Buffalo Bills' Mount Rushmore

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who doesn't have Ralph Wilson on a Buffalo Bills' Mt. Rushmore really needs to go to the library and check out a book on the history of the Bills. Or at the very least go on wikipedia and do some research. Bottom line, they are wasting their time on a website devoted to the Buffalo Bills when they have no business voicing their opinion on the subject. It would be like if I spent all my time on a Led Zeppelin website and I'd never listened to Led Zeppelin I. After that, it gets a little tricky. I think you have to give the nod to Bruce over OJ due to the whole murdering his wife thing.

1. Ralph Wilson

2. Marv Levy

3. Jim Kelly

4. Bruce Smith

Honorable Mention:

5. OJ Simpson

6. Thurman Thomas

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Anyone who doesn't have Ralph Wilson on a Buffalo Bills' Mt. Rushmore really needs to go to the library and check out a book on the history of the Bills. Or at the very least go on wikipedia and do some research. Bottom line, they are wasting their time on a website devoted to the Buffalo Bills when they have no business voicing their opinion on the subject. It would be like if I spent all my time on a Led Zeppelin website and I'd never listened to Led Zeppelin I. After that, it gets a little tricky. I think you have to give the nod to Bruce over OJ due to the whole murdering his wife thing.

1. Ralph Wilson

2. Marv Levy

3. Jim Kelly

4. Bruce Smith

Honorable Mention:

5. OJ Simpson

6. Thurman Thomas

I know about Ralph, but I dont like him, and it's my list, so tough :nana:

Gerald Washington

Brad Jefferson

Naaman Roosevelt

Keith Lincoln

Very nicely done.

And look I respect the hell out of the old school Bills and old school Bills fans. But I think some of the old school names that are being thrown around save for OJ and (maybe) Jack Kemp are more than a little "look at me I know about the 60's Bills." Someone really thinks George Saimes is one of the greatest four men ever associated with the Buffalo Bills?

I think most Bills fans will agree on Jimbo, Bruce and OJ.............I was thinking about it during the draft - that if you count Kelly as a #1 overall pick - since the Bills had the #1, picked Cousineau who never played and then turned into the Kelly pick, then their no doubt top three and first ballot HOFers were all #1s..................If only Walt Patulsky had turned out so well!

Hard to argue with any of the (serious) proposals, and just too damn hard to pick four...if I absolutely had to, it would be:

Winningest coach: Marv Levy

Greatest QB: Jim Kelly

Greatest offensive player, non-QB: OJ Simpson

Greatest defensive player: Bruce Smith

Jim Kelly - top 10 all time

OJ Simpson - top 5 all time

Ted Washington - Best NT of all time

Bruce Smith - 2nd Best DE of all time

I like both of those, but would probably go with:

Kelly

Thomas

Bruce

Talley

Haha! Great idea...

OJ

Thurman

who else ya got?!?

McGahee

Beast Mode

There it is. I knew there were some old timers I was forgetting, and thought Cookie belonged there but wasnt sure. One thing the Bills have done right over the history of the franchise has been RBs.

Now if we had that many QBs this franchise would be much different.

Hard to argue with any of the (serious) proposals, and just too damn hard to pick four...if I absolutely had to, it would be:

Winningest coach: Marv Levy

Greatest QB: Jim Kelly

Greatest offensive player, non-QB: OJ Simpson

Greatest defensive player: Bruce Smith

This would be mine, for sure!