'm thinking our WR's are: SJ, Woods, Rogers, Goodwin, Graham, Kaufman. Easley on Practise squad. Imagine lining 5 of those guys up 5 wide, Spiller or Freddie in the backfield, and having to account for Chandler as well.

Great link. He owned Trufant. He has the size we need at WR, and seems to have Larry Fitzgerald type hands where he catches anything within his reach. He should make the team. I'm thinking our WR's are: SJ, Woods, Rogers, Goodwin, Graham, Kaufman. Easley on Practise squad. Imagine lining 5 of those guys up 5 wide, Spiller or Freddie in the backfield, and having to account for Chandler as well.

that's 8 skill position players, with one QB, a center to hike the ball, and we're down to one o-lineman . . . something has to give.