Article on Alonso's potential impact...also tidbits on EJ3

Nice read linked on first page of TBD this morning, but here it is also.

More good stuff about EJ3:

The perception by many is that the Bills' selection of Manuel at No. 16 overall was a reach. Representatives from multiple teams have told me, however, that they saw the former Florida State star as the top quarterback in the 2013 draft class. One highly placed source for a team other than the Bills said Manuel was the best "by a wide margin."

It is easy to understand why. Dual-threat quarterbacks took the league by storm last year and Manuel possesses an intoxicating combination of physical traits to go along with toughness and intelligence.

If he adjusts to the Bills' quick-hitting attack as quickly as he did to the Detroit Lions' offense at the Senior Bowl, Nix's long search for a young quarterback may be over.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting, just more proof that considering everyone knew what the Bills were going to do they probably played the selection of Manuel about as well as you could. Arguably a bit of a reach but had to get him. If EJ doesn't pan out I still respect their methods.

Thanks for posting, just more proof that considering everyone knew what the Bills were going to do they probably played the selection of Manuel about as well as you could. Arguably a bit of a reach but had to get him. If EJ doesn't pan out I still respect their methods.

Agree., At least will go with the satisfaction that the Bills did try to improve by getting a franchise QB.

The article said EJ was the best QB in the draft by far, so how is that reaching?

PTR

In the same way that selecting a the best strong safety in the draft at 8 was reaching.

Really poor comparison. No other position on the field carries the weight of the guy who touches the ball on every offensive snap.

trading down and getting an extra second was HUGE...i would have hated picking Manuel at 8

ripping off another players nickname is weak so Im really hoping the EJ3 stuff doesnt catch on

trading down and getting an extra second was HUGE...i would have hated picking Manuel at 8

ripping off another players nickname is weak so Im really hoping the EJ3 stuff doesnt catch on

Now if we were saying EJIII you might be on to something...

In the same way that selecting a the best strong safety in the draft at 8 was reaching.

Is it like "wasting" a #9 pick on CJ Spiller? So it's not enough to draft good players anymore. Now they have to be drafted at the right spot?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Is it like "wasting" a #9 pick on CJ Spiller? So it's not enough to draft good players anymore. Now they have to be drafted at the right spot?

PTR

I don't know. Let's ask Donte Whitner.

The article said EJ was the best QB in the draft by far, so how is that reaching?

PTR

I believe the justification for calling EJ a reach is that we could have gotten more than an extra second and seventh round pick if we would have slid down even further, may be to 20.

We used our first round pick (#8) on the quarterback of our choosing (after as thorough a search and evaluation process as this franchise has ever conducted), a linebacker with starting potential and a project tight end. I'm baffled that some fans can criticize the allocation of that pick by saying we might have gotten more.

PTR

No, not the right spot but "the right spot according to pundit X."

I believe the justification for calling EJ a reach is that we could have gotten more than an extra second and seventh round pick if we would have slid down even further, may be to 20.

We used our first round pick (#8) on the quarterback of our choosing (after as thorough a search and evaluation process as this franchise has ever conducted), a linebacker with starting potential and a project tight end. I'm baffled that some fans can criticize the allocation of that pick by saying we might have gotten more.

:thumbsup:

PTR

Why is this so hard for people to accept!

Quit listening to the talking heads about value and where they should be drafted, and just get good players, preferably in positions of need!

I'm baffled that some fans can criticize the allocation of that pick by saying we might have gotten more.

And completely ignoring the fact of what we got in the trade down.

Classic glass half-empty thinking.

The Bills got the QB they rated the best AND two other players and yet that's not good enough for some people.

And completely ignoring the fact of what we got in the trade down.

Classic glass half-empty thinking.

The Bills got the QB they rated the best AND two other players and yet that's not good enough for some people.

Precisely.